It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel’s black gold shifts the balance of power,The Middle East’s power map is being redrawn.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I read that Israel has huge deposits of shale oil, however, in the UK we have been having protests about fracking and what's come out is that an awful lot of water has to be used to extract the oil, which here, even with the rainfall we have, the water situation is not simply turning on the tap.

I wonder if this is the case how much water which is a far more valuable resource than oil in many countries now, Israel can spare for all its fracking etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Iranian officials have always made it clear that they are against any direct intervention in Syria's or any other nations internal affairs....The only people in charge of future Syria will have to be Syrians themselves...Why not let them decide for their country by conducting a free referendum if the west is really concerned about their well being.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormdancer777
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Here is an article on Iran

In Iran, a change in tone on Syria
www.washingtonpost.com...

That's not what Iran's Military Chief is saying. He says, "We will support Syria to the end."

www.businessinsider.com...

Remember, the president in Iran is more a figurehead than a decision maker these days.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

It is so hard to keep track or trust anything these days.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I read that Israel has huge deposits of shale oil, however, in the UK we have been having protests about fracking and what's come out is that an awful lot of water has to be used to extract the oil, which here, even with the rainfall we have, the water situation is not simply turning on the tap.

I wonder if this is the case how much water which is a far more valuable resource than oil in many countries now, Israel can spare for all its fracking etc.

Water is going to be a big issue, no doubt about that.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

I hate the idea of bombing Syria, plus they are saying over a month of bombing raids.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join