It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live for a long period of time just on TEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I figured out that as long as you at least have tea, which you could get for dirt cheap from almost anywhere, well you could actually go for a long period of time without food. It's an appetite suppressant, and it has the caffine to keep you going. It's really good for if you want to try fasting for a while. Just interesting, I never thought about that before.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

That is a very good point my friend. I am going to go and get 50 lbs or so of some tea, and about 300 gallons of water. So when the time comes I'll be set for at least a month or two before hunger gets to me... Maybe some hot pockets, mmmmm hot pockets. So bad, yet so good.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm a Tea addict, I drink NOTHING but tea. It certainly does drive away hunger, but I dont think it contains much in the way of nourishment.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Horses for example. They re big, strong animals and all they eat is grass.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, I read somewhere that you can survive if you drink only beer, but I guess you'll be drunk all the time.

I had a friend she was on some diet or something and she was drinking only tea form some special herbs for around a month, no food, nothing. She said that it was hard in the beginning but after a week, you feel so good that you don't want to stop. So why not.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Great idea! I have a girlfriend who hiked around Africa for a couple of years and she always had a supply of Red Bush tea, peanuts and raisins and to this day maintains that if you are hard up that is all you need to stay alive!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Now I'm not just saying this because I'm a Brit and we love our tea .. But I started worked at 6 am this morning, I love my bed so stayed in it as long as possible missed breakfast .. So 9am comes at work my breakfast time feeling really hungry .. Made a tea first decided to skip breakfast and now I no longer feel hungry

As a man this may sound a little feminine but this non eating business is working wonders on my diet

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Howzit wiser3:-))) oh yes rrdbush tea-i drink liters a day+for me personally it does seem to have appetite suppressant properties(but then I seem to need precious little food intake,anyway) But it is Superhealthy,and along with bananas and raisins eg it will not only keep you alive but healthy too,if that's all you had access to for a long long time.Add peanuts/peanut butter+you're all set for Healthy survival.Goeie ou Rooibos:-)

edit on 26-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I posted this somewhere else too, but it deserves to be here as well for all the tea lovers.

I'll go and stick the kettle on, catch me on the boil.....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Tucket
Horses for example. They re big, strong animals and all they eat is grass.

They get that way due to their biology...

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Tidnabnilims
I posted this somewhere else too, but it deserves to be here as well for all the tea lovers.

I'll go and stick the kettle on, catch me on the boil.....

No sugar but a little extra milk please .. Oh and Bourbon biscuits please

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Hey Rax, looooong time!

Rooibos (Red Bush) is king! Love it!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lunch time with a tea! And I'm not feeling hungry despite only eating Terry's chocolate orange at 7am this morning .. Maybe tea does work

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It probably is all okay, but can't imagine the amount of minerals, vitamins or that fibre etc that you'd be missing out on if you didn't supplement it or have it as part of the tea. I know you get a lot of teas these days, though you'd surely miss out on some things that might have longer term effects.
A lot like eating rabbit, you can't live it off it alone and needs to be supplemented long term with what
rabbit does not provide.

Maybe it'd be worth an experiment, a group logging things, like hunger, weight and fat level, tiredness, poop colour and consistency and amount being drank, how much would you need to drink anyway?

top topics

join