It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW 3 as a Cause of Insomnia / Lack of Concentration / The Phenemonon of Worry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Within the sphere, of the life that we know of, there seemingly may be going on-a phenomenon of worry, that is because of what we may face? Anybody notice that people's lives at the moment are not as it
should be? Distractions, things getting cancelled, or perhaps, not doing things like before? A constant
agitation that seemingly comes in waves--or similar too--I think that perhaps, we may be in some
way, at some level, preparing ourselves for the inevitable, a world, maybe that is somehow "agitated"
or worried that we may or may not survive--many seem to be not concentrating on their tasks, or somehow
feel that in the long run--it is all going to be worth it, at the end of the day==perhaps, we should be focusing on the bigger picture--instead of all the smaller thing-s--somehow though I feel that people are
trying to focus, but feel that something is around the corner, or something is blocking people from doing
what they should be doing? Maybe a case of that old black magic in the world ?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dancer77

Cheer up Dancer77.

After all it might never happen!

edit on 17-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

With regard to the "right around the corner feeling" I wonder which it is: those who feel an expectation of something unseen/unknown are paying attention more in order to settle that feeling, or is it caused by people paying attention to world events - therefore it's eliciting this feeling?

I must say in the last couple of weeks I have met some people who are pretty clueless to what is going on in the world (not a bad thing - just an observation). In turn they don't seem to have this feeling. So that confirms that it is attending that is creating this. But for me - I was feeling it and this is why I began to read forums such as this one; actually started to check the news more often, etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've noted a lot of my Gen X friends have been having difficulties sleeping and I wonder if it's partly due to fear of war of a certain kind. Me? I'm going to sleep without much issue because I have a little faith that it won't get to that. I think the reason why most of my Gen X friends are the ones losing sleep is because we were all so heavily bombarded with terror tactic type images of what WWIII would be like complete with movies like The Day After. The whole being at loggerheads with Russia on an issue of war is probably stirring up dust bunnies.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It was a common topic of conversation down the pub back in the early 1980s. Can't say I'm aware anyone giving much thought to it since the Cold War ended though ......

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you're a genXer, then you're becoming OLD!! Seriously, gen x was roughly 1965-1981, which would make you nearly 31-49 or so.

Many changes are happening. Hormones are in decline, your body is less capable in dealing with various stressors, YET we're continuing to bioaccumulate toxins within our bodies.

I'd tend to think GenXers are worried about their children's futures, if they've got them, else are worried about their own ability to remain in the workforce as the years roll on.

Most of the species is in a state of insecurity for a variety of reasons. That'll sure as hell cause some insomnia.

I think insomnia is more of a first/second world problem. People who are too busy trying to do things to survive the week are less able to spend their energies in a state of anxiety. They can't afford to stay up all night. They likely are exerting more physical energy than the average first world citizen, as well.

Exercise, sweat regularly, and relax. Besides:

-webedoomed

So what's the reason to worry

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

After finding or being found by The Lord Jesus Christ I could care less about what is to come upon the earth . I do care about those that will be lost for all eternity but as for myself ,nope haven't noticed and fear as of late ....peace

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

webedoomed
If you're a genXer, then you're becoming OLD!! Seriously, gen x was roughly 1965-1981, which would make you nearly 31-49 or so.

Many changes are happening. Hormones are in decline, your body is less capable in dealing with various stressors, YET we're continuing to bioaccumulate toxins within our bodies.

I'd tend to think GenXers are worried about their children's futures, if they've got them, else are worried about their own ability to remain in the workforce as the years roll on.

Most of the species is in a state of insecurity for a variety of reasons. That'll sure as hell cause some insomnia.

I think insomnia is more of a first/second world problem. People who are too busy trying to do things to survive the week are less able to spend their energies in a state of anxiety. They can't afford to stay up all night. They likely are exerting more physical energy than the average first world citizen, as well.

Exercise, sweat regularly, and relax. Besides:

-webedoomed

So what's the reason to worry

That doesn't even make sense. How then does one explain people who are 17-25 who have this "feeling?" It isn't all about hormones and being old (and the ages you referred to are not old). It isn't also because people have time on their hands to dwell on anxieties. In fact some of the busiest people I know have described having trouble sleeping and a feeling that something more is about to happen. That doesn't mean they have anxiety - just insight on a feeling. It's a theory but I can rule out about 10 people who don't fit either criteria.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Dianec

That doesn't even make sense.

To you. You can't make sense of it. Okay.

How then does one explain people who are 17-25 who have this "feeling?"

Well, there's 7.1 billion people out there. You're going to be able to find people who feel just about everything. Most people who are 17-25 are not flipped out about a potential WW3, and they don't have insomnia. I choose to reply to a specific post that mentioned GenX, and focus on that. There seems to be many more people who are older than 25, who are concerned with this. Most people don't even become morally willing to look into political/global matters until they're after 25 years of age. The brain isn't even fully matured before roughly 22-25.

