It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British rapist Threatened "HIV AIDS" Because Infected From His Victim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

He was shocked and fainted when he found out the information in court about her Victim

Rapist may have HIV from Greater Manchester victim
A man who has been jailed for raping a woman is waiting to find out whether he has contracted HIV from her.

Richard Thomas was sentenced to five years and four months after admitting raping the woman at her home in Leigh, Greater Manchester.

He knew she was ill but did not know she had HIV and collapsed when police told him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

Thomas, 27, of Sandringham Drive, Leigh, raped the woman after she had taken a sleeping tablet.

'His own fault'
He said he had been drinking heavily and taken drugs, and could not recall the attack but believed the woman, the court heard.

Thomas had let himself into the house uninvited in the middle of the night and the woman, who had taken a sleeping tablet, awoke to find him raping her.

Harry Pepper, prosecuting, said: "She froze and no words were exchanged. He pulled up his shorts and left."

Judge Mark Brown described the crime as "dreadful".

Thomas is due to find out whether he has contracted HIV later in the week.

His barrister, Virginia Hayton, said: "It is his own fault, if he had not committed this offence he would not have placed himself in this position."

"sows shall reap also" this word Good for Thomas..

edit on 3-9-2013 by cheesy because: more readable
Tq For Mr Boncho

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Okay that snippet was so freaking sloppy. Help me out here. Dude was infected, didn't know. Raped a woman and infected her? Or was she HIV positive and gave it to him?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I can't tell either. I am no longer certain English is my first language..

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

she HIV positive and gave it to him

edit on 3-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by cheesy

Okay that snippet was so freaking sloppy. Help me out here. Dude was infected, didn't know. Raped a woman and infected her? Or was she HIV positive and gave it to him?

I take it she was previously infected, he raped her, and it was disclosed in court proceedings that she was indeed positive for HIV. Which he learned during the proceedings.

Sounds like a really cheap Google translate job. Either that or the article writer's first language is not English.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Here is a better source for the story:

A man who has been jailed for raping a woman is waiting to find out whether he has contracted HIV from her.

Richard Thomas was sentenced to five years and four months after admitting raping the woman at her home in Leigh, Greater Manchester.

He knew she was ill but did not know she had HIV and collapsed when police told him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

Thomas, 27, of Sandringham Drive, Leigh, raped the woman after she had taken a sleeping tablet.

'His own fault'
He said he had been drinking heavily and taken drugs, and could not recall the attack but believed the woman, the court heard.

Thomas had let himself into the house uninvited in the middle of the night and the woman, who had taken a sleeping tablet, awoke to find him raping her.

Harry Pepper, prosecuting, said: "She froze and no words were exchanged. He pulled up his shorts and left."

His barrister, Virginia Hayton, said: "It is his own fault, if he had not committed this offence he would not have placed himself in this position."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Probably need a better source this was so hard to follow I felt like a 10 year old wrote it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by cheesy

I take it she was previously infected, he raped her, and it was disclosed in court proceedings that she was indeed positive for HIV. Which he learned during the proceedings.

Sounds like a really cheap Google translate job. Either that or the article writer's first language is not English.

sory Mr.i learn English here,if my word so messy i am so sory..i am from indonesia..i'll try my best to learn english

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Here is a better source for the story:

'His own fault'

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tq so Much Mr.Boncho

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Strange case, the guy says he doesn't remember the rape happening but he claims "if she says he did it, he did it."

Insinuating he has a prior relationship with the woman and believes she wouldn't lie.

Thomas said he still had no recollection of the rape but said that the victim "would not lie".
"If she says I have done it, I have done it," Liverpool Crown Court heard.
Thomas has been jailed for five years and four months and will placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.
He will find out later this week if he has contracted HIV.

I'm curious if there was physical evidence in this case. This is a little scary. He doesn't remember this at all??

Now... Think about it. If she knows she could have been prosecuted for having sex with him and not disclosing her status, for all we know, she made the whole thing up to protect herself.

I am just throwing that out there, it's a conspiracy site after all.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

No worries man, it's a messed up language anyhow. Thanks for the clarification! I figured if he gave it to her, wouldn't that be like a murder charge?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

You have it the wrong way around she gave it to him.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He doesn't remember this at all??

Police later managed to arrest Thomas. The man from Leigh town in Great Manchester pleaded not remember the events on July 20 evening, because it is under the influence of alcohol and marijuana.

I think he was drunk so did not realize what he was doing..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's so unlikely, bordering on nearly impossible, for him to have contracted HIV from her, it's a shame really it would be good payback. Men don't get HIV from women from vaginal sex unfortunately in this case. Although since it wasn't consensual if there was a struggle maybe it ups the odds.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by cheesy

she woke up to find him raping her...SHE has AIDS, HE is waiting for test results to see if HE is hiv positive...He knew she was sick but didn't know what was wrong with her. He was sentenced to 5 years...he fainted when he found out what was wrong with her........he is a dumb #!!!!

yes as posted it was confusing, as the posters above me pointed out!
edit on 3-9-2013 by research100 because: add sentence

top topics

join