It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Whitehouse seeking approval from Senate for attack CNN Feed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

The fact that Kerry looked like he was ready to grow horns to gore someone with & how badly he fidgeted after that exchange is rather telling. I have a feeling vote or no vote, it's going to happen one way or the other.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
kerry says may put boots on ground but then later on says no

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

The fact that Kerry looked like he was ready to grow horns to gore someone with & how badly he fidgeted after that exchange is rather telling. I have a feeling vote or no vote, it's going to happen one way or the other.

Pretty much. He actually kind of freaked me out a bit because he was so forceful about emphasizing that it WAS going to pass. Kerry right now is basically reminding me that politicians tend to be better orators than thinkers through the sheer number of fallacies he's committing. He just stated that "the world" agrees with this condemnation but apparently he didn't get the memo that, although the UK agrees the chemical weapons are bad, mmkay, they still voted against military action. He's really loose with his "world support".

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well Rand Paul seems to be the only sensible one there...He is for the people. Not like these greedy warmongers

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Rand does.

Listening to Kerry argument was bullsnip. He is asking for permission to bomb the hell out of someone. That is an act of war.

Meaning of someone did the same thing to US. It would be WAR, and they are under the illusion that there won't be any bigger reprecussions to US interventionism ?

What an idiot.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And what if, in the process of bombing the snot out of the target, the target chooses to retaliate? Does that not constitute an act of war? See, even though this is being presented as a limited military intervention, it could very well turn into a full blown war unless they expect Assad to be bombed without any attempt at retaliation...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Rand does.

Listening to Kerry argument was bullsnip. He is asking for permission to bomb the hell out of someone. That is an act of war.

Meaning of someone did the same thing to US. It would be WAR, and they are under the illusion that there won't be any bigger reprecussions to US interventionism ?

What an idiot.

Yeah, logic would dictate that raining military explosive devices down on others isn't the universal sign for "Hi, I like you! Let's be friends!" I agree, if it were us on the receiving end of that delivery, we'd declare war & unleash hell.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here is Rand Paul owning Kerry

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No it does not. Silly boy, don't ya know that an Act of War only happens when another Country retaliates for being "punished" by the USA?

Sometimes I think the USA is no better than the Taliban. We kill kids with hi-tec weapons (instead of knives) and we continually try to force other people to believe and behave like we want them to.

*We is used to describe the US Government.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

No it does not. Silly boy, don't ya know that an Act of War only happens when another Country retaliates for being "punished" by the USA?

Sometimes I think the USA is no better than the Taliban. We kill kids with hi-tec weapons (instead of knives) and we continually try to force other people to believe and behave like we want them to.

*We is used to describe the US Government.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

I have a picture on an old trojan-ruined hard drive somewhere from back in 2003 or 2004. It said "Q: What's the difference between a military, and a terrorist group? A: Not much beyond the number of soldiers." I wish I had that available, I'd make it my av in a heartbeat.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Nyiah because: **Have, not had. Still got it, just haven't figured out how to salvage it if I can

Edit: Hm, but I do have this one I could use instead

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That was exactly my point. If Assad should strike back, then it would be an act of war by our regard and could, thereby, effectively end that "limited" aspect of military action.

P.S. I'm a woman. "Alice".....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's on...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well I didnt here one shred of evidence. Kerry is like a used car sales man . Why is any evidence only for the closed session. The public demand it. This is not going to be a popular war. They need a newer pearl Harbor!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I've never heard so much bulls!it in all my life...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I've never heard so much bulls!it in all my life...

Of course you have. Don't you recognize the patented Bush Maneuver? Lie, talk in circles, evade questions, and lie some more.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This wasn't a hearing, it was a propaganda campaign.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have never heard such ball crap in my life before then Iraq.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

True but after all these years, it's especially see-through.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The thing is the general public will probably lap it up. That is the sad thing

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That. Was. INCREDIBLE! The only thing wrong with this video is the uploader claiming that Kerry owned Paul. Couldn't be further from the truth. The end where the general in Kerry's own words pulls the rug out from beneath him followed by bellowing laughter says it all. Wow!
edit on 3-9-2013 by PeaceVindicator because: Grammar nazi >.>

edit on 3-9-2013 by PeaceVindicator because: Changed applause to laughter. Silly guy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join