It isn't all about hormones and being old (and the ages you referred to are not old).

I'm 30. When I was 15 I thought 30 was old. Now I know it's entirely subjective. I was referring to old, and then talking about some objective markers which would back this. Hormones do begin to dwindle after teenage years. Growth hormone stope to nearly nothing at age 25 as compared to age 15. Also, I didn't say it was "all about hormones".

It isn't also because people have time on their hands to dwell on anxieties. In fact some of the busiest people I know have described having trouble sleeping and a feeling that something more is about to happen. That doesn't mean they have anxiety - just insight on a feeling. It's a theory but I can rule out about 10 people who don't fit either criteria.

Look, you need to know what anxiety is, first. It's fearful anticipation of the future. People who are too busy trying to survive, are living in the moment, with immediate goals on their mind. That's completely different from people who are busy in the first world. The first will be incapable of remaining anxious. The latter has so much going on, and so much to lose, that they will remain in fearful anticipation of loss with an uncertain future.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The energy behind this "unknown waiting" has been progressing and transforming for me personally ever since I was a child. Too young to comprehend or care, I buried this mysterious feeling deep within my subconscious. The past 5 years it flowered back into my conscious, nurtured with a different frequency of energy, anxiety and restlessness. Instead of resisting it, I tried to be in tune with it and saw the words hope, love and inevitable. Now, I embrace what may come my(our) way.
edit on 17-9-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

People who have a lot on their mind (striving toward immediate goals), can have just as much anxiety as someone who doesn't have much going on and vise versa. There are many types of anxiety (social anxiety, obsessive compulsive anxiety, phobias). I can now see where you were going however. But anxiety is something we all have from time to time. Before a test people can get anxious, if confronted with a traffic jam and in a hurry. It's a part of the fight or flight response, and some deal with it better than others. In any case, appreciate your response as it made more sense to me after having you explain some things.

People who engage too much in the news can succumb to increased anxieties. I've even caught myself going there with ATS. It's all instant and global so there is always something going on. I was having the feeling before I ever engaged in reading ATS or other sites though (a few years ago), so who knows. I do realize it can increase it however - staying informed - so try to be mindful of that.

There was no doubt that anxieties were increasing during the Syria thing in people I was around. It waxes and wanes. If someone is having it constantly than it may be a clinical issue for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

fear not for this is of things to come , WW3 is here it is not the nuke war of the end of life war as you where told it is, It is a war of beliefs and ideas not of nukes or mass destruction but a war of distraction if you live in Egypt, Syria then your in the WW3 front lines, so too if you are in Israel Palestine Iraq Afghanistan Pakistan Libya then you know it is WW3 are nukes raining down on them no!!! what is the main cause of them wars and conflicts? Ideas and beliefs. so if your having troble sleeping becaus of them , you need to do something , get involved UN or other aid groups for this is telling you your and the side lines and not doing a thing about it

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I've been browsing ATS for seven years. Yes, it can cause paranoia and anxiety. Yes, we're more informed than any other generation.

I'd also say that in general, things will fall apart over time. We're not on an even remotely sustainable course whatsoever. Somewhere down the line WW3 is a possibility, but I don't see a point in worrying over it.

Five years ago, I had a different focus of control. I was entirely opposed to apathy, and considered anyone who didn't do much to be apathetic. My perspective is now very layered. I see that many different types of people are willing to look the other way to stay in the now. All it takes is a perceptive shift.

I used to focus on the external world, and believed I, no WE could control our destiny. I no longer am so naive. History shows that once cultural and social complexities can no longer be maintained with a continuous flow of cheap and abundant energy and resources, they collapse. So I'm no longer trying to control or influence my surroundings.

I view the culture as insane, the biproduct of assumptions that aren't evidenced, spanning a variety of spheres of influence which shape us all.

So yea, if you want to stop being so anxious, maybe practice acceptance and gratitude. I'm not saying to be like a monk, hell I'm damned devilish from time to time. All I'm saying is that there's nothing that won't decay, and fall apart out there. Sometimes the rate of decay meets our expectations, other times it falls short and that hurts us. It's up to us to set the baseline of what we find acceptable.

I find it interesting that collapse is realized, ultimately, in a lowering of standards, yet people are in collapse-denial, super-anxious, and unwilling to accept what must be. That means we've still got a lot of time to go through this process.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
People have been thinking the end was coming since the dawn of time. Everybody thinks its going to happen in their life time. Turns out they were all waisting their time. We live the most peaceful time in human histtory. If you are worried now imagine what it was like to live during the less peaceful periods.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Good post. A lot to think about, especially with the last paragraph. Feel it yet don't accept it, as if the tension is from cognitive dissonance - a ways to go to see these tensions fully mature into an acceptance.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
btw anyone get a sense of deja vu?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join