It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Decay on PC - Now on Steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just a heads up to anyone that was waiting for this game to hit the PC like I was.

State of Decay is available on Steam right now for $20 as an early access game.
I've already spent hours playing. It's a fun game.

The only thing is it is early access because they are still working on the PC controls and a few other things. So they highly recommend using an xbox controller.

I have just been using the keyboard and mouse. It works ok. Hopefully will be better in the future. The only problem I've had is that aiming a gun is very twitchy. Makes it difficult to aim for the head at times.

Anyway, here are the PC Keyboard/Mouse controls, for anyone who is interested:

ESC - Menu
WASD - Move
E - Interact
T - Flashlight / Headlights
Q - Equip / Unequip Inventory Items (I.E. Weapons)
Shift - Run
Ctrl - Crouch
Tab - Cycle through the inventory / skills menu
M - Map
F - Use small inventory items (medicine, snacks, noise makers, etc)
Alt - Use Radio (to call scavengers, establish outpost, move home, etc)

Left Mouse - Use/Attack
Right Mouse - Zoom / Reverse Menu / Decline
Mouse Wheel - Cycle through small inventory items

Shift + E - Kill a downed Enemy / Sneak kill while crouched
Left Mouse + F - Drop Rucksack

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Anyway, here are the PC Keyboard/Mouse controls, for anyone who is interested:

Does this mean that the key bindings are locked ? , I'm left handed so use the arrow keys for movement WASD is no good for me

I really like the look of this game but that's a deal breaker for me if I cant change the bindings .

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

gortex
WASD is no good for me

I really like the look of this game but that's a deal breaker for me if I cant change the bindings .

It's only temporary. The game is still in "early access" while the console port is being made to work on PC. Native keyboard and mouse support is being worked on. Until then you have to use a 360 controller, or use the keys they have mapped on the keyboard.

Or, just wait for the game to be finished, then you'll have full keyboard support to change keys.

Here's a link to an always-updated thread about keyboard controls:

steamcommunity.com...

ETA> I only use arrow keys myself, so I'm waiting for full keyboard/mouse support before purchasing this game.

edit on 29-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If you have an xbox controller you can also use that.
Didn't like the game at the moment, just didn't tickle my fancy but it is a pre release and I can wait

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Or, just wait for the game to be finished, then you'll have full keyboard support to change keys.

That's probably the best bet , I have several unfinished games and Watch Dogs is out soon so that should take me into the new year

reply to post by boymonkey74

The only peripheral I have is a wheel for F1 and rally games , I keep meaning to buy a pad but my computer always seems to need new bits when I have spare cash

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

gortex
WASD is no good for me

It's only temporary. The game is still in "early access" while the console port is being made to work on PC. Native keyboard and mouse support is being worked on. Until then you have to use a 360 controller, or use the keys they have mapped on the keyboard.

Here's a link to an always-updated thread about keyboard controls:

hackerbot.net...

ETA> I only use arrow keys myself, so I'm waiting for full keyboard/mouse support before purchasing this game.

edit on 29-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

I dont think the controlls are all that bad. At least in the official release...
...cant talk about the Early access version tho.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just finished the campaign...not bad at all. Totally picked this up on a whim, so I was really surprised at how engaging it was. Once you figure out the mechanics of the world, it becomes kind of redundant, but I'll give the devs credit for making such a nice world despite the limitations of the single player format.

If I could ask for anything it would be a hardcore mode, as it was a bit too arcadey. The zombies can really only do damage with a massive numbers advantage (the big guys are tough before you figure them out), which led me to lose only 2 members on my first playthrough...

*possible spoiler? On a side note, lost the "main" guy exploring that bridge area (the mission wasn't spawning for me to progress...restart the game a few times if this happens to you) by slipping off the damn cliff, LOL. My God, made it not 1 hour from the end to lose him in such a silly way ^_^

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The full PC version is out now. The controls are much better and the key bindings can be changed. It is such a fun game.

Granted, I would love to get ahold of some mod tools, but the game is still good as-is.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Got the game yesterday, it's fantastic even with all it's flaws.

(post by pubgmupdate removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join