It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, from the inside ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Nobody knew it was a civil war and nobody wanted to accept it. My friend reported seeing uniformed soldiers from France and Turkey come into Homs when this all started, he said they were trying to support the rebels so theyd have power in the conflict. Since my friend happens to be well trusted I know he was telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have no new information to add to this discussion, but a perspective.

The Syrian government has no reason I can think of to gas people and be caught. I'm sure they are doing well against the rebels and don't need to risk reprisal by outside forces.

The rebels, on the other hand, have much to gain by gassing people, blaming the government and having outside forces attack their enemy.

I vote "NO" to any action in Syria. But no one will care. Obama will do as he wishes and will do what is best for him. Not America, not Syria...him. He is the center of his own universe and he doesn't care if others die to prop himself up.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Nobody knew it was a civil war and nobody wanted to accept it. My friend reported seeing uniformed soldiers from France and Turkey come into Homs when this all started, he said they were trying to support the rebels so theyd have power in the conflict. Since my friend happens to be well trusted I know he was telling the truth.

Not much of a civil war if soldiers from other (especially western nations) countries come in and empower the "rebels" with their presence as well as their weapons. How do you think these "rebel" fractions are created in the first place? CIA. This whole thing from the get-go looks to be coming right out of the CIA handbook on how to internally take over a nation - a formula they've perfected over the last 50 years.

Surely you should be able to see this by now.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This video was posted in another thread by Benevolent Heretic, figure it'd make sense to post it here as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

The CIA only works like the devil, finding cracks and making use of them. Ofcourse we can imagine them being behind it, but those people with the guns are all Syrians. Theyre not robots, they have brains. To blame it all on the CIA is illogical. If those people werent ready to kill each other over their own differences, nobody could make them to it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I don't know if it would be better to start my own thread, I prefer to just contribute to someone elses because I am not always able to give my own threads the attention they deserve to thrive....

My husband works with a lot of Syrian doctors here in France. What we have been hearing from them is much like the OP.

Something to add, that I found frightening, is that, in their opinion, as far as what we westerners should pay attention to, is that there is a planned invasion going on right this minute, of western countries.
They say that it is the intellectuals of their countries (the doctors, the scientists...) who have become fanatic muslims and anti-Assad, that are planning on getting into other countries and causing big problems. They have been converting people in the places of power at an amazing rate.

These friends of ours are Christian Syrians, but they say that now, syrian doctors that are christians get refused a visa to leave to the country- only muslim anti-Assad doctors get visa to leave and work in other countries, as part of a gradual infiltration plan.

Perhaps over on the other side of the world, that isn't that worrisome, but here in Europe, where we get floods of people immigrating from the middle east each day, it is frightening.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
ATS once again your irony proceeds you (.. some of you.)

With respect to the OP (in regards to the situation in Syria w/checkpoints on every corner and such) it's just that if this happened in America, you'd have most ATS members calling this conspiracy. "This is now a police state!"

You say, "The government does a very good job at protecting its people."
Typical USA-involved ATS user response - "It's marshal law! Don't be a sheep!" (etc.) (when it suits them)

A Poster shows the bodies of people Assad has killed. All of a sudden, Poster is a "mindless Mass Media propaganda machine." A "troll." Dismissed without discussion or evidence.

And all of these assumptions (here in this topic) going off the word of (again, respectively) one woman, living in a heavily government controlled area.

OP (or someone else with contacts in Syria) mentioned that people back Assad because he represents "The pride of the nation" which could spin two ways. Pride is not synonymous with Good.

No doubt the rebels are of the "morally grey or worse" kind, but some of what I'm seeing, in this topic, is.. well, disappointing.

Why shouldn't we critique and question these people's support for Assad? How does the fact that the "majority supports him" mean he's suddenly not as bad as the massacre footage makes him out to be?

"Oh, I hear the majority in America love Obama, so really YOU ATS guys are the evil rebels."

edit on 7-9-2013 by LoveFurther because: added point

edit on 7-9-2013 by LoveFurther because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by LoveFurther because: spelling correction

edit on 7-9-2013 by LoveFurther because: adding point

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
The CIA only works like the devil, finding cracks and making use of them. Ofcourse we can imagine them being behind it, but those people with the guns are all Syrians. Theyre not robots, they have brains. To blame it all on the CIA is illogical. If those people werent ready to kill each other over their own differences, nobody could make them to it.

Every nation in this world has "cracks", the great USA certainly is no exception. And I'd argue the CIA does a lot more than just make use of an already tense situation -- it wouldn't surprise me if in many of these cases, the situation would not escalate to being anywhere near a civil war, had it not been for the CIA's involvement.

I think you and me have differing opinions when it comes to the extent that people and societies in general can be manipulated into thinking and feeling a certain way. I believe the CIA have this down to an art.
edit on 7/9/13 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join