It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not about 'Republican' or 'Democrat.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's about what's right and wrong.

I've been reading ATS for awhile, I typically don't post much but I suppose we all have our moments. I'm under the assumption that those of you here have been 'paying attention' so to speak with the current influx of what I call 'news fads.' To put it very lightly, our media (in my opinion) seemed a hell of a lot more concerned with igniting already lingering issues, using a 'public witch hunt' frenzy to in some mannerism justify a cherry picked news article; all the while turning a blind eye to the myriad of other events/reports flowing in on a constant basis.

What's our media attached on to right now? Miley Cyrus. What our people concerned with right now? Ben Affleck, because he's the new Batman. Now, I'm not necessarily condoning the entertainment industry, because come on we all love Batman, but with this 'conflict' (crude understatement, I know) in Syria, and the disaster at Fukushima, Now, I won't bother elaborating on these issues as it's not the point of this thread, but if you've been 'paying attention' like I mentioned earlier, this whole Syria chemical warfare being used by Assad is laughable, at best. As I said, I won't elaborate on them, but if you're missing the point here and what to know more, just browse ATS and you'll inevitably find some pretty unbelievable truths.

Getting back to our media, and its influence, there's been a pretty obvious 'anti-government' type of fad, albeit very minor, the whole Benghazi situation, Obamagate, the countless instances of our Commander in Chief acting in complete dis-accordance with his pledge he so gallantly promised to uphold. A disclaimer, I don't support tyrants, or your typical money-lining politician. And as far as I can tell, since my parents were children they've all been for themselves and their corporate interests, not us. This is what gets me, though.

There are so many intelligent people in this world, in our country, and yet they continue to support this madness. I see it everywhere here on ATS, any thread that exposes our governments corruption is ALWAYS boiled down to 'who can make the funniest comment regarding Barry and his dishonesty.' Now, it's not that clear, because ATS has mods that keep people civil, so it goes deeper than that. It's subtle little comments that have weight versus lengthy descriptions of articles that have truth. Regurgitating the same one-liner from thread to thread, "man this guys corruption knows no bounds."

I'm sorry to break it to you, BUT HE IS NOT THE ONLY MEMBER OF OUR GOVERNMENT. As hard as it is for some people to believe evidently, there are entire other bodies of government that are just as corrupt - if not worse - that the ones we have the access of researching and reading about. I don't know who said it, maybe Carlin, but it goes something like this: "They're part of a big club, and we're not a part of it." It could not be ANY simpler than that. Do you honestly believe that the "change" this country needs is going to come from yet ANOTHER Republican or Democrat? Look at all those years of constant ruling by the two party-partisan political system, all the regurgitated promises and fancy speeches. How many of them have been true?

In hind sight, how many politicians were actually honest, and upheld their word and their oath? Now, it's an over generalization, but in my parents lifetime (I'm only nineteen), I've found none. The ones who 'seemed alright,' in my opinion, were just better at keeping people in line with their fake promises and hollow speeches. Why are people going to continue to vote for these same people, who say the same thing, who do the same thing, and we always get the same end result.

Murder. Deceit. Indoctrination. Surveillance. Fear. Destruction. Exploitation. Oppression. Brainwashing.

The list could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. I just don't understand, how people can blindly follow their political party like it's a sports team. The same people who get pissed off and riot in the streets over sports are the same people who sit complacency when this mat of phony freedom is ripped from their feet, and they accept it because they don't care enough to question what's happening and think that because 'it's the government' it's for a good cause.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results, and combined with stockholm syndrome through a constant conditioning of fear; from "the terrorists, the communists, (pardon the vernacular but this term was used as a marketing tool by the US government) the negros, etc," we have the most apathetic, lazy, and entitled society that's ever been alive on planet Earth. Hundreds of millions strong, oh, we are so weak. We can't find a way to gather, to organize in order to show this establishment that enough is enough and that WE will no longer tolerate the blatant hypocrisy and corruption.

No, instead, the general populace is busy gawking over Miley Cyrus, in two weeks it will be the new 'hot news story,' rinse and repeat. I feel like ATS houses a great many of us Americans who, for lack of a better term, are thinkers. Too many people on here, rather than finding common ground and attempting to better understand other perspectives, are too adamant on shoving their beliefs down everyones' throats and resulting to petty arguments and childish name-calling.

I ask you, folks of ATS, the next time you feel the 'urge' to post a negative comment or tear at someone for what they said, just don't. It's truly not that hard, and it stops threads from going haywire. I'll be honest, I don't necessarily know what the point of my thread was, because it's hard to word what I'm thinking.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is that is that the shallow and rather pointless posts regarding our government are, well, unnecessary. There are a great many of us who are attempting to spread knowledge and help get the word out to people that we've all been led astray and need to snap out of the trance. A place like ATS is a sort of haven for conspiracy theorists, revolutionaries, whatever label you chose. We all have the same common goal here. And it's very simple.

It's the idea of helping each other. That our purpose here is now to earn money and consume, but to create, to inspire, to share, and to explore. To explore the oceans. The stars, Ourselves, Each other. Our dreams. Anything and everything. This notion of less is more, that mother Earth is plentiful for every man's needs, but no man's greed. Our world is in a state of chaos. I haven't been around long enough to know if it's always been like this, but I have a feeling it's never been this bad. The scale of what's happening, the revolutions that have happened. The Monsanto monster and the recent headlines regarding them, Cyprus haircuts, man, the list goes on and on.

What can we do about it, though? Honestly, what can we do about it? My fellow Americans, how do we react to an unjust and corrupted government that has silenced our whistle-blowers, have begun nationwide domestic spying efforts, who murder innocents, overthrow governments, exploit resources, and then point the finger at men preaching peace, prosperity, and love?

What can we do? I have absolutely no idea... I'm just a nineteen year old kid trapped in a nightmare. But, it's nice to know I'm not alone. And for what it's worth, our politicians are not an embodiment of a true American. Not even close.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Well said!

America is not it's politicians it's the people. Because of that we have a very big problem though as a great majority of them have fallen into "us or them" thinking. This was by design as it keeps us divided and unable to effectively take on the power elites and big corporate interests that run the country.

Honestly I don't know what the answer is. As I've said before, the ideological divide within this country is vast. There may not even be a peaceful resolution to be found as much as I hate to say that.

What's wrong with Miley Cyrus's hair? She a kid and kids do weird things. Reminds me of Madonna back in the 80's.

new topics

join