It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation headed straight to US, karma for Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

adjensen

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by adjensen

It's a calculated combination of the particulate concentration and the rate of decay. As you can see in the third map (which is "year 4"), the particulates are becoming more concentrated, but less lethal due to the rate of decay.
Ah, thanks. That higher concentration aspect is hard to believe but apart from that. Same question 4% of what?

You got me, the term doesn't really seem to be associated with radiation studies in general, apart from this one, and studies on the effect of radiation on the impact strength of materials subjected to radiation. Maybe they're comparing it to the exposure one would have gotten at Fukishima on day one.

I explained that in my post. If you read both links (click op link, and then the next link below the story) you will see that 4,000 times background radiation was day one at Fukushima, and it looks like they are basing the percentages on that. The study would then show 160 X background radiation in California after 4 years..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage, yes this is just the ocean flow,it is not taking into account evaporation, transfer of wildlife and other means of particle transfer. If they say "4%" double that at a minimum. As the daily tons of "hot" cooling water feed the Pacific and the groundwater, there is much more to this than meets the eye. We are looking at 3 cores in the earth and tens of thousands of spent fuel rods sitting in cooling pools waiting for the next quake or sunami, or possibly mechanical/electrical failure. scare tactics aside, this will be nasty, and change life on earth for a long time to come. This outdated and bad design should have never been built, much less on a fault line. Decay is only for a period of time, as saturation balances out, then buildup begins, and the sponge is expanding at a rate non discussed by anyone. Filtered information is the problem as we are being spoon fed BS.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But again, where else is it going to go? Currents run towards the US from that part of the world. So the point still stands.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

The study would then show 160 X background radiation in California after 4 years..
No.

The nuclear reactor explosion resulted in a great deal of radioactive matter leaked into the sea neighboring to Fukushima. On March 30, 2011, the Japan Central News Agency reported the monitored radioactive pollutants that were 4000 times higher than the standard level.
That does not mean that radiation levels were 4,000 times above background levels in the waters around Fukushima. If that were the case things would have been spectacularly worse than they were (and are). It means that the concentration of radioactive materials (specifically, iodine) was 4,000 times the level normally found in the waters in the area.

So, if that "impact strength" represents something like what we are talking about (still not sure about that), it would mean that the concentration of Cs-137 would be 4% of what it was near the disaster. What was that concentration? It peaked at about 26 Bq/l. 4% of that is 1.04 Bq/l. That is 14% of the EPA MCL for drinking water.
e360.yale.edu...

I think it's also important to note that the study only considered surface transport, ignoring vertical movement and the dispersion it would entail.

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

But again, where else is it going to go?

According to the study; to China, the Philippines, Taiwan, and southeast Asia. But the point of the study was really the amount of time that it would take to reach various places and the concentration of contamination when it got there. Sort of important stuff to know about.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But if you look at the map of the Pacific Currents, it's going pretty much exactly where it's supposed to go. Both the North Equatorial, and the Kuroshio currents come along Japan, before heading East towards the US. So of course it's going to come towards the US.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yes. I know.
But that isn't really the point of the study. The timing is.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know, that was more for the "heading to the US. Karma?" portion of the thread. I'll let you handle the real science bit of it, I was just pointing out there there really wasn't anywhere else for it TO go than towards the US.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well, yes. The premise of the thread is silly.
But the study is pretty interesting. Making lemonade out of a lemon.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree it is. I haven't sat down and read the whole thing yet, but what I have read of it is rather interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Phage

I know, that was more for the "heading to the US. Karma?" portion of the thread. I'll let you handle the real science bit of it, I was just pointing out there there really wasn't anywhere else for it TO go than towards the US.

just wait till they spill the beans on these little beauties.

