It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to meet with Putin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just read this newsarticle, and it is kinda funny

www.washingtonpost.com...

It got almost no notice, but at yesterday’s Senate hearing on Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry made a stunning revelation: President Obama is backtracking on his decision not to meet with President Vladimir Putin during the president’s visit to Russia.

Recall: Obama cancelled his summit with Putin because of Russia’s decision to provide asylum to fugitive NSA leaker Edward Snowden. An incensed White House said that Obama would neither travel to Moscow for a meeting with Putin, nor would have a bilateral meeting with Putin at the G20 Summit in St. Petersburg.

On August 7, the New York Times reported:

President Obama on Wednesday canceled next month’s Moscow summit meeting, ending for now his signature effort to transform Russian-American relations and potentially dooming his aspirations for further nuclear arms cuts before leaving office….

So i wonder how this meeting will go, what do you think?

edit on 4-9-2013 by earthling42 because: link

edit on Wed Sep 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They'll get together and have a few laughs while they consult the script and make sure that they both know their lines by heart.

Just my guess.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As the Top Two Militaries in the World, they could just divide everything up.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I think it would be really cool if Putin bonked Obama right in the nose.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

I think it would be really cool if Putin bonked Obama right in the nose.

The more I see and hear, the more I believe they're in on it together.
edit on 9/4/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I wouldnt care if it was staged or not, it would still be soo worth it

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Putin said he may even support any strike on Syria if the US provide him the proof they have on Assad using chemical weapons against his own people.
Guess we will find out tommorow if that is handed to Putin or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
if you have ever watched the two together, and look at putin's body language.
you can tell that putin doesn't like obama.

i bet you that putin tells him the same thing he has all along, russia backs syria and tells him not to strike.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Obama enters the room vertical, and leaves the room horizontal when Putin is finished with him.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

He will have ample opportunity to hear firsthand from President Putin

'ample opportunity' does not a conversation about current events make.

, and I’m confident they’ll have a discussion about it.

? via emissaries ?

I think, Putin, being the somewhat 'manly-man' he presents himself as actually makes Obama uncomfortable ... off kilter .... not on 'his game', per se.

too 'intimidating' for Barack's seemingly more 'mild-mannered' approach/ 'feigned-diplomatic' nature.

an absolute personality clash, imho. (?)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Remember this?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
First he had a stop over to check on his Swiss Bank accounts, then onto Russia to follow up on the flexibility he now has in this his second term. He has no right to speak on behalf of the Americas.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
(sorry)
edit on 4-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
No separate Putin-Obama meeting planned at G20 summit

indrus.in...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

In the meantime, Presidents Obama and Hollande are likely to continue lobbying other world leaders at the summit to accept their alleged evidence that Assad's regime was behind the deadly attack on the eastern Ghouta suburbs, which the White House says killed more than 1,400 people.

G-20 host President Putin, however, is a staunch ally of President Assad's regime, and he'll be wielding his own evidence to convince the other heads of state in St. Petersburg that the U.S. and French governments are rushing into military action without solid proof of who was behind the chemical attack.

To accept their 'alleged evidence'
Somehow i don't think Obama is going to persuade Putin with alleged evidence.
I would have thought they had undeniable evidence but that does not seem to be the case.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
mtv.com.lb...

It can't get more childish that this (if it is true) Putin unfriended Obama on Facebook and apparently Obama was upset about it but enraged when he learned that Putin remained friends with vice president Biden.
In retaliation, Obama unfollowed Putin on twitter.

Yep those are world leaders, let's hope there is not to much credibility to this story

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I think, Putin, being the somewhat 'manly-man' he presents himself as actually makes Obama uncomfortable ... off kilter .... not on 'his game', per se. too 'intimidating' for Barack's seemingly more 'mild-mannered' approach/ 'feigned-diplomatic' nature. an absolute personality clash, imho. (?)

So in other words...Obama is quivering jelly because he's scared of tough-nut Putin.

I think you're right. Putin can see through the fake Obama politicking and it disgusts him...Obama knows Putin knows, and realises he can't blow his usual smoke up his backside.

That's the impression i get when they are recorded together.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

I hope Putin tells Obama that he's a liar and pathetic .. like he told John Kerry.
ATS Thread - Putin Calls John Kerry a Liar and Pathetic

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And i do agree with Putin, one cannot exclude the role of Al Qaida and blame Assad for all the killing.
Especially because it is known that the socalled rebels have and probably use sarin.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Listen from 7.50 if that is true, undoubtly one must ask himself, who have american soldiers been fighting the last decades?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join