It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Physical Reality really be a Dream?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

As Hawkin has said we could all be just brains wired into a supercomputer, what we perceive as reality, could be direct inputs into the neurons. If "mind" is the sum total of a working neuron field. Then when the brain is shut down, In death ,Its conceivable that the software/information isn't lost but is held in the structure of the field. The Cosmos itself being the actual supercomputer, with all the information that ever was being held in its hardware. Somewhat like a holographic image, with the structure of the universe, written on everything even down to the smallest piece of matter. The information has to be written on something, the basic elemental structure of the living brain can also be considered a collection of dead matter, in fact the reality we perceive to be "our body" At the atomic level is as dead as my lawnmower, in fact the atoms are getting replaced from food that I am ingesting. With the whole lot not the same as it was seven years ago...So where have I gone? I suggest that I am the software , already written on matter as code. If that is the case then the Universe will not waste it, as it hasn't wasted it already. We think we are alive, but in reality its something else, it must be one of the illusions that make us humans interesting. We think therefore etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

While what you've written is interesting, describing my existence in terms of being a piece of "software" in a "super computer" couldn't be anymore distasteful.

It may correspond quite well with what we've been able to do with math/algorithms/physical elements, but it is such an unphilosophical, geekish way of putting things.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Not sure how it's any more of a dream than a dream. It's reality because there's standards and laws in order.

Reality is just another phenomena of consciousness. Dreams are equally bizarre.

Society says someone who confuses the two, but is otherwise well has latent schizophrenia. I think maybe funky wiring enabling awareness in fantastical landscapes.

I learned more growing up through dreaming than reality, and don't much care to confuse the two. Reality is this plane of existence. My own inner creations are something else altogether.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Astrocyte
reply to post by anonentity

While what you've written is interesting, describing my existence in terms of being a piece of "software" in a "super computer" couldn't be anymore distasteful.

It may correspond quite well with what we've been able to do with math/algorithms/physical elements, but it is such an unphilosophical, geekish way of putting things.

Sorry for the anology if you find it distasteful, but consider that everything that mankind has achieved is in reality obtained from nature. Flying copied from birds, etc. But where does the computer fit into this? if its anything its the copy poorly of the function of the human brain. The same laws having to be applied.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join