It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 Earthquake just hit Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You know you're right....TEPCO stands to lose trillions so putting up a fake "live web cam" at a fraction of that cost to save face is completely out of question. I mean a corporation would never lower themselves to that level.

Baaahhh.......

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Thanks for the clarity. So It's a fake cam and the place is really a heap of rubble after this quake. Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Not what I said at all. Said I wouldn't put it past them is what I said. But to each there own....I just generally tend not to take the word of the people trying to do me harm or lie to me. But hey keep on getting those updates from the company responsible, I'm sure they have good intentions and your best interest at heart.

edit on 19-9-2013 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I think most agree that TEPCO has handled this horribly from the start. I've watched it from the start and there are whole threads on how horrible they are. I just don't buy the fake cam thing. We saw the hydrogen explosions on "their" cams days after the Tsunami/Quake. (not to mention the pathetic attempts to dump sea water on the reactors from helicopters etc) Many very informed ATS members have used their images to keep us updated in the once 1500+ page thread on this topic. But hey, if you want to believe the fake camera theory go for it.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I think we should of been scared when we heard that they wanted to build an ice wall to keep the contaminated water at bay, in a bay of contaminated water...

Am I the only one that wonders where they've been hiding the wonder twins all these years? I mean since thats bout the only means I can see an ice wall working, " Wonder twins power activate: in the form of something useful to contain radioactive water, OH OH I know " ICE WALL " .... " Uhhhh, ummmm, *shrugs* Ok, " Icewall! "

Meanwhile at the justice league

Spiderman: " My Spidy senses are tingling, yeah some dumbarses wanna use an icewall to hold back radioactive water, dammit we gotta go! "

Superman & Batman: " AWWWWWWW, But, But, But, we just got to mission 7 on GTA 5!!! "

Spiderman: " Just do that crap in Russia on the way, it's allowed "

edit on 19-9-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am the ghost of Double posting past, remove my fat arse!
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Human0815
The Plant look stable and Peaceful

Daijobu/ No Problem.

Yes all peaceful.

All look peaceful. Whew, thats a relief.

See that crack at the mans feet? Those run all through the place. One giant cracked eggshell. Every tremblor rattles the whole place a little more.

No problem, lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

USA Today_ Link to Article and Map

DENVER (AP) — A 5.3-magnitude earthquake has hit the Japanese prefecture that is home to the nuclear power plant crippled in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake struck early Friday at a depth of about 13 miles under Fukushima Prefecture and about 110 miles northeast of Tokyo.

19 SEPTEMBER 2013

A 5.3-magnitude earthquake has hit the Japanese prefecture that is home to the nuclear power plant crippled in the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

ALSO IN THIS SECTION

The US Geological Survey says the quake struck early today at a depth of about 13 miles under Fukushima Prefecture and about 110 miles north east of Tokyo.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre did not issue an alert.

The Japanese news agency Kyodo News reported that the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co, observed no abnormality in radiation or equipment after the quake.

ARTICLE - FUKUSHIMA ROCKED BY EARTHQUAKE ^^^
edit on 19-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added link

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

In other news, a world record tuna was caught 35 miles off the coast of Fukushima, the 2 story godzillian tuna was caught by a father an son and the entire navy engineering squadron, more to come about this story at eleven, or goto www.gta5isprettyawesome.org/seriously

lol, True story bro!
edit on 19-9-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: Added Suspense

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Additional Discussion and Information also found on this ATS Thread if interested

Fukushima Disaster - Where is the Outrage?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

antar
They will play down the numbers, they lie on a regular basis.

Waiting to hear more.

No such thing as lying Antar.

Just the "Subjective Truth".

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First a typhoon, and now an earthquake. I'm actually coming close to blaming HAARP after all, since it almost looks like someone's got it in for the place. They're going to have to try harder if they want to explode the full fury of the plant into the sea.
edit on 19-9-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Ha! I know that's right.

I called my mom today as she keeps up with the news on Fukushima and she said the government was talking about needing to do something and maybe this is what that some THING is.... cause another major Earthquake.

Once that entire plant goes into the sea... then what?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
Even if the epicenter wasn't at Fukushima, I can still see this causing problems. I was in Tokyo when the Fukushima incident occurred, and there was still a lot of shaking and buildings swaying. If simply moving rods is supposed to be dangerous, I wouldn't imagine shaking them around is the best thing.

I'm not expecting anything major, but I think it's worth keeping an eye on for sure.

There is also the spector of additional damage to already damages structures (can we say cheap/temporary water holding tanks that are leaking already). A 5.3 can do a lot of damage to an unstable site.

If it was a fore shock we'd have know by now in nearly all cases.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I have been watching both the TBS and the Tepco feeds of Fukushima and I see no movement. Its daylight and a workday you would expect to see something moving.

It may not of been earthshattering but it jolted the site pretty good.
www.youtube.com...

skip to about 1:10 - 1:22

There have been 7 aftershocks in the 3 range with this event so far
edit on 19-9-2013 by Gigman because: More information

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

They never seem to get a break. Looking at the quakes online, for weeks after the big one, I saw quake after quake after quake. I honestly half expected to hear the whole island went under. But, how does one relocate an entire country?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Earthquakes of that size are a weekly/monthly event in Japan. Aftershocks will continue for decades around Tōhoku. Oh, and www.jma.go.jp...
edit on 20-9-2013 by Alekto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

LadyGreenEyes

Looking at the quakes online, for weeks after the big one, I saw quake after quake after quake.

Yes, the rest of the world refers to them as 'aftershocks'.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have a friend in japan that saids this:

"If you don't live in japan you have no idea what you're talking about and should just shut the hell up"
edit on 21-9-2013 by Dancemaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
you can use Vlc player to open this url and view and record the cam stream....

http:// mfile.akamai.com/127380/live/reflector:51361.asx?bkup=52045&prop=a

copy the url the open VLC then push Ctrl V then wait and it will open after it connects... It can take upto 3 mins
edit on 21-9-2013 by Dancemaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join