It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FRECKLES...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Freckles...I have them...I got most of them from my mother...Growing up with Freckles can be such a curse...With me, before I started school all my family told me how cute and special they were...My Grandma told me they were ANGEL KISSES, my aunts would squeeze my cheeks and say endearing things about them, My Father would stroke the ones gently on my arms as we would watch T.V. together...

But then it all fell apart at the seams when I started elementary school...
...What was once something to nice and special about me became suddenly ugly, weird, and shameful...They were the cause of many childhood battles...All these conflicting reactions from home/school really took its tole...

I was a quiet child that became withdrawn to the point of not speaking to anyone at school...Not the other children, not to my teachers...After a while though I suddenly crawled out of my SHELL...I was suddenly very AGGRESSIVE, without any hint a CHANGE...

I can recall systematically stalking and figuring out how to get even with each of these brats...Me being a very petite little girl I had to use my brain a little more than my brawn...And this was all done between the 2nd through 6th grades...4 yrs. it took me to get even...I never once sat in the principles office or had a teacher call my parents...

Then by the time I started 7th grade we were all friends...
Is this what prejudice feels like? Is this a case of being bullied? Or Is this something we all go through as a kid in one form or another?
Does anyone else here have FRECKLES
??? Or a similiar burden??? Oh yeah plus I wore glasses

CX

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was always told they are a sign of beauty......that doesn't really apply to me though

CX.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I got freckles, my kids have them too. We got it from our Irish side.

We never had any troubles with it... On the contrary.

I find freckles to be so sexy!
Probably the Irish blood speaking

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I had a large gap in my front two teeth. Ridiculed through elementary and middle school. I have since grown to not care so much as an adult but the scars from critical younger years are still there. I think it happens to a lot of kids. Little ones for some reason like to zero in on any difference and separate themselves from it. Pack mentality is also to blame.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

i have quite alot of freckles , more the sun comes out the more i get.I get it from my nan, and they remind me of her now she s dead, so my freckles make me happy

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I have a dusting of freckles on and around my nose and arms if I spend time in the sun they get a little darker. I never had any problems because of them.

I was made fun of as a kid because I was super skinny.....skinny bones jones is what they called me, lol. I wouldn't call that prejudice though, just kids being kids.

For the record I think freckles are adorable.....never be ashamed of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I have freckles. I am a Celt. Most of us do!

I have to stay out of the sun, or keep topping up on factor fifty sun cream every twenty minutes, just to avoid serious burns during the summer months.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

From the age of 7 until 11 i also grew up with Freckles...

She was my white and ginger cat and my best friend... she was killed by a couple of idiot bullies on the street where i lived... i was devastated...

Apart from that, Freckles are sexy in my opinion on the right type of Irish girl

Kindest respects

rodinus

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Not alot of freckles here, some but not much. Never got teased with it though.
I was a quiet kid aswell and a victim of sorts. Instead of being teased with freckles. A group of other guys in my class, hunted me from grade 1 to grade 8. I was dragged over behind school, where I was held in place and whipped with sticks. Forced into the shower at gym and held down while being urinated on. Almost drowned when I was thrown into the deep end of the pool at swim class, because I was afraid of the deep water and panicked. I got plenty of stories about bullies and being bullies. Those were some of the worst experiences I had.

I think bullying is someting, some of us go through. Others tend to jump along with the bullies in hopes, that the same thing wont ever happen to themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

From the age of 7 until 11 i also grew up with Freckles...
reply to post by Rodinus

I had a cat when I was around the same age and some mean, bully type boys who's father at the time had a gas station and they did some horrible things to my cat I had named him
...He was a GREAT cat...I will never forget him...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Hated them as a kid.

Love them as an adult.

My dad used to joke with me saying that my freckles came from god flinging poop at me through a screen door. Damn irishmen and their damn jokes...

Anyways, I embrace them now and love how they give me a more youthful look in my old fart years.

Hail to the almighty freckle !
reply to post by CranialSponge

EXACTLY!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I have freckles. I am a Celt. Most of us do!

I have to stay out of the sun, or keep topping up on factor fifty sun cream every twenty minutes, just to avoid serious burns during the summer months.

SUNSCREEN IS GOOD...BUT I FORGET OR ITS HARD TO FIND THE RIGHT STUFF...SO MOST TIMES I USE A HAT, LONG SLEEVES...ETC...AND I HAVE A GREAT SKIN DOCTOR...BASAL SKIN CANCER...

edit on 9/23/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

REPLY TO TRUE BRIT...
edit on 9/23/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join