It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rural Coloradans to vote on breaking away as 51st state. . . .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Perhaps eastern colorado should split off from the mountain Liberal side. But when the conservative eastern side starts asking for the aid that they already receive in the form of farm subsidies, and govt. assistance and other federal and state funds....sorry your conservative ideology got you into this mess now live with it.

Cut off all the USDA subsidies to the farmers and they would be on their knees begging to be reinstated with the rest of colorado.

farm.ewg.org...
www.colorado.edu...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

Texas might be able to succeed but most thinking Texans like myself know that it just won't happen basically for the same reason of federal subsidies that Colorado enjoys.

slog.thestranger.com...
edit on 5-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Why is this always the response from the rightwing everytime the political landscape doesn't change their way? Pack your toys and leave because you didn't get your way. What a weak minded attitude, you're too stubborn to work on what's lacking so you just bail thinking you can avoid this reality. This was the case for the american civil war, the case for all the hoofla after Obama's election win, and where has it gotten people? No where. There are plenty of liberals in Texas, Georgia and Virginia who feel their representatives there do not at all what stands for their beliefs but do you see them making as much of a howl about packing their toys up and going home about it? Nope. They accept the reality of the electoral process.

Colorado will still be Colorado tomorrow. It's just an inevitable reality of democracy that people will disagree and vote differently. It's something you cannot expect to change by packing up and leaving, unless you're one to favor a single party State.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So there would be Denver and then Hunter Thompson's Colorado. I'd pick the latter.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I see, so I guess the only response is shut up and do what we want? So much for a system that's supposed to protect all its citizens. You get what you want; we consistently get shafted and have stuff shoved down our throats. And when we consistently tell you that you've gone too far, you tell us to sit down, shut up, and learn to like it already?

Forget that. This is why they're voting to go it alone. You don't listen. They've had enough.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I see, so I guess the only response is shut up

No, the best response is to accept the outcome of democracy and not pack up your toys when it doesn't always go your way. Not too hard to understand.

So much for a system that's supposed to protect all its citizens.

No, what people like you really mean is a system that caters to your concerns and rights only and not those of other residents in your state. This has little to do with protecting all citizens.

This is why they're voting to go it alone. You don't listen.

We haven't been listening to the howls of rightwing secessionists since... well since they lost the war 150 years ago and we will continue to do so. You've had enough? Go take a walk, or maybe consider flying to a country with a one party state if that suits you best. You have the freedom to do so.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing your states become, more of your states. I saw something on tv not long ago about states having issues sorta like whats described in the op. (sorry just skimmed through)
edit on 5-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So much for a system that's supposed to protect all its citizens.

You are protected- just not your extremist stupidity. How many of these whiny country people have personally had anything negative happen to their own lives? Probably none, but if anything doesn't match their stupid beliefs then they go crazy.

We have the same thing here with stupid cowboys and farmers in Eastern Washington who get fat subsidies and then whine about paying taxes.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Must be nice to have a farm.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

ketsuko

I see, so I guess the only response is shut up and do what we want? So much for a system that's supposed to protect all its citizens. You get what you want; we consistently get shafted and have stuff shoved down our throats. And when we consistently tell you that you've gone too far, you tell us to sit down, shut up, and learn to like it already?

Forget that. This is why they're voting to go it alone. You don't listen. They've had enough.

They can vote all they want but they can not go anywhere. Unless they do not think the Constitution applies to them.

“New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.”

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You know a lot of these type of country bumpkin people work with me because it's in the boonies and they live right nearby, and for the most part they are terrible employees. They're mostly uneducated, not too bright, lazy and don't know how to follow rules. Maybe they do need smarter voters to tell them what to do?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Have you ever lived in Colorado? Not simply driven through, but lived there, for any length of time at all? I have. Not a terribly long time, but a bit over 6 months in Denver.

Colorado is, generally speaking, controlled from the Denver/Boulder area. That is a very liberally minded area. No problem there, of course, except that the a fair % of counties around them are not like minded, and absolutely opposed at a fundamental level about firearms. They just ran a recall on a senior state rep over that very issue.

(Source)

That was the political map for 2012 in voting for President. It's pretty evenly split for area, although how anyone figures on splitting that baby, given the colors, in beyond me.

They'll never get it that far anyway, and I'm sure even they know the US Congress wouldn't pass this on their most generous of days. It's a message and a screaming one of protest for how Denver has been handling the State's business.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
No problem there, of course, except that the a fair % of counties around them are not like minded, and absolutely opposed at a fundamental level about firearms. They just ran a recall on a senior state rep over that very issue.

Yes, that, and more. Differences also extend to gay marriage, legalized [things that we must not mention], energy regulations, farm/ranch regulations, and common core.

We've kicked out two state congress critters, and are now working on doing the same to a third one.

I'm disappointed the ballot measure failed, but I still think that it, coupled with the recall votes, will send a strong message. The counties in question, particularly Weld county, bring on much of the state's revenue due to energy production, farming, ranching, and water. Most of rural Colorado is well armed.

But, I would have preferred the ballot initiative would allow NE Colorado to keep the "Colorado" name, and the front range can be renamed "East California."

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

CB328
You know a lot of these type of country bumpkin people work with me because it's in the boonies and they live right nearby, and for the most part they are terrible employees. They're mostly uneducated, not too bright, lazy and don't know how to follow rules. Maybe they do need smarter voters to tell them what to do?

I have to say that I take issue with your racist remarks. You leftists are oh so tolerant only when others goose step to your tune.

I have found many more idiots living in the city then anywhere else. Most are uneducated in the ways of life, lack the common sense of a rock, don't even get me started on how lazy they are, can't think for themselves, etc, etc. Most think that food just magically appears in the grocery stores.

Oh yea, You forgot to add "SQWUUUAAAAAK!" to the end of your post. What a parrot.

edit on 6-11-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

5 counties voted for secession, all on the Eastern plains. 6 counties voted no, including Weld and most were in the 7-10 point range. It would have to be approved first by Colorado's congress, which wouldn't happen. Although being spearheaded under the Amendment 2 supporters, this was really about better representation for our rural counties. It's true, the supply of public health care, infrastructure funding, etc. are not as well represented in our rural counties as in our counties with bigger populace centers. Sometimes we need a stern reminder about inclusion. Hopefully this will make Colorado a better place and pull it's populace together rather than create more rift.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

CB328

Nice, dude.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join