It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism Through The Eyes of a Proud Liberal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Just my 2 cents.

But next time a hard line Neocom claims a welfare state is doomed to faluire you can reply with 1 word: Norway.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok I've got a reply from 2 but not the OP. The Constitution is fallible huh?
While lacking perfection it is the basis of our republic.If our laws were obeyed then it would be FAR more effective.
May the OP be so inclined to answer me? Or have I frightened another one off?
By the way, I know many liberals who aren't AT ALL progressive ,just like I am not a Globalist, Most of the crap comes from media troughs for the masses.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
Ok I've got a reply from 2 but not the OP. The Constitution is fallible huh?
While lacking perfection it is the basis of our republic.If our laws were obeyed then it would be FAR more effective.
May the OP be so inclined to answer me? Or have I frightened another one off?
By the way, I know many liberals who aren't AT ALL progressive ,just like I am not a Globalist, Most of the crap comes from media troughs for the masses.

The OP has been busy with other things.

Could you please point out where I stated that the Constitution is "fallible"? Not that I disagree that it is, I simply do not recall saying as much. Even the Framers knew the document was fallible and built in a mechanism for adapting and changing it as necessary.

Good Lord, I'd expect to have these fallibility arguments over the Bible... but not a distinctly man written document. Of course it is fallible - humanity is fallible.

The idea "if our laws were obeyed" is a red herring of whale like proportions. The laws are obeyed for the most part. Those who disobey them end up in jail ( or in Congress, or lobbying for Congress ).

My belief is simple. Through manipulation of lobbying and the atrocity of Citizens United the people have lost their power and their say in Government. "Constituent" no longer means "citizen" - it means "Those corporations doing business in a political region".

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thank You for all your time and effort, that went into creating this post.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join