It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Properties of Soul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Astyanax
reply to post by Greylorn

You can hardly expect a 'perfesser' of physics to take seriously someone who claims that the aether is the same thing as dark energy, and makes definite statements about the conditions that prevailed antecedent to the Big Bang!

You are correct, and I do not have such expectations.

Becoming a professor in a hard science such as physics requires a lot of time and work. After getting a basic Ph.D a guy has to find a position in a university and begin working his (maybe her) way up from newbie to assistant to associate professor, finally to a tenured position. This requires gleaning grant money and kowtowing to accepted beliefs. Sometimes it requires kissing the posteriors of unimaginative but politically powerful professors sitting at the front of the academic feeding troughs.

In all but a few remarkable instances, by the time someone becomes a Professor, he has simultaneously become a "perfesser," a pedant who follows the agreement of his colleagues lest he incur their disapprobation and not get published any more. Many young men enter physics with the intention of clearing its stagnant air and discovering the real truth of things, but by the time they reach "perfessership," as I put it, they have a family to feed and a spouse grown accustomed to assured salaries and intellectual social status. Their youthful zeal has been wrung out of them, and they are incapable of recognizing an idea that when young, they might have embraced and fostered.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Greylorn
You propose that the soul has a relation to any individual's use of mental feats such as creativity and resourcefulness (I derived the latter one from your anecdote). You propose that the soul is responsible for the utilization of the brain's capacity for conceptual understanding.

It's implied that the Beon or soul has control of the brain. I presume your theory might state that the more aware the Beon is, the more resourceful or clever the human will appear to be.

In your opinion, what else could be discovered of the Beon? And, what usefulness does the Beon concept have to offer when it is understood? Is it as simple as a soul concept having a basis in physics?

If the Beon or soul is conscious, then what should be thought of consciousness? Do you have a theory of consciousness and its properties which follows your Beon theory?
Why do Beons exist (in the context of "let's suppose it's true") with/in humans? Why a mortal accessory, what is the ultimate purpose of a Beon?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

(post by jeni606 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join