It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian War: Brief and Limited

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That is what the headline at Drudge reads below the photograph of a US Aircraft Carrier within a sunset. Brief and Limited.....

I bring this because I want to insure those two words, which summarize this Administration's belief system toward their ability to prosecute war, be remembered. There should be NO allowance given to the death-lovers who are pushing for this war. There should be NO forgetfulness tolerated in the attempts to re-write history later by saying they knew it would go the way it eventually does...As Opposed to that sentiment forming today's headline.

-----

In 2002, for those who didn't live the events at an age to personally remember the progression? George Bush promised this nation that the war would not break our finances. Why? Iraq was an oil power. We were going to generously liberate the poor and oppressed people from a tyrant. So, naturally, our expenditures on fuel and oil would be offset, if not covered by the restoration or oil flow from the Iraqi oil fields. In other words, we were told outright, IN PART, the war would pay for itself. (They had been in Gulf War I....so the CONCEPT wasn't a silly one but the idea it would work? Well..... We saw what happened)

WELL North of a trillion dollars later, with an Embassy that stands as a monument to the bunker mentality as the largest and most heavily reinforced on Earth, we see what a 'short action' in Iraq led to. 10+ Y E A R S of loss and war. Countless thousands dead and 10's of thousands of Americans wounded for life if not mentally broken as well.

This was run by people with experience and intelligence for war. Rumsfeld.... Cheney.... Powell.... Rice.... (notice I don't mention Baby Bush). These men may have been many things but inexperienced or stupid isn't among them. Despite all that and decades of having done this very thing? THEY screwed the pooch so hard it ought to be a crime of animal cruelty.

-----

NOW? We have SENATOR John Kerry (former) heading State. We have SENATOR Chuckie Hagel (former) running defense. We have a UN ambassador who won't even show up for the critical security council meeting on the very subject this nation is prepared to go to war..once again for. I didn't mention Bush above so I won't mention Obama now. However, it *IS* fair to note that we had a Vice who also had some brains over brawn for how to fight ...and again...still managed to get our asses handed to us with a smile and demand we leave, soonest.

So... I ask everyone. What is going to be Brief OR limited about ANY of this...unless:

A. We manage to assassinate Assad right out the gate (Yeah.. Bush tried that with Saddam too....and was a total, utter failure...as he killed countless civilians in residential neighborhoods the eve of the invasion)

B. Syria, Russia, Iran and China have ALL been 'just kidding' and bluffing. They really haven't meant a thing they've said about shooting BACK and not just dying like good little victims (Russia and China by proxy).

..... I think the odds of the above two options happening are about the same as my becoming President some day. Think I should start measuring for new furniture in the West Wing?

Naww... I didn't think so either. NOR DO I THINK ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WILL BE BRIEF OR LIMITED. Anyone think otherwise and agree with the headlines?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

About the only thing about the title Brief and Limited" that I agree with, is that it was also the theme of my honeymoon (See Naked and Afraid).

Remember, we were only going to be in Kosovo (according to Clinton) for a matter of months.

(Hint: we're still there)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

My apologies for making a brief post but,

The only thing that will be Brief and Limited will be the answers to the worlds many questions..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If we 'intervene', nothing will be short nor limited.

The US will attempt to knock out the Russian made and manned S-300 batteries in Syria and will kill Russians. Things will get very dicey very quickly between the Eagle and the Bear.
Israel will be attacked and will respond in whatever fashion they deem, irregardless of what the US or any other nation thinks.
When Israel attacks Iran, MOIS sleeper cells in Israel and the US will go active, creating terror attacks in the major cities of New York, Tel Aviv, Washington, D.C., and others.
In response to MOIS attacks, Israel will probably shoot the moon (nukes.) Let's pray that's not the case.
Meanwhile, in the US, as terror attacks and a war with Russia takes it's toll, the American population welcomes UN Security Forces to help 'protect' the homeland.

Game. Set. Match.

