It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonest Creationist Tactics= Bad Religion

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnoftheSonofNothing

I had many discussions with my uncle during his long fight with cancer. I can assure you, the man never once faltered.

Your assurances mean nothing to the legitimacy of my statement. I'm just trying to show that the dishonesty is prevalent on both sides.

It'd be like me assuring you that the completely legitimate seeming faith of my entire family is for real........just because it feels 100% real to ME. Neither of us know the 100% truth about others; even our closest family members.

edit on 19-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

sdb93awd

Your assurances mean nothing to the legitimacy of my statement. I'm just trying to show that the dishonesty is prevalent on both sides.

It'd be like me assuring you that the completely legitimate seeming faith of my entire family is for real........just because it feels 100% real to ME. Neither of us know the 100% truth about others.

Ha and you are a cretinous individual who is has to look up to pond-scum, but thanks for the laugh.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Ha and you are a cretinous individual who is has to look up to pond-scum, but thanks for the laugh.

I know I hurt your feelings and for that I'm sorry. But the facts remain facts.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sdb93awd

You clearly don't know anything about me, but you assumed something in order to spring a "Gotcha!".

Problem was, you assumed to much. Poor you.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You clearly don't know anything about me, but you assumed something in order to spring a "Gotcha!".

I don't need to know you in order to know that what I said was 100% correct.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What you said was in no way 100% correct. It wasn't 50% correct. It wasn't 10% correct.

It wasn't correct. At all. In any universe.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Guys, quit the bickering..
Have you heard the good news?
Do you want to live forever?
Well let me tell you about Shapeshifter Jesus..

a thread about it here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

another shapeshifter to look up would be starchild

the starchild site

www.starchildproject.com

starchild popular topic here

edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: chid to child

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What you said was in no way 100% correct. It wasn't 50% correct. It wasn't 10% correct.

Ok.........then stick up for yourself using non-emotional statements and prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by peter vlar

Well, you can say that, but take someone in Africa or Middle East, Europe, East Asia.

What did or do they say in their tongue or Lexicon??

When the World seen it, they all spoke in their tongue

This all goes back to the Tower of Babel!

You all can say it didn't exist and all that, its ok.

You don't have to convince me it didn't exist. Cuz, I know it existed!

Outstanding, lets ignore the real point and harp on nonsense that can neither be proven nor disproven but sure looks purdy when we type it! You made an unequivocable claim that everyone prays when they're in a crashing plane or some other traumatic event in which death seems imminent. I countered with a thesis drawn from real life experience and asked if you shared something comparable. Instead you replied with 3rd part testimonials about videos you've purported to have seen. I ask again, have you ever been in a plane that was dropping 1000 feet per second? Ever beheld the beauty of incoming tracer fire, flares and mortars? I have. And can assure you from personal experience and eye witness verification that neither myself nor my fellow agnostics/atheists ever dabbled in anything resembling a prayer. Your assertion is complete crap. Now get 2 slices of bread and eat your sandwich.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

sdb93awd

Ok.........then stick up for yourself using non-emotional statements and prove me wrong.

If what you had said was "Your story is just a personal anecdote, therefore not proof of anything" I would have agreed with you that that would make it equivalent to a personal anecdote of someone of faith.

But saying

You are being intellectually dishonest.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what you just said. A lot of people would be stubborn outwardly and not admit what they were really thinking. It's part of human pride.

You implied that My Uncle somehow seriously held secret religious beliefs which he did not admit to anyone.

Now think about that for a moment. It's one thing to challenge my honesty by making a comparison on what a personal anecdote is worth - in which case I'd agree it is of little value (if you are trying to claim it as empirical evidence, which is something that I was not doing), but you also challenge the honesty of my dead relative.

The morality of this aside, the idea that my uncle was secretly holding beliefs which he wasn't disclosing to his family is nothing more than an assertion. One which you cannot prove, and one which anyone who knew the man would instantly disagree with.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well said. If you had called into question the statements beliefs or feelings of some extremely religious individual or their ailing family member the hit squad would've been in full effect.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well this thread is about dishonesty and outright lies form the religious.

I don't think they can help but lie for jesus. Its nice for these people to prove the point of the thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The morality of this aside, the idea that my uncle was secretly holding beliefs which he wasn't disclosing to his family is nothing more than an assertion. One which you cannot prove, and one which anyone who knew the man would instantly disagree with.

And you claiming that he didn't secretly believe in a God during his dying days is also an assertion. That's my whole point...........therefore everything I said was 100% correct.

I can't go around and talk about the seemingly incredible faith that I see in my family and pretend that it's an intellectually honest argument, because it's not. I don't know their hearts just like you don't know your Uncles heart.

People who believe in God get ridiculed for analogous statements to that all the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Your a secret atheist. I know you don't believe in god but wont admit it.

See how it sounds when other people tell blatant lies?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Wertdagf

Well this thread is about dishonesty and outright lies form the religious.

I don't think they can help but lie for jesus. Its nice for these people to prove the point of the thread.

You know it's funny. The church preaches not to lie, but these people do it to defend their beliefs over and over again. I guess the church really teaches not to lie except when the ends justify the means. Then it is acceptable.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Your a secret atheist. I know you don't believe in god but wont admit it.

See how it sounds when other people tell blatant lies?

Where did I lie?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

sdb93awd

And you claiming that he didn't secretly believe in a God during his dying days is also an assertion. That's my whole point...........therefore everything I said was 100% correct.

Any personal information I share will of course be assertive, unless it can be independently verified in some way. It might make a difference if I was using it as the basis of some great proof, but I was not, I was just relaying a personal experience.

That does not make your cretinous post any more correct or honest. He may have held secret Satanic beliefs too. Maybe he was secretly Mormon? Perhaps he was a closet Scientologist? Maybe he secretly thought that creationists had half a brain..

But no, you can't prove any of those things, and none of them are likely. At all. So why make such a stupid assertion?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

you don't know your Uncles heart.

You told him his uncle was a lying about his beliefs.

Which is a lie. Disgusting as usual.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Peter!

What I said had a strong basis.

Look at this university of Oxford study and the experiment with Children!
www.ox.ac.uk...

Their study concluded, you are predisposed to believe in God!

Why would I take a stand here without anything to stand on!

I might have been baiting you, did you think of that Peter?

You always believed, unless of defect or trauma. The experiment shows every child believes in God, doesn't matter where you are from. At a certain age, that child can lose faith!

Some Children were from atheist families in the experiment, what i find, extremely interesting. God has to be taught out of those children!

A mind Cleaning, or Brainwashing!!
edit on 19-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added for clarity: Their study concluded, you are predisposed to believe in God!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

If a creationist were to make personal assertions he would be ridiculed instantly. They don't hold any water.............

especially in light of this particular thread.

The whole point I'm conveying is that there is definitely intellectual dishonesty on both sides and it's utterly insane to believe otherwise.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join