It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasting 1.4 Million per Missile to Kill Instead of Help People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I normally am not one to rant, but I find it to be complete insanity that our Government will be spending 1.4 million (or there about) per missile to kill and destroy when we could be spending that money on ambulances, fire trucks, food and schools for our own people.

I will NEVER be convinced by Obama and his cronies that going to war in this completely ambiguous, no win situation in Syria is the right thing. Especially when we have so many people suffering and going through hard times in our own country.

If you and I go around and engage in vigilante justice and kill someone it would be considered murder. When our elected leaders do it then it is a "moral imperative".

I find myself sickened by the stupidity and utter insanity of my Government.

Thank you for reading my first rant!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Sadly I think the money saved avoiding a war will not be used to help citizens of the US. more like..."Now we can afford to build that sub!" I like your sentiment a lot aside from that niggle.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It really is staggering to consider, isn't it?

It truly sickens me, too.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"See, everyone got boners over the technology, and it was pretty incredible. Watching missiles fly down air vents, pretty unbelievable. But couldn’t we feasibly use that same technology to shoot food at hungry people? Know what I mean? Fly over Ethiopia, ‘There’s a guy that needs a banana!’ SHOOP. The Stealth Banana. Smart fruit!" - Bill Hicks

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
why not just send lottery tickets. million bucks in scratch tickets

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

How about we teach our children, WAR is not to be glorified, honored, made heroic, etc, etc.

Instead we teach ours and all children, war is a human sickness, its a primal state of tribalism, that we as a species have to consciously change for our own survival.

Then maybe we may have a chance of surviving on this planet for the long run.

The world is back to front, and lost in a dangerous world of lethal technology, its like letting a 2 year play with a loaded gun.(Its just a matter of time before he/she kills himself)

new topics

top topics

join