*This is just one possible hypothetical scenario. Obviously, none of us know how this is going to go. Personally, they should all (Obama, Assad, Putin, etc.) have a giant beer summit and drink the special Kool-Aid going around... the stuff that makes you go, "Hey, killing people is bad, let's see what feeding and educating them can do!"*

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Brief and limited, yeah, this is going to be about as brief and limited as Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Remember those videos of the bunker busters that fell into civilian neighborhoods turning apartment complexes into giant craters? If the US goes into Syria it's going to make Iraq look like a cakewalk. We may have been able to pull that off with Hussein but the not this time IMO.

Hopefully, REALLY hopefully the UN asking for more time to inspect and Cameron taking heat from the MP in the UK this fiasco will be derailed. And now China has joined Russia in outspoken opposition to this as well.

Just might be this administration will not be remembered for Obamacare at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
its already been going for a couple of years ,so whats the definition of brief and limited?
Or are you just considering the involvement of the Usuk tag team.
Many would say they were there from the start
I think i understand what your getting at ,the TV war with tracer fire and cruise missiles raining down love and prosperity ,No?
Couple of days at best ,Everyone home before Christmas for tea and scones.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of Nigel Farage, I think in some ways he's the British Alex Jones, meaning he screams and shouts on the top of his lounges and works on the minds of people wanting to believe.

That said, this was in interesting video, thanks to RT/ZH.

But at about 3minutes in he said something, that had never crossed my mind.
At this point we have been fighting longer in Iraq then the duration of WWI and WWII together.

This kinda made me think... if you put it like that... Damn...

edit on 28-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes. I recall the bunker busters that proved VERY effective in busting bunkers....and bomb shelters...and civil defense facilities....and hospitals. :shk:

The same problem and reasons our side did it then is why we'll do it again now. Intelligence and Arrogance. Too little of one added to FAR too much of the other. It leads people like Bush at the time, to order multiple cruise missiles into the heart of a residential neighborhood before shooting had started. He had "intelligence" that Saddam was hiding there....and too much arrogance to think the MIGHTY America could ever be wrong...let alone, deliberately led by BAD Intel to do something unfathomably stupid.

But heck.... We were POSITIVE Al Qaeda was going to attack embassies a few weeks ago. Remember? SO sure, we humiliated ourselves before the world in closing already fortified and reinforced facilities .......on a crank phone intercept.

WHAT evidence has them 100% POSITIVE on what happened here? Oh... yeah.... a phone intercept. The same method everyone down to tribesman on South Pacific Islands know by now the US watches and hears EVERY word of in any area we choose to...

Yet... we're going to assume they just openly chatted about committing the worst War Crime since World War II... Of course they did....and Saddam directly helped cause 9/11 too. They said/implied THAT, at one point, as well.

* It's Groundhog Day, without the humor or Holiday!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can't add much to this discussion except good idea to point that out. Brief and limited, huh? Well, since they said that, I guess I'll be counting.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Brief and Limited thing is a deliberate lie just to prevent the immediate arrest of Obama for murder, knowing that what he has planned is enough to cause WW III if anyone tries to defend themselves.

There is probably a sacrificial False Flag event already planned to justify a longer war, like an explosion near a US ship or plane, that they will blame on Syria, pulled off by the go-to False Flag experts, the Israeli's.
edit on 28-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Assad. Isn't he just the figure head?

The real power being the Army Generals? Some have been in power when his old man was still about?

There all part of a religious group Alawite's - Wiki - Alawite

If he's killed, which according to International Law he can not be assassinated (Same way Ghadafi was not aloud to be targeted directly) the power base will still be there.

Its similar to North Korea, Lil Kim's the glorious leader, yet we know the generals are the real thinkers.

This thread is a good way to help remember what was promised. Brief & Limited. Hhmmmm....

A Cival war that has raged for Two years. Thousands allready dead. Over a million refuges... WMD's being used by someone.

