It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness to a Syrian Execution: “I Saw a Scene of Utter Cruelty”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
WARNING: The Video and Pictures contained within the linked article are graphic and disurbing. The Article itself does not display what will offend some people. You'd need to click play on the video and cycle through the images...but they are as raw as anything we share here. Time Magazine didn't sanitize this as media often does. Not entirely, anyway.

Well folks, this is what our nation, through the State and Defense Departments are supporting. In a very real way, it could be said THIS is being done in OUR NAME. It wouldn't be inaccurate to state, just over simplified.

TIME obtained the images exclusively from a photographer who was recently in Syria. This decapitation was the last of four executions he documented that day. TIME has agreed not to publish the photographer’s name, to protect him from repercussions when he returns to Syria. What follows is an edited account of his experience:

The photographer in the story has a lengthy and personal account which is touching and moving. I can almost feel the conflict he must have had, witnessing this as he could do absolutely nothing to stop it.

The man was brought in to the square. His eyes were blindfolded. I began shooting pictures, one after the other. It was to be the fourth execution that day I would photograph. I was feeling awful; several times I had been on the verge of throwing up. But I kept it under control because as a journalist I knew I had to document this, as I had the three previous beheadings I had photographed that day, in three other locations outside Aleppo.

The crowd began cheering. Everyone was happy. I knew that if I tried to intervene I would be taken away, and that the executions would go ahead. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to change what was happening and I might put myself in danger.
Source

This is one I think everyone ought to take a moment to look over. Not everyone should examine the images. If you're sensitive, this isn't the one to test that with. However, if you are somewhat Jaded and hard to this by now, it's an informative look at how the Rebels are operating for street justice, in their own ways.

I really fear for the decent people of Syria. I don't think they could have imagined what they were opening the door to back when this started as protests....but now they do, and there isn't much they can do to turn back the clock or change the present reality within occupied areas.

Let's all at least hope, whichever side we each personally feel is better to see come out on top of this terrible thing, the innocent people stop being killed in the cross fire or ...quite deliberately as is starting to happen in these street execution scenes.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Religion is the driving force behind the murderous insanity plaguing Syria.

They truly believe they are doing gods work, if there is a god, he wouldn't want any part in whats taking place in Syria.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The link you posted is a blank screen.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Odd? It loads for me... It's Time Magazine and the title of the thread is the title of the piece. It isn't like yesterday. I really did double check my link this time.. lol

The center light box with images is a little funny for how it loads on my machine and it's slow..so maybe that's it?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Ok, it worked this time. I have to admit, I expected grimmer images so I was kind of relieved. Never the less, these people are barbarians.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
These are the barbarians that jack off McCain went and visited in Syria.

Wahabbi extremists are destroying that country...

top topics

join