It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Greenwald's partner detained at Heathrow airport for nine hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Glenn Greenwald's partner detained at Heathrow airport for nine hours

www.theguardian.com

The partner of the Guardian journalist who has written a series of stories revealing mass surveillance programmes by the US National Security Agency was held for almost nine hours on Sunday by UK authorities as he passed through London's Heathrow airport on his way home to Rio de Janeiro.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

Searches on ATS, but it seems that this has been already posted.
edit on 18-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: Already posted

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
"You're either with us, or you're against us" gets a whole new meaning. It is pretty clear that anyone who dares to ask pertinent questions, expose unethical behavior or is involved with a person who does, will find himself on some sort of blacklist or worse.

The society we live in today no longer allows free speech and thoughts. I don't see the difference between oppressive governments and terrorist organizations such as Al-Qaeda. There was no reason whatsoever to detain that person, except intimidation and harassment from a government which has totally forgotten the concept of service and the liberties it is supposed to protect.

I also don't understand why Intelligence agencies target regular civilians while they should be focusing on real threats. Maybe its the design and the corrupt actions of the entire global political system that is responsible for the creation of terrorist groups and extremists in the first place.

I guess the real questions are: Who is going to stop them? How long are regular people, who work and pay their taxes, going to keep tolerating this? What is it going to take to change this world? The techniques that are used by the allied governments clearly don't work. What's the agenda here? Who benefits?

www.theguardian.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: Mistake

edit on 18-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: added info

edit on 18-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That thread is already running here

Just sayin..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Thanks. It's funny, I couldn't find it on abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...
Mods, please remove.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No worries, happens alot.

top topics

join