It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ?What? Nine year old discusses the meaning of life and the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Christ how can so many Americans claim to be of a christian country when there are incredible young minds like this ?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'd like to know if this kid is just repeating verbatim an older person's view (who is obviously very close in his personal relationships) or, did he develop these perspectives simply by analyzing data.

The latter, would lend a lot of weight to the "Old soul" saying.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

boncho
I'd like to know if this kid is just repeating verbatim an older person's view (who is obviously very close in his personal relationships) or, did he develop these perspectives simply by analyzing data.

I wondered the same thing...is it parroting or something more. I did like what the first boy had to say.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Well if he was coached I have to take my hat off to his parents or school for getting his attention for that long as somany can't compete with the TV, there are kids leaving school that couldn't find their home on google earth.

If he has come to the conclusions all on his todd well, what can I say ? there is hope for our species yet ?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That kid is not repeating another persons ideas..

he has thought about what he is saying...

what an intelligent little boy.. when he is speaking about the universe and how the fact that we exist is the only proof we will ever get of life outside our planet i was in awe...

i would say this kid has a bright future ahead of him

nice find

s+f

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Well thank God for this kid. Most people older than him are more into Kardashians, America's Got Talent and the upcoming Dancing With the Stars.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I like what the kid is saying..... but I don't believe this for a minute.
He's been told what to say for sure, or his parents debate and discuss this often enough that he's picked it up or the person filming is telling him.

As long as he keeps an open mind and keeps thinking, good luck to him for sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I don't think its parroted. You should hear one of my 5 year old nieces explain her plan for how to save humanity when the andromeda galaxy collides with ours... But only ask if you have about a half an hour or so - its a very detailed plan!

peace,
AB
edit on 4-9-2013 by AboveBoard because: spelling! boo!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No he's definitely not being coached.. That's how kids talk before they go to school too long and lose their mind. I used to think some of those same thoughts. I used to be a god and I had my ant kingdom and my brother had his and we would make them war with each other. Made me always look up and wonder ya know?

You can tell by the way he's talking if you've ever been around kids. They have amazing imaginations. Even some of my girlfriends preschoolers say very intelligent out there thoughts (upper 3s class)..

I liked both of the kids. I liked how the second one tricked me. Talking about sports being important and I was like what? And then he goes on to explain it and I felt silly. Made my day.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
I don't think its parroted. You should hear one of my 5 year old nieces explain her plan for how to save humanity when the andromeda galaxy collides with ours... But only ask if you have about a half an hour or so - its a very detailed plan!

peace,
AB

WTF ???? You've taught a five year old about the Andromeda Galaxy ????

the closest thing to space science a five year old around here will know is the price of a Mars Bar, god I am so impressed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by AboveBoard

peace,
AB

WTF ???? You've taught a five year old about the Andromeda Galaxy ????

the closest thing to space science a five year old around here will know is the price of a Mars Bar, god I am so impressed.

LOL! I wish I could take credit! I did let her borrow my "star app" so she could look at the constellations during the daytime when she was four, while visiting, and gave her a book on skywatching as a present. But this is totally her and her parents awesomeness!

- AB
edit on 4-9-2013 by AboveBoard because: I makey no sensey...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Yea it's weird how kids learn. I remember trying to figure out how to build a space ship so I could put everybody on it so as to not be on Earth when the Sun Expanded and burned it all down.. I was 4 at the time. I knew the sun wouldn't go kaboom for a long time, but it scared me anyway.

My parents never talked about space, but somehow I found out. Maybe it was from discovery channel or something.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He reminds me of myself when I was little. I was very philosophical too and I remember debating a friend of mine at age 9 on the existence of black holes and alternative dimensions and it going right over the heads of the adults around us!
Only, I was not as confident and well-spoken at this age.

Nice vid, but...

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
Christ how can so many Americans claim to be of a christian country when there are incredible young minds like this ?

If your point here is that too many people are cult-minded, I'd agree. Singling out Christianity to make this point is being disrespectful in my opinion. I would have worded the point differently.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Funny
When you ask even educated people, self or otherwise, questions like these there are pauses/silence where they try to organize their thoughts and decide how they will approach explaining their views. This kid didn't do much of that so despite the fact that he is clearly conflicted, which supposes that he must have been thinking about this for years, i don't know when he would have had the time to become so! I would not say this is rehearsed as such but you do not pick up these ideas from reading children's books so clearly these are issues the father thinks it's OK to discuss with his 9 year old. Maybe he has thought him some useful things as well so lets not be too harsh!

And then there is the baseball comments which really gives it away...

Having a real existential crisis in your early teens happens to some but no 9 year old comes upon these questions by themselves and very few that have such so early on will have the know how and necessary reading materials , or parental support, to point them in a productive direction. That is why most men only have a real existential crisis in their 40's, having up to that point taken out their anxiety on women in particularly and society in general, and most will then continue to deal with it in the most childish of ways by trying to relive some aspects of their more carefree youths never fully addressing the real source of anxiety.

I do agree that formal schooling ruins vast tracts of our minds but it should not be overstated to such a degree that it's presume that the vast majority of parents will by their absence ( since they are at work) and general ignorance have anything but a similar effect on their children's development.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

He keeps referring to the human race as 'they' and not 'we' ....
I found that interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

During the question about multiverses, he does't really answer the question. I am sure he is a bright, and intelligent kid, but film editing surely has a role here.
I would say because he is able to give analogies, he has an understanding, whether he has been taught, or has arrived at his conclusion by meditating in a special chamber in his parents home. I would imagine that his parents have a successful method for home schooling.
I looked into a few well known child prodigy cases, and parental pressure was very common.

top topics

join