Buckyballs for everyone!!!!!

illions of Southern Californians and tourists seek the region's famous beaches to cool off in the sea breeze and frolic in the surf. Those iconic breezes, however, may be delivering something hotter than the white sands along the Pacific. Buckyballs. According to a recent U.C. Davis study, uranium-filled nanospheres are created from the millions of tons of fresh and salt water used to try to cool down the three molten cores of the stricken reactors. The tiny and tough buckyballs are shaped like British Association Football soccer balls. Water hitting the incredibly hot and radioactive, primarily uranium-oxide fuel turns it into peroxide. In this goo buckyballs are formed, loaded with uranium and able to move quickly through water without disintegrating. High radiation readings in Santa Monica and Los Angeles air during a 42-day period from late December to late January strongly suggest that radiation is increasing in the region including along the coast in Ventura County. The radiation, detected by this reporter and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, separate from each other and using different procedures, does not appear to be natural in origin. The EPA's radiation station is high atop an undisclosed building in Los Angeles while this reporter's detection location is near the West L.A. boundary.

readersupportednews.org...

it doesn't matter now what most people say about Fukushima, just have fun and hug your family more than usual.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You know that blog post is more than a year old, right?
How are those skyrocketing radiation levels doing?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You know that blog post is more than a year old, right?
How are those skyrocketing radiation levels doing?

sky rocketing? do you mean cumulative? i know how old it is, that doesn't change the fact that Fuku continues to get worse with absolutely no way of stopping it. or did you figure a way out Phage? do you have anything positive to add Phage? anything?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Positive? Like your post you mean. That's real positive all right.
If you would read my posts in this thread. I've asked some questions and, I think, clarified some things.
Of course, it's not pointless scare mongering so you might not consider it to be a contribution.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Phage is correct it is fear mongering at this point.

I DID take Potassium Iodide for a duration and still do once a week in fact.

I am aware to wear nose plugs when I surf, cleanse and various other mild cautions but truth be told I'm currently more concerned about Tijuana sewage.

Something needs to be done yes. There is urgent action needed AND I honestly believe something can absolutely be done, outrage over any pollution is a good thing, panic never is.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Positive? Like your post you mean. That's real positive all right.
If you would read my posts in this thread. I've asked some questions and, I think, clarified some things.
Of course, it's not pointless scare mongering so you might not consider it to be a contribution.

the truth not good enough for you? or should i bull chit everyone and put on a smiley face like you and obama and congress and so on?

like it or not fukushima will not be fixed and will get much, much, much worse, that's the truth unless you have a fix in mind? please elaborate on your ideas of fixing this mess we call fukushima diachi?

oh that's right you have "ZERO" ideas on how to fix it because nothing exists to fix it, prove me wrong and i'll eat my words, prove me right and please find another subject to troll because on this one, you're lost buddy.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

That's not really the topic of this thread, is it?

But now that TEPCO has finally admitted they are lost, there actually might be some solutions or at least stronger remediation efforts in the works.

What can be done? I don't know. But arm waving about it is pretty stupid. Saying "We're all gonna die!" is really helpful, right?

When in worry or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout.

Buddy.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm just replying to the title of this thing.

Fukushima radiation headed straight to US, karma for Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Come again? So the Gods conspired to have an earthquake, in order to cause a flood, to destroy the rectors, to spew fall out into the ocean, killing untold millions of Marine life, destroy habitats, kill and disease the Japanese, just to contaminate the west coast as bad karma for us dropping bombs in Japan??

Wouldn't it have just been easier to have a massive earthquake on the west coast and have California sink into the ocean? Or even Yosemite blowing its stacks? Why smite the victims just to give the villains some residual? That is one #ed up God.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

That's not really the topic of this thread, is it?

But now that TEPCO has finally admitted they are lost, there actually might be some solutions or at least stronger remediation efforts in the works.

What can be done? I don't know. But arm waving about it is pretty stupid. Saying "We're all gonna die!" is really helpful, right?

When in worry or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout.

Buddy.

what do you suggest, that was my question to you. i would gladly run in circles or wave my hands and scream if i thought it had a remote chance of doing some good, but i wont sit here and feed people lies or false hope when what we need is more people to start demanding an answer.

you know as well as i do how grave the situation is there, or perhaps you don't, but suffice it to say it's grave and people have the right to know that while they have time to do those "things", without propaganda and lies.

on this subject i wont put on the kid gloves, i wont fake every thing will be alright and sing kumbaya. call it what you will but it's nothing more or less than the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

on this subject i wont put on the kid gloves, i wont fake every thing will be alright and sing kumbaya. call it what you will but it's nothing more or less than the truth.

Good for you.
Neither will I or have I.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join