It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall Store Staff Quits, Leaves Abusive Boss Very Public Note

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Lol 2 managers and a keyholder quit their job and left this note for the manager and all customers to see.

I can't think of a better excuse than cancer wow, unless you are dead.

gawker.com...

Fed up with their district manager's abusive mistreatment, employees at a Journeys footwear and apparel store inside Rochester's Marketplace Mall decided to storm out together in the middle of the day, during the busy Back to School season, locking up the store behind them.

Naturally, such a kickass move wouldn't be complete without an equally kickass letter of resignation, so Niki, Jess, and TJ made sure to leave a nice long one attached to the store's security bars for all potential customers to see

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
To be a leader or boss you need to respect your employees. I cannot understand why people would think they're in charge that it makes it okay to become this dictator. That is not a good way to run a business.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I understand the reaction of the staff, but is it legal for them to act that way? In Canada, you can't leave your job like that, or at least, not ALL of the workers at the same time... or you would get your arse sued fast enough. Because you are then purposefully doing harm to your boss' business.

I know that as a customer, I wouldn't go back there. I wish those workers well!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good for them. Sounds like the boss was a real piece of work.
Hope they all find jobs somewhere else, with a good boss. And I sure hope this person gets fired.

Although, I wonder if they had made any complaints over the bosses head? I know alot of the time it doesn't do much good, but it probably should have been their first step.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
I understand the reaction of the staff, but is it legal for them to act that way? In Canada, you can't leave your job like that, or at least, not ALL of the workers at the same time... or you would get your arse sued fast enough. Because you are then purposefully doing harm to your boss' business.

Why not? Who says you are legally bound to continue working? You may not get employment insurance after but that's it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Entirely depends on the contracts.

Usually the results of leaving before your are contractually obliged to means that you dont get your last weeks or days pay, nor any outstanding paid leave refunded.

Good for them i say.

Its not about "getting one over on him" what so ever, its so the bad boss' boss find out and sacks him. If i had employees working for me who were all saying one person is holding them back and making work life miserable, hed be gone faster than you can say "comeuppance"

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Now, if we can just get more people to work together toward a common goal, we might get somewhere in this country.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A perfect example of how the base of a pyramid can topple the tip of it, if all the bricks of the base stick together.
This is the kind of action governments fear. Picture this situation happening on a large scale in a country.

I say well done to Niki, Jess and TJ and I wish all three of them the best of luck henceforth!
I also hope that Jamie learns a valuable lesson. I would love to see his/her reaction.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Why should they not ? So you are saying Canadian law states that even if your employer is a douche, you still have to work for them as you cant all walk out at the same time. I call that tough, employer caused the issues not the employee's. Employer should then roll up sleeves and do the work.

Although how many owners get their hands 'dirty' anymore, that store is probably owned by 'venture capitalists'

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

IF its an at will state no problem, you are under no obligation to stay, just as they are under none to keep you.

If its not an "at will" state than there is some kind of employment contract.

One of my first jobs was at an Video Game store, where the DM was constantly micromanaging and sexual harassing my employees.

She was Bi-polar and the rumor was she had been harassed by a VP and settled out of court, so was untouchable, no amount of complaining got her to stop.

Well She was threatening to fire my whole staff, because one employee looked like a thief (the only black employee... ) who was my best guy there.

So on the day before a visit (from Corporate) my Assistant told me he was quitting (a good friend of many years) along with 2 other employees.

I said F-it, we all quit that day and I locked up and mailed the keys to the DM, all Legal.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Give that Jamie guy a kick in the pants from me too.,,, well done you three,,,, I bet you feel much better in your heart and soul for doing that..... I know I would....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sounds like in Canada you lack freedom of movement. Not that the US is a whole lot better.

Labor is often dependant on the state. In Texas, unless you work as a licensed person, or in a prison or other critical area, you can leave when you want.

Work isn't the Gulag.

new topics

top topics

join