It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Racist is America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seeing that the media is against guns you'd figure they would jump at this and go ape-nuts.
Decatur shooting.

Happened yesterday, but still don't see the media making this into circus. Only reason I could figure is that a bus load of 'minorities' don't have the same effect as a bus load of 'majorities.'

Keep it classy America

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
things like this are randomly singled out by mass media every so often just to take our minds off of us knowing that we're at the tail end of swirling down the drain in the crapper and the fact that every freedom we think we have, every bit of information we think we know is all false and a blatant lie and we know it but by blowing these things way out of proportion we look away from what's really going on.

and i by no means mean this isn't horrifying by saying.. "blowing these things way out of proportion" and coming off sounding insincere or heartless but compared to what's really going on in the world it actually is.

our greatest gift is trudging through our lives completely oblivious as though we've been anesthetized.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Yay, another race baiting fool trying to stir the pot.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Keep it classy......

Practice what you preach.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Considering your "mood"....I think you should maybe take your own advice at the end if your post

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well.... Maybe it depends on where you live? Because it was all over my TV last night and yet again this morning, on both the local news, and the world news. And I am in MI.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Simple answer to the question of your title ....not really related to your op...

The US is as racist as the rest of the world. IMO maybe less then other places like Europe or the Caribbean since our history made us bring our ignorance to the table and address it in some way.....

Dominicans for example HATE Haitians ......Europeans see south Americans and blacks as subhuman .....the US ?maybe we are guilty of our own issues with our neighbors but globally speaking since we are making generalizations .....humans are racist. It is more about human nature then racism. We fear different people.

edit on 21-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmm, seems to have made USA Today. Maybe though it wasn't more of a huge deal due to no one being injured. Or maybe cause it doesn't have anything to do with race.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

The US is as racist as the rest of the world. IMO maybe less then other places like Europe

Europeans see south Americans and blacks as subhuman .....

Uh... that's one of the more staggeringly racist things I've read in a while. All Europeans see blacks as subhuman?!

I think you're incredibly massively spectacularly uninformed there.

A lot of European countries have some of the most multi-cultural societies in the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

um.....jajaja

and you call me uninformed.

To what race is that "racist"????? prey tell.

and have you ever lived in europe or even visited several countries there? I have lived in europe for over half a decade and traveled there my entire life. My observations are valid bub. I have seen it with my own eyes.
The grass only seems greener on the other side...

Also:The US is a melting pot....always has been. lol

I think you're incredibly massively spectacularly uninformed there.

really ,super duperly with a cherry on top?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

caterpillage
Hmm, seems to have made USA Today. Maybe though it wasn't more of a huge deal due to no one being injured. Or maybe cause it doesn't have anything to do with race.

There was a standoff. The guy fired shots, blindly, towards his assumptions of where police where. He even had a school employee call media so they can catch 'the police killings' on video.

This has everything due to race - the race of the victims. The national media doesn't give 2 shatko unless they can fuel something into hate and/or fear effectively.

You known if this guy walked into a school up north, they'd have live coverage for the start.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

gotya

Keep it classy......

Practice what you preach.

It was sarcasm...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Well.... Maybe it depends on where you live? Because it was all over my TV last night and yet again this morning, on both the local news, and the world news. And I am in MI.

Crap, looks like I'm the one in the racist bubble. Time to move..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

chiefsmom

Yep. Race biater.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

chiefsmom

Yep. Race biater.

Yep. Master of it.

edit on 23-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: master baiter

top topics

join