It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future Exists already

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Interesting. I was having a conversation the other day about past life regression. This has got me thinking, maybe it's not past lives that people experience in dreams or through hypnosis. Maybe it's a parallel life. Time is only relative based on our current perception of reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I occasionally see glimpses of the future, never anything like a lottery ticket or a sports score, but rather what I'm doing at some point in the future even if it's an activity I have no intention of doing (for example living in a specific building, playing a computer game I didn't even know existed, or so on). I write them down and they come true, usually within a year. So from those experiences I would have to say the future is predetermined.

That said, we're all time travelers. We travel forward at a rate of 24 hours every day.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I don't know anything about physics,but the way i see it,there are a whole host of Possible futures-but because of free will they are all mutable?if thats the right word,i can never get my around the "past,present+future all exist at the same time" thing,anyway.I fell flat on my face once when i was 7 years old,i fortunately managed to avoid that every other day henceforth.We have birthdays,we get older,things change-i do not in the least understand how past present and future can co-exist at the same time.
Even if i was of a tribe living undiscovered in the Amazon jungle,time would still move on-my husband caught 3 fish today,yesterday only 2-so which of these 2 events is the one in which past,present and future are one?
Uuugh too much of a mind-bugger for me,i guess,these things just go right over my head,sorry

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Even if paralel universes are real, and we dont know if they are, I don't like that idea. Plus it doesn't really apply in the real world. Because on a day to day basis we think in terms of freewill and self determinism if you want to call it that. We decide most of the time what we should do next. Except for when God might intervine and lead us down some other path and or set of actions. Life feels and runs better that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Of course past, present and future all exist at the same time.
It's a hard concept to get your head around.
THIS moment is all that exits.Here. Now.
In five days, you will be in the 'moment' still.
The only thing different is your consciousness is 'locked' in the here and now.
Very hard to understand; especially if you are so fixed on material things and thinking in a linear way.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think two things:

Every infinite future possibility does already exist, BUT it does not yet exist in your perspective and timeline until you create it.

Time travel effects only the travelers perspective and personal timeline.
edit on 10-10-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join