It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips? what about space slips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
We've heard about time slips, where people disappear when going into a shop and observing that it looks a hundred years in the past.etc.
Then the case of a couple going to bed in a motel and the male just disappears from the bed, leaving his clothes and credit card never to be seen again. So if "time slips" can happen what about going to bed at one location, and waking up in another. Or Driving down a highway and suddenly arriving at your destination with no time passing? The nature of reality is very hard to pin down, What would it be called ? Translocation? Teleporting? If a gold chain can turn up in a three million year old lump of coal,did a random wormhole open up and transport it?....
I once worked in a mental ward, and one of the patients was a man of African origin ..who just turned up one day he couldn't speak English so back then he just lived his life in the mental institution. On another occasion a fifteen year old retarded youth, just disappeared from a secure facility, never to be seen again. He couldn't even do his shoes up. The events to my knowledge were just ignored, no hoo ha etc. There was a law regarding sectioned inmates, that if they could escape and stay out a year and a day, then the legal section holding them became invalid. So perhaps they waited for them to turn up..., to my knowledge never did.
edit on 1-9-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It probably happens more often than anyone thinks.
Ever place something in one place but find it in another? You assume that you forgot or someone moved it, but what if it moved itself?

Ever look for something over and over, but can't find it, and all of a sudden you find it in the same place you have already looked a number of times?

Stuff like this happens more often than anyone realizes, we just attribute it to forgetfullness, human error or something like that.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

There is the case of Gil Perez, a Spanish soldier that seemingly teleported... a space slip.

historicmysteries

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshwarchand777
Ever look for something over and over, but can't find it, and all of a sudden you find it in the same place you have already looked a number of times?

That reminded me of something that happened to me. I got up from my chair at my PC one evening and went to the loo, came back to my chair and couldn't find my lighter. I looked all over the place but never found it. About a week later I arrived home one evening from work, looked over towards my PC and whats sitting right next to the mouse? My lighter!
There is no way it could have been there for a whole week without me noticing it, and it would have got knocked off if the mouse were moved. I can say 100% that it was not there. I live on my own so nobody else could have done it.
I dont know about times/space slips, but I know my lighter vanished for a week.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is just a known flaw in the programming of our particular simulator. A section of code, which representing an entire object, interacts with surrounding code in the simulation. When the defragger / optimizer runs, it just gets moved to a slightly different place. Nothing to be concerned about.

edit on 1-9-2013 by BayesLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

There is the case of Gil Perez, a Spanish soldier that seemingly teleported... a space slip.

historicmysteries

That's an interesting one. Have you got anymore?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That's interesting, you are right it happens a lot. The thought that it could have time slipped would never be considered. I have another one that happened over twenty years ago. I was working at a small factory, and the young apprentice was flatting with the Foreman ,and his girlfriend, he was a de facto father. During the xmas break they went for a days outing by the sea which was close to a river mouth. He said to the Foreman that he was going to swim across the Rivermouth, it was well within his capabilities. When the Xmas break was over and we all started work again, the apprentice wasn't there. The Foreman said that he just never came back and hadn't seen him since, All he had on was a swimming suit. All his belongings were left. That's the only other one that ive been personally involved in, but I left it out as a shark may have got him, although no disturbance was reported.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That is the only one of that type that I know of.
There was a case where a young man was found in England in 1920 that was never explained. He was found naked in a field and had left tracks for some distance before dying of exposure. A photograph was circulated throughout the country, but he was never identified. I am sorry, but I haven't found a link, I read it in a Charles Fort book.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

That is the only one of that type that I know of.
There was a case where a young man was found in England in 1920 that was never explained. He was found naked in a field and had left tracks for some distance before dying of exposure. A photograph was circulated throughout the country, but he was never identified. I am sorry, but I haven't found a link, I read it in a Charles Fort book.

Another interesting one!, Charles Fort would be a good source of this type of occurrence. If something happened like that in the modern age, they would end up in a psychiatric ward, in a great deal of stress, probably diagnosed with some sort of mental illness and never heard from again. I think its strange that there was a Law that said if you disappeared from a mental hospital and were out for a "year and a day" you were no longer considered insane. So if someone did just disappear, the "out" for the institution would be that he or she had just "Absconded". but only if you were on a 'Section' a lot of people were not on sections ,so if they escaped there was no compulsion to inform the police, and that would be that. Which makes me think there might have been a few interesting cases from this type of institution.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BayesLike

This is just a known flaw in the programming of our particular simulator. A section of code, which representing an entire object, interacts with surrounding code in the simulation. When the defragger / optimizer runs, it just gets moved to a slightly different place. Nothing to be concerned about.

edit on 1-9-2013 by BayesLike because: (no reason given)

That's a good one too. I seem to have found a few people that just disappeared but not many popping into existence unless human child birth can be considered as turning up from no where. www.virginmedia.com...

Jackson Wrights time tunnel seems interesting its the 7th page
edit on 1-9-2013 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This topic has always interested me, this is my favourite timeslip story, always makes me shiver.....

moonlightinvestigation.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
This topic has always interested me, this is my favourite timeslip story, always makes me shiver.....

moonlightinvestigation.blogspot.co.uk...

That's a good one but it has a few holes in it. Some of the holes can be accounted for, like how come when they paid the innkeeper he didn't notice the new money? back then when France had devalued they had old Franks and new Franks, the old Franks were worth a lot less than the new ones. The old money was circulating with the new. But the Police did wear capes and funny hats, especially in the provinces. Some of the villages were very strange with donkeys and few cars etc. The many Widows were dressed in a type of black uniform. So I can see how they could have got confused. Everything seemed very local and perhaps they had more of a local economy and saw them more as guests than cash cows. The French like you to speak French as a politeness, if you get it wrong they don't worry as long as you try. Although they understand English quite well. Tired travellers on country roads may well have got the yarn going.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

historicmysteries

Here's a more recent one that's got a degree of strangeness to it. crave.cnet.co.uk...
Another disappearing from a secure facility?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe it explains when objects go missing even though you know for a fact it was where you left it. Then it reappears in that same spot?

new topics

top topics

join