It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas County Now Has Its Very Own Bulletproof, "Mine-Protected" Military SUV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Lysergic

SadistNocturne

Lysergic
reply to post by antar

It's because WE THE PEOPLE are the enemy, not Mohammed off in the desert some where.

You, are an ignorant fool.

"Not some Mohammed off in the desert some where"

Your lack of knowledge of the people and situation you are mocking with such great disdain is appalling. I'm amazed you opted to go straight for their Prophet, which I'll wager you know nothing about, rather than simply go for the racial epithets. That shows real insensitivity and hatred. Good job.

If you are a representative of what WE THE PEOPLE have become, then we deserve no better than what we are receiving.

You've misinterpreted me, it was sarcasm as in how the media acts and perpetuates the lie of a terrorist threat to the American populace. Not an apology, a clarification. Good job reading something into nothing.

Try not to be so narrow next time, it's an internet forum.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

I'm not certain as to how someone would misinterpret the text "Not some Mohammed off in the desert some where", particularly given that there was absolutely no additional text to push the intention that it was meant to be sarcastic...or an emoticon at the very slightest...not that that would have convinced anyone that you were intending to be sarcastic.

Text, without intentionally going to extreme lengths to assure it is taken as such, is not a good medium for sarcasm. Particularly when those involved do not know one another.

And whether you had taken me to task on this or not, or simply said "Hey, I didn't mean it that way", I still would have publicly apologized for misjudging you here in this thread.

I apologize for having done so.

I hope you can see where I was coming from in taking the stance I did.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Your lack of knowledge of the people and situation you are mocking with such great disdain is appalling. I'm amazed you opted to go straight for their Prophet, which I'll wager you know nothing about, rather than simply go for the racial epithets. That shows real insensitivity and hatred. Good job.

Actually Mohammed is very popular name among Muslims. Why do you think he was talking about the Prophet?

You are absolutely correct.

But you also give the average american the credit of knowing this about islamic culture.

I believed he was referencing the Prophet as it is a common slur used by many who would make such a slight against people they've never met, or have no real understanding of in the first place.

I assumed. You've shown that I've made an ass of myself. How arrogant of me to make an assumption about the average american. It's not as if we've ravaged countries or taken a generally hostile stance as a people against this religion. No, not at all.

I hope you accept my apology in its sincerest form, not only for yourself, but for everyone here on this forum.

I have been shown the error of my ways.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The sheeple in me makes me think it is for the terrorists that are coming after us.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
All I'm going to say is what vehicle would you choose when you have an incident like this

m.youtube.com...

Sorry couldn't find the embed button I'm using ats on my phone. The vIdeo is of the North Hollywood shoot out.

Just because they have this vehicle doesn't mean it's going to be going around patrolling the streets. When the London bombings happened and the recent riots we had not long ago, I saw so many different types of law enforcement vehicles that I hadn't seen before

And considering your gun culture is a lot different than ours, I know what vehicle is like to be in

edit on 29-9-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That is the same thing I was thinking when I read Antar post, most people in the middle east of male gender do share the same name as their Idol, but as usual some wants to be so politically correct that they forgot we are in America and we are protected to say and express what we want, thanks to our rights, something that people from other countries that do not have those rights can not understand.

long live America and Antar post. he, he, Now on the topic, I guess we have so many land mines that the police seems necessary to arm themselves like they are fighting terrorist within regular communities.

They are nothing but a joke.

edit on 29-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In a real shtf & bullets are flying that vehicle poses no threat. The real threat is the army of civilians you've pissed off.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

well it probably runs on diesel so the engine will run until you try to accelerate. but yes we'll call it a banana in the tailpipe

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by buster2010

That is the same thing I was thinking when I read Antar post, most people in the middle east of male gender do share the same name as their Idol, but as usual some wants to be so politically correct that they forgot we are in America and we are protected to say and express what we want, thanks to our rights, something that people from other countries that do not have those rights can not understand.

Freedom of speech is just that, freedom of speech. I did not say he was unable to say whatever thing he wanted. Apparently you misread that.

However, and we must remember that this has already been addressed and resolved between Antar and I, so this is strictly between you and I....if someone were to say something along those lines for the sake of being ingorant and arrogant (Antar brought me up to speed that he was being sarcastic. Point taken.) that individual has every right to look as idiotic and stupid as they feel fit. That is what our Freedom of Speech grants us.

I also have the freedom of speech. And it comes into play in pointing out that whether they are "our enemies" or not, what that person said (Not Antar, as he/they and I have already discussed and settled this) shows a lack of empathy, understanding, and general cruelty. I am not being PC by saying that. I personally do not agree with much of what Islam has to say. I know this from conversations I have had with an Islamic friend. We discussed it openly, respectfully, and with the intent on understanding. He is a good person, whether I agree with his religious beliefs or not. If I were to make a comment to someone regarding the comment of "Mohammeds in the desert", it would be because of their lack of understanding a culture, lack of understanding that not every one of those people is "evil" as we have been spoonfed. That understanding can help us end wars. End needless death.

So as far as I am concerned, you can feel free to take your pro-american BS and flush it, as nothing I said was anti-american. It was pro-people. It was for understanding, and promoting understanding of all people. It had nothing to do with "wanting to be PC", it had everything to do with attempting to promote understanding in that one day we might have peace because of it. And in that, you have to start with a measure of respect.

So, say what you will, think what you will. I'll continue to do the same

- SN

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

zonetripper2065

well it probably runs on diesel so the engine will run until you try to accelerate. but yes we'll call it a banana in the tailpipe

Have you never seen the movie Beverly Hills Cop?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

course I have

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join