It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Today is not a good day and I'm up for a rant. It just seems everything at home and what I read online about people who just destroy themselves is a sad example of what the future holds. Daily I see people who's life revolves around drugs and alcohol. That's it! They're terrible at managing money, eating junk food and not exercising is destroying their health, the drugs and alcohol takes away a lot of their money and causes them to become crazy, etc.

Maybe it's how I grew up and saw so many people who destroyed their own lives. Like I feel people do not have any self respect for themselves or others. But I just feel troubled because I have to live in this mess and I want to break free from the suffering. Sorry for the rant but I cannot always have a good day.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

It's a tough ol' world, indeed. All one can do is live well. Even if that means burning a bridge or two.

"I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours."
Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good rant. If your actions interfere with your moral upbringing held by the subconscious, you tend to do things to self destruct because you do not feel worthy. If you try to do good things and feel worthy, you usually do all right. The problem is this moral way is not relished by the present society, many people are just out for themselves or lack confidence in the good that should be controlling society but isn't.

We should be denying the self centered in our society recognition. We should not be promoting over competitiveness. We shouldn't be looking down on those with less intelligence. We are all in this together.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

What's happened is 40% of them are dependent on some form of welfare, another 40% are dependent on drugs (including prescriptions), leaving just 10% of us with a brain. It can be extremely frustrating in day to day life when every other person you run in to is an imbecile.

I dealt with a cashier today who could not subtract $0.12 from $1.12 and get $1.00. Seriously. Normally I can let these things go, but eventually it builds up enough and I end up having a really bad day. Which is what it seems like has happened to you, a build up of lots of mini-frustrations.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Too many warning labels.

The gene pool needs more chlorine.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At least back in the 60`s the hippy`s would go out in the middle of nowhere and live in a commune while destroying their lives with drugs and alcohol, but now it seems that the druggies and alkies aren`t happy unless they destroying other peoples lives along with their own.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

What's happened is 40% of them are dependent on some form of welfare, another 40% are dependent on drugs (including prescriptions), leaving just 10% of us with a brain. It can be extremely frustrating in day to day life when every other person you run in to is an imbecile.

I dealt with a cashier today who could not subtract $0.12 from $1.12 and get $1.00. Seriously. Normally I can let these things go, but eventually it builds up enough and I end up having a really bad day. Which is what it seems like has happened to you, a build up of lots of mini-frustrations.

Hmm....according to your math (40%+40%+10%=100%)????

And just where did the other 10% go to?
Or is this the new government math?
It seems you are suffering the same ailment that the poor cashier was. I hope it is not catching

Concerning the OP---The Fuel Project has a good video series regarding this very subject.
It's a long watch, 55 videos in all, but well worth it. Here is an introduction.

Enjoy!
edit on 21-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
There is so much corruption and greed in the world, so much chaos and destruction. The youth of today are losing hope. The cost of living is so high and there are lack of jobs. What is to become of them? Parents need to give their children something to believe in, something to hold on to. I'm glad I never had kids, life is so damned difficult.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have just been frustrated because it seems my family and everyone else is destroying themselves. Everyone has to rage against the machine at times.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

A little understanding would go a long way in your situation. If you were more forgiving you might not be so stressed as to commit these simple violations yourself.

As for society, I believe we are just in a slump right now. This is not an all time low. Everyone just needs to try a bit harder at becoming their best selves. A big part to that is understanding. Most hostility and fear comes from ignorance. If you want to know try to understand.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by occrest

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LEAVE THE HOUSE!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Honestly I pray for the day the power goes out and doesnt come back on. We would have to help eachother, god forbid!

We would teach each other skills and human life would become more precious. Simple fact. Cut out the creture comfort (and honey boo boo) and get back to living, really surviving. I promise you that would seperate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Maybe it's how I grew up and saw so many people who destroyed their own lives. Like I feel people do not have any self respect for themselves or others. But I just feel troubled because I have to live in this mess and I want to break free from the suffering. Sorry for the rant but I cannot always have a good day.

IMO, a major part of the problem is that we are trapped!

Trapped in concrete cities, trapped by money, trapped by greed-based politics, trapped by a worthless public education system.. the list goes on.

We are taught that the ideal life is to achieve some miserable yuppie status via monetary status symbols, which only a fraction can realistically achieve.

We are rarely taught by the system to respect nature, to abhor processed foods or to come together in our communities.

We are only taught to 'vote' for the next serpent representative (not to think for ourselves,) to see our doctor for the latest experimental medicines (not to research vitamin deficiency,) and to obey the law (never question it.)

We are taught to be patriotic, but never question the overall motives of our country's policies.

We are taught to acquire the latest technology, but never question its necessity.

As you can see, there are many angles from which we've been trapped and suffocated.
It's up to those of us who are sick of it (like you) to spread new ideas, however small our impact on society may be.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah! Here you go!

top topics

join