It is better that the UN deliver their report and this made public to all so we all now if Gas was used.

And let's remmember, that's all the report is for.

Not to place blame on any party.

Another thing that bugs me, the UK would sanction a strike before the UN report is made.
Conservative MP's are saying they would support the strike (As foregin secratary William Hague made clear today) and the Members of Parliment have been recalled from there summer holidays to take part in a vote about military action, which will take place this week.

They want to have bases for action, which they deem legal use of force would be justified on the basis that WMD's have been used by the Assad regime, of which their use is against international Law.

The UK (and other nations) wants to limit acces to chemical weapons. And say they don't want regime change. So they won't have boots on the ground.

YET, How are we to secure WMD's without boots on the ground??

I see the UK's (And others) reason for action as they are getting wound up because the UN are too slow to act.

The UN should grow a pair and form a combined force to take action. Not let Allied forces do the grunt work. Not beg for Calm & Peace, as the cival war rages on with chemical gas use.

Also, China and Russia should hopefully smell the coffee.
Russia preaches how a military attack with out UN backing is against International Law, yet the Use of Chemical weapons is also against International Law.

The whole fubar situation is just conflicting hypocrisy.

Any action won't be brief and limited. Unless we send a short letter to Syria, asking them to put guns down and talk.. and leave our brief & limited action to that.

eee.
edit on 28/8/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: Speeling & Grimmer.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Obama gets compared to FDR often enough, maybe he sees himself in the same light? After all FDR got to be in office from 1933 to 1945, maybe Obama figures his flock will demand that he stay in office while this "threat" to our nation is dealt with?

With all else that has gone on in Congress the last 5 years, it's not that inconceivable, it would only take an 'emergency' repeal of the 22nd amendment. If they can pass Obamacare without reading it, who's to say they wouldn't go along with this too?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
then i suppose it will be a good thing when there is no war eh.

i see a lot of people seeing war looming and for good reason, yet i do not see it happening at all, this will be my prophetic prediction for the future, there will not be a war.

to OP, i like the cut of your jib on this one and couldn't have said it better myself, but i still believe it wont happen and i'm sure everyone including myself would like to see that.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I'm not a big fan of Nigel Farage, I think in some ways he's the British Alex Jones, meaning he screams and shouts on the top of his lounges and works on the minds of people wanting to believe.

Thats a tad harsh on Farage. He's more colourful than the average british professional politico but he's not a gibbering loon like Jones.

Like him or not he is the leader of a proper political party with membership on the increase. A fact that is only going to accelerate if his is the only party willing to align with the will of the population on this issue.

edit on 28-8-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Next they'll be telling us that it will be a "Brief and Limited" nuclear exchange..
That's when they piss off the bear properly...

nvm it will be brief and limited ....to a matter of hours
//
edit on 28-8-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If the superpowers get involved in this conflict and it spins out of control and some madman decides to take it nuclear and/or bio/chem.

It will be brief but not limited.

Perhaps the Apocalyptarians are right. My Israeli friends are scared.

edit on 28-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
this is a hard one to call
so many "what ifs"
one thing im pretty sure about though
before the dust settles there will be a central banking system in place.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
this is a hard one to call
so many "what ifs"
one thing im pretty sure about though
before the dust settles there will be a central banking system in place.

i disagree partly and i think that because the banking cartel are falling down as we speak, it may seem peachy keen on the s&p 500 but we both know why that is and it's not reality that's for certain. i do not feel they have any more favors to pull and are loosing their following as well. if congress has a 9% approval rating what do you think bankers have?

i think they are reaching for it though, that part i certainly agree with and that the bankers military industrial complex and so on are the ones pushing for it as they have always been i might add.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Brief and Limited"

How arrogant.

First, they can't guarantee that.

Second, I'm sure it won't feel that way to the US personnel involved or the innocent Syrian civilians caught in this power struggle between bad, worse and a foreign invader.

Third, the administration must think the public is totally dialed out to believe this convenient spin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join