It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone and Droid now on Metro! WOOHOO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
For those in the states who use Metro you can now use your iPhone on there for more than HALF of what the other contract companies charge!! You do have to unlock it but you can get a code from metro or here it is NOW50. It gives you 50% off the unlocking fee so then it's only $10 bucks. Not bad either.

It is no secret to those who know me on here that I'm one of those Apple fans.
I have used an iPhone since they came out until I switched to MetroPCS last year. They are cheaper and their coverage is 10x's better than anything I got from Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. I also have NO contract. I think a cell phone contract is ridiculous. You only have to have a contract because they charge you so damn much for the phone. You think you are getting it at a deal for $99 but you are actually paying the full price for that phone in your monthly bill, they just don't tell you that. Why do you think their rates are so high?! The whole you "need to pay for the data plan" is a load of crap too. They all tried to tell me I needed the data plan to make my iPhone work which of course wasn't true. You only need data if you wanted internet access otherwise you could access wifi wherever there is free wifi.

So I go to pay my Metro bill and see that they now allow you to use your iPhones. You have to check with their site to see if yours is compatible. You can also use your Droid phone now too there. I know some carriers of the iPhone are not available for use on Metro. I know AT&T is because that is who I had mine through. I even lowered my bill to $40 a a month! I have unlimited text and talk and 500mb data. I had the unlimited data plan but I access wifi all the time so I don't see the point of having the unlimited data and it saved me $15 a month! A cell phone should NOT cost $100 a month. You can get cable, internet and home phone for that much here thru the cable company!

I'm sure there will be the "iPhone sucks" crowd in here but as I always say IT IS PREFERENCE! I prefer the iPhone but I also like my Droid phone. One I can drop my Droid and it won't shatter which I did within mins of buying it lol My husband freaked and I just said "be happy it wasn't an iPhone."
I do think both have their benefits and I do like the Droid over the iPhone for functionality but I do love my iPhones lol and if i can use it I will. I do find the Droid to have more options but they did just get rid of Navigation on my phone for some reason but it's no big deal. Navigation isn't a make or break deal for me with phones.

So if you have Metro and wanted to use an iPhone or Droid now you can. Just contact your local Metro or go to their website and get details. I did an online chat with a customer service rep and he was awesome. Way better than any service i got via AT&T.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I know all I can tell you is T-Mobile bought out Metro pcs and T-Mobile is now supporting the iPhone since att&t ended their exclusive. So I hope everyone finds what they're looking for.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I know all I can tell you is T-Mobile bought out Metro pcs and T-Mobile is now supporting the iPhone since att&t ended their exclusive. So I hope everyone finds what they're looking for.

I know. I don't like T Mobile personally. I do know that they are still separate and they won't really be one for years. I asked Metro and T Mobile and they said yes T Mobile bought metro but they are being kept separate.

My husband has T Mobile. He is overseas most of the year and they were the only one that had decent pre paid to where he wouldn't lose his number each time he went back overseas. He only puts 10 bucks on it when he leaves and that keeps his phone active for 90 days and if he isn't home in those 90 days we just add another 10 and it keeps his line open. He had Sprint for 10yrs and would pay for a phone every month he couldn't use over there! He tried to upgrade to an iPhone and they said no but when cancelled his service they offered him an iPhone. I was like dont fall for that crap! After 10yrs he had to leave for them to give him a phone he wanted yet the fact he paid his bill EVERY month on a phone he didn't use should have said something to them. Most would have said screw it.

I hated AT&T. I think I can actually say I hate them. Probably the only time I can say the word hate because my dislike for that company is so strong. We have them for internet. Their service is the best but their customer service is HORRIBLE!

So far I've had Metro for a year now. I have had ZERO problems and my signal is always strong. I don't have a single phone issue. The phone I have looks like an iPhone and works just fine. I know i can use it but if i can use one of my 4 iPhones then I'd rather use one of them. lol Right now they sit and collect dust.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I had metro pcs when I lived in florida, great service coverage.
I'm suprised you had bad customer service Blah, I called em up the other day when I screwed up something on the service, and they GAVE ME A $70.00 CREDIT for my screwup!!

Sprint royally sucks, had my first iphone with them, and when it was stolen they wouldnt replace it unless i paid full retail for one, even tho I had insurance, their sales person told me it would be covered, but when it came down to it, they said nope it covers everything EXCEPT stolen phones.
Dropped them like a prom date the day after and went to AT&T
edit on 9/6/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I had metro pcs when I lived in florida, great service coverage.
I'm suprised you had bad customer service Blah, I called em up the other day when I screwed up something on the service, and they GAVE ME A $70.00 CREDIT for my screwup!!

I never said I had bad customer service with Metro. I was referring to ATT and the others.

Sprint royally sucks, had my first iphone with them, and when it was stolen they wouldnt replace it unless i paid full retail for one, even tho I had insurance, their sales person told me it would be covered, but when it came down to it, they said nope it covers everything EXCEPT stolen phones.

My husband had Sprint and they suckered him into the crappiest phone but he is someone who falls for sales pitches easily. I told him not to get it but of course he listened to them because they said it was the best phone and equal to a droid. It was a POS wanna be Blackberry that was always messing up. He had them for 10yrs!! That phone constantly dropped out and reset itself. It was $200 bucks and clearly not worth $1. Funny thing is not even 3mths after he got it they were selling it for $1 on their site for new customers!!! He paid for his phone even though he was overseas and couldn't use it. He tried to upgrade to an iPhone and they wouldn't let him because it wasn't time for him to upgrade yet in the 10yrs he had them he only had 3 different phones, THREE! I finally convinced him to get rid of them and guess what they THREW and iPhone at him to try and get him to stay, thank god he still left. I can't stand Sprint, ATT or any of those contract companies. They suck and 98% of the sales reps don't know jack about the actual phones or services they provide. I had ATT prepaid and I knew more about their prepaid service than they did! I remember being in an ATT getting a case and someone was asking about iPhones on pre-paid. They told the person it wasn't compatible which was a crock because I was using one on pre-paid! I turned to the customer and told them exactly what they needed to do. They then looked at the manager and said they should hire me lol. Funny thing is I interviewed THREE TIMES!! They hired some chick without experience and the manager did nothing but HIT on me during the interviews.

Dropped them like a prom date the day after and went to AT&T
edit on 9/6/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Oh I was happy to drop ATT. I could go on forever about how much I dislike them. They are the worst company for customer service and the best for screwing up accounts. lol They double billed me for almost a year on my home services and then charged me for a land line I NEVER had. Oh yea it's safe to say I HATE AT&T. We have them for internet now and it is only because their internet is better than the local cable/internet company. The bill is in my husbands name because I really can't call them they literally make my blood boil. When we moved to our new place they sent the tech to our old address and sent us a busted router. When the tech saw the router he laughed because he said they stopped using them 6mths ago and that reps sent them out to self installs so that they would still have to have a person come and then they could charge them. I was livid and thanks to the AWESOME tech who came he took our install fee off and the fee for the box they tried to charge us. He said they get all kinds of complaints about customer service. The techs are not the problem it's the customer service reps the contract out to. They are horrible and many are overseas and can't speak English!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Blah, I meant AT&T, I've had great customer service lol

new topics

top topics

join