It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email server recomeneds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
A friend of mine wants to set up an email server for his home use. Anyone got any ones they recommend or tips please?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Its quite easy if you have a fixed ip address and linux as it comes with all the tools pretty much by default or takes seconds to install them and if you want to use a domain name ([email protected]) etc then you need to look at setting the domains MX records

you may need to do some firewall jiggery pokery with the router as well but generally it shouldn't take very long

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Maxatoria
Its quite easy if you have a fixed ip address and linux as it comes with all the tools pretty much by default or takes seconds to install them and if you want to use a domain name ([email protected]) etc then you need to look at setting the domains MX records

you may need to do some firewall jiggery pokery with the router as well but generally it shouldn't take very long

I agree with max, though I giggle some at your description about the firewall config heh..

There are many alternatives to linux as well googles is your friend here..

But if you just want a one man / domain free email srv look towards linux ..

Priv msg me if you get stuck.

Muzz

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just get office365 with small business office pack
Office on 5 machines per lisence
It's great

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Thankyou everybody for your replies and advice. I think he will go with a Linux based system.

top topics

join