It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity has yet to kill me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, this is my "OOooo, look at me, I'm new" post, as recommended by BTS. What to say? I'm an aspiring writer (note, not author, as authors have actually been published in some serious form) specializing in both cyberpunk and conspiracy genres. I've been exposed to more paranormal (or whatever word you choose to use) activity and circumstances than Fox Mulder, though I keep the logical disbelief-until-proven-otherwise of Scully. My hobbies are studying world religions, quantum physics, history, and discussion of all taboo topics (ie. religion, politics, and such).

My goals are: World Domination (with myself as a benevolent dictator), to be a "real" author, and to find out who's in that van with all the aerials outside of my apartment.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
My goals are: World Domination (with myself as a benevolent dictator),

Can I be your number 2? Ok that didn't sound right. lol

Welcome to ATS thelibra!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Can I be your number 2? Ok that didn't sound right. lol
Welcome to ATS thelibra!

Ah, thank you (bows). As for being my #2, unfortunately the position has been...er...requisitioned by my fiance', who says she will not assist me with her mind control powers unless I give her the spot.

However, everyone who supports me in my quest to unify the Earth under my iron fist will receive AN EXTRA POTATO RATION!!!

Those who do not support me will be put to work on a potato farm.

JAK

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey thelibra, welcome to ATS.

Now about these extra potato rations you mentioned... what exactly is entailed?

Jack

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi thelibra

I know a bit about potatoes, but i'm more of a turnip man myself.

Welcome to ATS/BTS

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
JAK - Basicall that would be required is support of my cause and regime.
Once my shock troops simultaneously overthrow all governments of the world from my secret base in Guam, your task would be to simply accept my rule as benevolent dictator, and go around saying things like "All hail our new leader." Your loyalty will be noted by my secret police and that extra potato ration will be forthcoming.

(addendum) Those that join my secret police force will also be given an extra saccharine tablet, in addition to the extra potato ration.

SANCTUM (aka Baldric) - A trade may be possible, however, as the majority of agricultural production will shift towards potato farms and saccharine labs, we will require greater service.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
SANCTUM (aka Baldric) - A trade may be possible, however, as the majority of agricultural production will shift towards potato farms and saccharine labs, we will require greater service.

I have a cunning plan to cut costs in your venture. Forget about the saccharine labs and concentrate
on the yam.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I have a cunning plan to cut costs in your venture. Forget about the saccharine labs and concentrate
on the yam.
en.wikipedia.org...
Sanc'.

Indeed, a plan so cunning you could slap a tail on it and call it a weasel.
However, you neglect to take into consideration the cost involved in shipping yams vs. saccharine tablets. I would appreciate a top-to-bottom analysis of the compared costs. Should your proposal prove more cost-effective (despite increased costs) I shall name you Minister of Agriculture.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thelibra,
If you plan to export potatoes from Guam, i'm pretty sure yams weigh about the same
per tonne.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
If you plan to export potatoes from Guam, i'm pretty sure yams weigh about the same per tonne.
Sanc'.

Ah, true, a tonne of saccharine tablets weighs the same as a tonne of yams. However, I'm thinking more in terms of quantity. For instance, a single yam will only satisfy one minion, as would one saccharine tablet. Yet, a single yam will weigh the same as roughly 500-1000 saccharine tablets. Assuming a modest weight of 1/2 kilogram per yam, that puts us at about 2000 yams per tonne, versus about 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 saccharine tablets per tonne.

So the shipping cost is going to be more economical for the tablets. Ergo it ultimately comes down to the cost effectiveness of yam farms versus saccharine labs.

Oh, and the yams wouldn't be grown in Guam, the climatic conditions are unsuitable for growing them, and space is far too limited. Perhaps we will put Alabama or Georgia to good use instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
thelibra, you are not taking into account the cost of building and maintaining the saccharine lab.
All one needs to grow spuds or yams is a high yield area of quality soil and a few oxen.

You are correct that Guam is a wee dot in the ocean. I actually flew over it, well a bit to the left of it
in 1985 enroute from Sydney to Japan. When i flew back to Oz, for some strange reason it was on
the other side of the 747.

I agree to provide a C.V. in my application for Minister of Agriculture, but you will have to look
to another member to handle the finances.

Sanc'.

edit:text

[edit on 13-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello thelibra! Welcome to ATS! I hope you enjoy your membership with us.

Need any help, don't hesitate to ask

-TSK

new topics

top topics

join