It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB's Greatest Weapon: Artificial/Forced Scarcity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So I was thinking about the march of progress the other day. Specifically, I was looking at what a profoundly disappointing plateau we seem to have hit over the last several decades in terms of technological advancements. Now, it is easy to call that view ridiculous. Many of us now carry computers in our pockets more powerful than almost anything that built prior to 1980. We have the internet. We will see something resembling commercial space flight in the next several years. We are, by every measure, the most advance we have ever been.

However! Let us consider some of the things that have stagnated:

1. Power Generation. This is, of course, the big one. We have not developed a single significant advancement in the generation of electric power since the invention of the nuclear reactor. Okay, the first solar cell in the mid-1950's is a bit more recent. Still, that around 65 years in which time we have not officially made any meaningful forward process in the generation of electricity. Heck most power generation is still some variation on the turbine developed by Faraday in the 1820s!

2. Transportation: Cars, busses, trucks, planes, jets, and rockets. The fundamentals of the internal combustion engine, the jet engine and even the electric motor have scarcely changed since their respective inventions. I will give a cursory nod here to the recent rise of electric and hybrid vehicles, though let us not forget that electric cars were the standard for several years in late 19th century (that's the 1800's, folks), before Henry Ford colluded with some oil tycoons to make internal combustion the standard.

3. Farming. This is a bit of a tricky one as there have clearly been some vast developments in farming in the past 100 years. From industrialization (bigger combines, larger irrigation systems, computer monitoring) to our beloved (/sarcasm) GMO's, it would seem that we are constantly updating the way we grow food. Never mind that the fundamentals of hydroponics that have been available to us since about the 1940's could, by now, allow nearly every home on the planet to generate a fair portion of their base sustenance food.

4. Economics. This is a bit more of an abstract and philosophical observation, but our concepts of money and employment have become entirely unhinged from the concept of production. This is not because of inappropriate changes in the way we treat money and employment, but rather a dangerous stagnation in the way we do so. There are far to many people doing what I call "Imaginary Work" because we have not yet been able to move beyond the increasingly antiquated notion of the 40+ hour work week.

When we look at these first three items in particular we see areas where advancement that kept pace with developments in the fields of computers and entertainment or that was even remotely proportionate to what those same fields had seen from 1900 to 1960; we see several areas of human endeavor that would set humankind free.

How many threads do we see on here each year about "Free Energy"? We know that the generation of the power to run our increasingly plugged in lives is one of the biggest costs out there. It is the reason for countless forms of environmental blight. It is the reason for so many of our wars. This, of course, ties in to the second area. We don't use much oil to generate electricity, but we use billions of gallons of it a day worldwide to drive and fly, not to mention to ship all of our consumer goods in this increasingly globalized word.

Food. The fundamental element of life. The most basic and precious of physical commodities. Food is what it's all about in the end. We work to put food on the table. A poor country is one where the people go hungry. We remember the depression for soup kitchens and bread lines.

It would seem to me that the scarcity of these items is a controlled reality of life. Just looking at the developmental flatline we hit in mid-20th century while advancements in petty creature comforts and mind-numbing distractions and tools to control us kicked in to high gear. Do you believe it?

I sure as heck don't. It seems to me that the technology to provide true abundance and its cohort, freedom is being intentionally held back from the masses. All to try and keep us locked into the 4th antiquated model. The maintaining of the status quo is important to them because right now, a select few are essentially living in a Utopia. Once the yoke of forced/artificial scarcity is shed, it will be only a few generation before everyone will live in something close to Utopia. There will still need to be work. People will still need to produce the life they wish to live, but the limits on what that life can be will be constrained only by the work you put in to it.

The question remains: How to unleash the quashed technology?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Get it from Foreign Countries After they Steal it from Our Corporate Masters here in the U.S...........

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
I sure as heck don't. It seems to me that the technology to provide true abundance and its cohort, freedom is being intentionally held back from the masses. All to try and keep us locked into the 4th antiquated model. The maintaining of the status quo is important to them because right now, a select few are essentially living in a Utopia. Once the yoke of forced/artificial scarcity is shed, it will be only a few generation before everyone will live in something close to Utopia. There will still need to be work. People will still need to produce the life they wish to live, but the limits on what that life can be will be constrained only by the work you put in to it.
Right on the nail.

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt
The question remains: How to unleash the quashed technology?
From what I've seen this is the area the hacking community are concentrating on. They've realized that OPEN source technology could free the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reallly important thread and topic. Yes, this is how they run the hellzone and they do it by heavily lacing the koolaid because who would ever allow this to be given to their children, its horrible massive child abuse to buy into this system.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hey Rogertantonweishaupt:

Nice thread, on the whole. Starred you for it. But feel it's worth commenting on this:''

Many of us now carry computers in our pockets more powerful than almost anything that built prior to 1980. We have the internet

This was given us to observe, monitor and manipulate us. And because it has bells and whistles we love, applies to status and class, and one can no longer :"do business" in the modern world, without it, it is a cage we acquiesced to, or appearing so.....that way, it's the slaves' own fault.

This is how it goes these days, perhaps for much longer. JMHO.

What I find interesting along the lines of your post, is not all those technologies that seem to have come to a halt....but where are the new Mozarts and Beethovens, the new Matisses, and other artists.....Does it strike no one else that there is no more new, developing "classic" literature, art, etc?

"Classic" is still a standard set long, long ago, and nothing modern has yet taken its place in these endeavors. That, alone, should be cause for concern, stopping and wondering, in my opinion.

Having said all that as evidence of what I am about to assert: their greatest weapon is our own minds and manipulated judgement, getting us to judge one another and then BE JUDGED, accordingly and the same......

edit on 8-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Great thread, starred. I think too much focus has gone into IT. Our data about the world is organized but the world is a mess. And data fetishism is driving a spying machine that's creating a stressful environment for invention. I think the next revolution is in computer simulated physical systems. Basically letting people create real physical things through programming. 3d printing is an early start but much more is to come I believe. Once the IT focus of smart minds is pointed back to the physical world, good things shall come.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

This is true and why initially monopolies were discouraged because ONLY the competition between rivals can prevent this from coming back and biting you. However what we have had happen is many seeming "rivals" have banded together to manipulate prices, manufacture scarcities and control every aspect of our purchasing power. You think this brand and that brand are competing when they are either in cahoots like OPEC or they are owned by the same family. They own both the widget and the widget repellant. No matter what we do, they win, we lose because it is designed that way. At least that's the way it appears to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are quite right to put power generation at #1. Easy energy = increased populations, and that's something TPTB need to keep a tight lid on.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I personally believe that one of their biggest weapons is to create fear and propaganda of a disaster or event in people, possibly targetting areas, and the fear enables these dark magicians to make use of the energy to create a negative event.

new topics

top topics

join