It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut the Government Down...Do us all a Favor.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This is what I'm saying. They don't give a damn about the government. The banks just hope the US forecloses.

China sure as hell does too.

I don't understand how people are seeing this is some internet domestic policy dispute. It's far more than that.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If anarchy results, I think our chances for happiness will look far more of the kind.

Burn it all, it was rotten at square one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yep.. this is a shut down... a hysterical set of words that mean little. Its not just essentials.. there isnt ONE contractor that I know personally today who DIDNT get an email to settle down.. youre not missing an hour of work or pay. Not even the help desk guy. LOL! My husband, of course, would only miss a day at the base if Obama rode in naked on a unicorn and declared him king of the universe. This is a farce shut down.
Im talkin a SHUT DOWN... thats what Id like to see.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

randyvs

If anarchy results, I think our chances for happiness will look far more of the kind.

Maybe shutting it down will wake people up.

I sure am tired of waiting for people to wake up.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Its been shut down before. Nothing will change from it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

whyamIhere

Advantage
Shut it down. Ill personally suffer, but Im all for a shut down.. and keeping it shut down. Let us feel the pain.. and then discover we will survive just fine. Essentials are all we need as far as a federal govt. Id love to show em that the states wouldnt implode the moment theyre weaned from the cornucopia-of-crack--like Federal government golden teat.

We also need more unselfish people like you. True patriotism.

I would be willing to wait out a shutdown.

Can you really close a National Park?

Not from home, maybe we could have fun.

Patriotic and sick of the pack of BS Ive believed like a good little sycophant most of my life.
We who are wide awake as far as what we are willing to suffer would take care of eachother anyway.

Nope, wouldnt need to close a park. Plenty I know would volunteer to keep it open and do the work for free.. if there were some end goal to it all. I know cops who would work without pay if there were an end result they would effect. I know nurses who would still show up with no pay. These kind of folks are what scares some greedy SOBs... We arent the cogs and gears for nothin. Too bad some folks havent figured out they actually are essential gears... and money is not necessarily what makes us run.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Agreed. This government needs major revamping. This could be the wake up call they need, although I can't help but think that the US gov will never get the spending under control and thus, will never be able to repay it's financial obligations.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm done waiting for their asses. Their slow and weak and by the time they awake.
They'll not be worth a bucket o psss anyway because, they'll only be so demoralized
and confused. Cannon fodder at best. Baby hughy's.

Good thread
SnF
edit on 30-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't shut the gubmint down!, pleez?.

Shut the internet down so I get that motorcycle I am rebuilding out in the garage done.

JKJKJKJKJK

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 9/30/2013 by Mr. Hand... just because
edit on 9/30/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: I can
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Can I get my % of my taxes back for the number of days they shut down? The more the better.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't think it would be a good idea to shut the government down, because would probably be a false flag in the M.E.

So keep those money printers humming.

link   

Wires
The bummer is that after past shutdowns, all the government workers who sat at home during the shutdown got paid back pay, so the country didn't actually save any money having the government shut down. I have no reason to believe that this time will be any different.

So they're just going to take a paid vacation until they are good and ready to come back, while we foot the bill? Sounds like business as usual.
edit on 9/30/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

underrated movie. enjoyed the book even more. whether we want shut down or not, it will shut down. and i suspect the gop will cave after a few days. and all of us will be wondering what did we just miss when all of our attention was focused on this.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
write off the debt, force an agreement with all parties for a lower payment, if they refuse, send the military.

Voila! WW3.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I just love the way politicians still get paid when they don't do their job. Anyone else would be fired. Maybe we should all stop paying taxes for awhile and see how they feel. Our founding father's wouldn't have expected them to get paid until they did the job they were elected to do. This has become a game of chicken every year. I think it's about time the American people give them a little of their own medicine.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
write off the debt, force an agreement with all parties for a lower payment, if they refuse, send the military.

Voila! WW3.

Not necessarily WW3. Most of the debt is owed to the federal reserve bank. Only between 2-3 trillion to China. That's manageable, if you wipe out the fed debt.
edit on 30-9-2013 by IndieA because: clarification

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

Its been shut down before. Nothing will change from it.

True...and I recall that under Clinton. It was an annoyance, but then, the people at that time weren't looking to hurt US as it seems the point is more and more now. Clinton and the Repubs were just being jerks to each other. Those were the good 'ol days, eh? lol....

Short term tho.. Naww.. No harm done but a bunch of media frenzy and the world losing just a bit more confidence and respect.

IF (big if) this happens, then if (much bigger if) it lasts for more than a week or so? Then I'll start becoming concerned. Staffing at nonessential levels for things like routine processing of import/export and taxing issues come into play. Doesn't sound like too much ...until you consider Diesel fuel is tied up in all that, and if you have it? A truck brought it.

I'll tell ya right now from having been one to be a part of the general trucker discussions......few if any trucks will be around to haul anything from tampons to tea pots once serious issues there even look likely. I and almost all I ever knew where the subject came up, insured tanks were kept near full in unsettled times like this ...and the truck I drove had roughly a 1,500 mile range without refueling...home.

The shelves would run bare in...I'd guess 12-18 hours (a fraction of that in some places) once someone thought of that and the shutdown had been going on long enough already to get people worried in a meaningful but general way, anyway. Then again, with over-hype media today? I may be optimistic.

Good thing I don't believe it has any chance of going that far...lol

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
The only good argument I can think of is how all those being shut down will get back pay anyway...and the ones we most want to see shut down? They're "critical" ...so they won't be hurt.

No one we want to see get clobbered here, will... Hows that for a reason?

Sure they will get backpay but how will their families eat until that pay comes?? That is the part that irritates me. Innocent people will endure hardship because of this. Hard working people. I agree the entire government needs an overhaul but not at the expense of my neighbors and their families.
edit on 30-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

whyamIhere

randyvs

Maybe shutting it down will wake people up.

I hope so too but probably too much to wish for the whole of the masses. Media is already pushing CNN Poll: GOP would bear the brunt of shutdown blame. More divide and conquer bickering, O-care passing, with no end in sight to real solutions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join