It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What America would look like if states were divided by population

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So I read an interesting article on Yahoo about an artist who created a map based on America being redivided into 50 new states according to population.. In which would keep the representatives even for each state. Personally I kind've like the idea.. Maybe just because I am somewhat bored with what we already have.. The only state I don't like so much is "Chinati"
.. reminds me of china and Illuminati mixed together or something.. Apparently I would live in Ozark though.. And I would no longer have the perk of being the first state in the little drop down boxes on websites

Remember.. This is just an art design.. Not like a plan or something so don't go buy out the grocery store or something..

Article

edit on 22-8-2013 by Pelvi because: (Fixed)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

The only state I don't like so much is "Chinati"
.. reminds me of china and Illuminati mixed together or something..
My first thought about that was that it sounded like a Chinatown district of Cincinnati.

I haven't actually looked at all the names yet, but the one I dislike the most thus far is 'Shiprock'. I just don't think that sounds like a good name for a landlocked State. It needs to at least have a small area of access on the coastline.

Aside from the California, Texas, and Florida areas, a lot of it really isn't that far off.

Just to add this detail from the linked article:

Each state in Freeman's redrawn America has a population of roughly 6,175,000.

edit on 8/22/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

LOL, God himself couldn't divide up Texas.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It appears that you would need to add the entire landmass (along with the population) of Alaska to the "Rainier" State in order for it to be of matching population with the others. Hawaii seems to be added to the State of Shasta. Cool. I love maps

new topics

top topics

join