It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Consume News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How to Consume News!

The how-to guide on news consumption!

Hello consumers! Here is some news! We will teach you how to digest it!

I heard the first phrase on the radio today. "How to consume news" was the segment coming up that I missed. Most of the time when I am driving I am listening to radio programming and talk radio. I zone out on the road and before I know it I am at my destination. Occasionally, something breaks me out of my daydreaming and I scream at the radio "WHAT THE...." today was one of those days.

I even repeated it to myself in disbelief. "HOW TO CONSUME NEWS?!" I yelled at the dashboard. "You have got to be kidding me, how flipping stupid do they think we are, how condescending..." until I was interrupted by a blip they were playing of the segment to come up.

Paraphrased:
And on our next segment, how to consume news. *Cue Guy to be on the segment talking* "So how should we consume news, well for instance be careful with names that come out at first they are not always correct, and there is almost never a second shooter..."

HOLD UP.

You are telling me...you are telling me how to process news instead of letting me think for myself? You are telling me... that when SWAT or Law Enforcement is on a scanner I am listening to at a shooting and says REPEATEDLY that there is another shooter (or three, depending on which one we are talking about here) that it's not true, ignore that, there is almost never another one, yaknow Law Enforcement just makes this crap up.

You have got to be FREAKING KIDDING ME. I can't decide if we as a collective have become so aware that we instantly pick up on this stuff (and the number of people are growing) or if they are so arrogant and BLIND they think they can put this out right in our faces still.

I am sorry TPTB, you are losing, and we are growing exponentially. NOTICE when this kind of talk happens. SPREAD the word on what you heard and how ridiculous it was. SOMEONE will be listening who isn't aware that they are being spoon fed a lie.

Sorry that really ticked me off.

XOXO
Val

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Yes, they really do think we are stupid, at least as stupid as they are.

The truth here is that most news and opinion writers really aren't very well versed in the topics they comment on. They aren't very intelligent either so, they may actually accept their conclusions as plausible enough to put forth.

Most often, when it is your average bloke on local media, it isn't so much about conspiracy as it is self-delusion. If it is pasted from the AP newswire, that's a different story.

That said, good catch and never ignore it when your conspira-senses start tingling!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It just struck me as SO Orwellian, SO robotic. The worst part? OBVIOUS.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can't stand talk radio, in my opinion it is worse than TV because you can't see the tool bag saying it, so it's a little harder to identify as propaganda.

No thank you. I'll just jam out to my ipod or pandora when I'm driving.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Try listening to bbc radio, but listen to how they say stuff rather than what they're actually discussing. It doesn't take long before you're wanting to reach into the radio to strangle them.

top topics

join