It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A danger called Goce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Satellite Goce launched in 2009,will fall on Earth between late September and early November.

It gravity-mapping satellite tool.

A gravity-mapping European satellite nearing the end of its fuel supply will make an uncontrolled plunge back to Earth, likely in October, according to AFP.

The Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Circulation Explorer, called GOCE for short, was launched by the European Space Agency (ESA) in 2009. The sleek 17.2-foot (5.3-meter) spacecraft has been in a very low orbit at 160 miles (260 kilometers) above Earth, a the electric propulsion system keeping the vehicle aloft will stop working sometime between late September and early November, ESA's mission manager told AFP.
www.space.com...

His orbit is very low at 160 miles and he will be out of fuel and will make an uncontrolled plunge back to Earth.

It has an Ionic engine and his fuel is xenon.

It has a very interesting octogonal shape and two wings which can make him fly like a plane.

And the energy panels can protect him from burning when hitting the upper atmosphere even if at unproper angle.

Even if in his tank will remain almost nothing,when hitting earth the xenon tank can be a very dangerous explosive in contact with water vapors,air and it's compounds.

Xenon oxytetrafluoride (XeOF4) is an inorganic chemical compound. As are all xenon compounds, it is extremely reactive and unstable, and hydrolyses in water to give dangerously hazardous and corrosive products:

XeOF4 + 2H2O → Xe + 4HF + 3/2 O2

In addition, some ozone and fluorine are also formed. The reaction is extremely dangerous, and xenon oxytetrafluoride should therefore be kept away from any trace of water or water vapour under all conditions.
XeOF4 reacts with H2O in the following steps:

XeOF4 + H2O → XeO2F2 + 2HF

XeO2F2 + H2O → XeO3 + 2HF

XeO3 is a dangerous explosive, decomposing explosively to Xe and 3/2 O2.
en.wikipedia.org...

They say that 550 pounds will survive from the entire satellite but it can come in one piece,just like a small space ship size 17.2-foot and 2200 pounds.

And they don't know where it will land.

Oh and also this tool was used to measure Earth's gravity field and anomalies ,like deep underground facilities(and to map them) used for military purposes by some countries.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How is this a prediction when they know it will happen? put it in the right forum maybe...
Oh well at least this is your first prediction that will actually happen lol.
edit on 13-9-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hmm,like the second strongest solar flare of Cycle 24 in terms of X-Ray Flux in Human history?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

piequal3because14
Satellite Goce launched in 2009,will fall on Earth between late September and early November.

It gravity-mapping satellite tool.

A gravity-mapping European satellite nearing the end of its fuel supply will make an uncontrolled plunge back to Earth, likely in October, according to AFP.

The Gravity Field and Steady-State Ocean Circulation Explorer, called GOCE for short, was launched by the European Space Agency (ESA) in 2009. The sleek 17.2-foot (5.3-meter) spacecraft has been in a very low orbit at 160 miles (260 kilometers) above Earth, a the electric propulsion system keeping the vehicle aloft will stop working sometime between late September and early November, ESA's mission manager told AFP.
www.space.com...

His orbit is very low at 160 miles and he will be out of fuel and will make an uncontrolled plunge back to Earth.

It has an Ionic engine and his fuel is xenon.

It has a very interesting octogonal shape and two wings which can make him fly like a plane.

And the energy panels can protect him from burning when hitting the upper atmosphere even if at unproper angle.

Even if in his tank will remain almost nothing,when hitting earth the xenon tank can be a very dangerous explosive in contact with water vapors,air and it's compounds.

Xenon oxytetrafluoride (XeOF4) is an inorganic chemical compound. As are all xenon compounds, it is extremely reactive and unstable, and hydrolyses in water to give dangerously hazardous and corrosive products:

XeOF4 + 2H2O → Xe + 4HF + 3/2 O2

In addition, some ozone and fluorine are also formed. The reaction is extremely dangerous, and xenon oxytetrafluoride should therefore be kept away from any trace of water or water vapour under all conditions.
XeOF4 reacts with H2O in the following steps:

XeOF4 + H2O → XeO2F2 + 2HF

XeO2F2 + H2O → XeO3 + 2HF

XeO3 is a dangerous explosive, decomposing explosively to Xe and 3/2 O2.
en.wikipedia.org...

They say that 550 pounds will survive from the entire satellite but it can come in one piece,just like a small space ship size 17.2-foot and 2200 pounds.

And they don't know where it will land.

Oh and also this tool was used to measure Earth's gravity field and anomalies ,like deep underground facilities(and to map them) used for military purposes by some countries.

Superb, so a satellite used amongst others for military purposes, still has fuel to make a controlled entry...yet they are waiting for it to run out of fuel with an unknown landing? Either the people running this are completely irresponsible, or it will land exactly where they want it to.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Sorry, you lost me when you started referring to a satellite as "him".

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Sorry, you lost me when you started referring to a satellite as "him".

Yes.
Out of control and dangerous to mankind....
I supposed it was female.

On topic, doesn't sound that dangerous to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I recall another satellite that had an anticipated re-entry time like this one. No one knew exactly when or where it would finally re-enter.
I got to see it one night quite by accident as it skipped through the upper atmoshphere. a series of long streaks or dashes across the night sky moving pretty damn fast for a long distance from west to east.
I heard on the news it finally came down about 2 days later somewere in the vast Pacific Ocean.

hopefully we'll hear more about this one as it gets closer to "slashdown" I'd love to see a repeat

Thank you for sharing this info OP!

edit on 13-9-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

Superb, so a satellite used amongst others for military purposes, still has fuel to make a controlled entry...yet they are waiting for it to run out of fuel with an unknown landing? Either the people running this are completely irresponsible, or it will land exactly where they want it to.
It might be out of control,or the initial design concept does not allow an controlled entry.

But probably when they built were not thought about what happens when the mission ends.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Thank you for sharing this info OP!
Glad that I could share it and be helpful with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I hope his penis survives re-entry.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Europeans always emasculate their satellites ,not to suffer when they re entering atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
And suddenly... suddenly...

They feel no need to blow anything up.

Of all the crap the we have to blow other crap up, this hasn't dawned on anyone as the perfect time and very reasonable excuse to blow something up.

I realize I might sound surprised.

Four years aye? Is that the extent they could keep it up?

What a wonderful thought with all the satellites they have up there, one of these coming down oh just anywhere on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Xenon is about as inert as you can get. The only time you get xenon compounds is when you beat them together with a hammer in a lab, and they all pretty much involve fluorine. But straight xenon in a tank is about like helium or neon - you only see compounds under weird-ass circumstances.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

NotAnAspie
Four years aye? Is that the extent they could keep it up?

What a wonderful thought with all the satellites they have up there, one of these coming down oh just anywhere on a regular basis.

Gravity mapping satellites can only do their job at low altitudes, the lower the better. So when you run out of reactant, it's curtains pretty fast. Four years isn't a bad lifetime for that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here the info for it re-entry in the next 3 week

www.satflare.com...

new topics

top topics

join