It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress and the right to use our assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have a few quick questions for all of you. If Congress approves funding and Congress represents the US populace, then when the President does something without the Congress' consent, where does he get the money to pay for it? If the money that Congress administers is our money, then how exactly can he use our resources without our rightfully represented consent? And if by any private or loophole he gets away with making decisions on his own, whose resources does he use? Ours? We didn't consent...
So if you are wondering if the President will surpass Congresss' yea or nay, ask yourself "Was I mis-represented?" and "Whose money are you using?"
The entire US weaponry is the private property of the US citizens, how exactly will you wage war with the private weaponry of a dissenting population?
Then if the funding is not ours, we have a mercenary and private weapons acting on our behalf problem don't we...
edit on 2-9-2013 by Emeraldous because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well the sick truth is now days they just legally steal it,
i say legally steal it because if we actually had a choice
in the matter i feel that most Americans would not provide
funding for the things our government has chosen to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

Because we allow it.

They take our money by force. I have a right to my earnings dont I, the fruits of my labor? Not according to the government.

If I dont hand over a portion of it, they will seize it by force and imprison me.

We've given them the right to spend our money and we need to put a stop to it.

And then are people like Ron Paul, one in six billion.

Someone who was so against these ideas, that he voted against giving Mother Teresa a $30,000 gold medal. Know why?

Because he said its not their money to spend. And when he asked members of Congress to put up their OWN money, none of them did...

Ron Paul Voted Against Mother Theresa Award.

For the record, not a single Representative who solicited my support for spending taxpayer’s money, was willing to contribute their own money to demonstrate the courage of their so-called convictions and generosity.

It is, of course, very easy to be generous with other people’s money.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Right, the government takes the money. But its our contribution in the first place. We manufacture labor and they represent our wants and spend our money in return to get those results on our wants. The government doesn't own money because it is public, just like a statue in a park doesn't own anything.
So again if the entire military is ours and he circumvents the congress, then with what money and whose weapons is he planning to get these mercenaries to fight with?

join