It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does FEMA have plans for region 3?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So for a basic occupation military doctrine would tell you that you need a troop ratio of 20 to 25 soldiers for every 1000 members of a population. That assumes assistance from local police etc. So at the bare minimum you would need over 6 miilion boots on the ground back up by local law enforcement to attempt the a very light version of matial law. Where are all those guys going to come from? Considering the US police to population ratio is lower than places like New Zeland, Switerzland and Canada the US is completely and totaly unprepared for any major martial law situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here is the problem..

Don't train and prepare then a disaster hits and the public would respond with "wth is the govt doing by not being ready"

Train and prepare and a disaster doesn't hit "omg they are prepping to take my guns"

It's pretty much a no win scenario for some folks.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar
reply to post by TXTriker

There is an Austin in Potter County, Pennsylvania which is covered by Region 3.

Thanks should have known or googled. Just didn't think there would be too many Austins.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
from: FEMA/DHS 1st Responder, Region 2 South, Wayne County Michigan.

There is NOTHING but training...like this month, last month, last year and next year. And we stock up, we drive around, we train. We use helicopters, Military Vehicles, Commercial Vehicels, Trains...you name it.

We have a SWAT exercise in 2 weeks, and a helicopter landing zone training session: just like the last 4 years.

You guys have lost it. You look for things to be there that arent, mean or imply nothing...NOTHING but training, prepardness and stockpils of meds and food and rotating items in and out of cycle.

There is a serious flaw to think it means SOMETHINGS UP! Yeah? It is. Its called PREPARATIONS.

Ive got a bag packed, am ready like-yesterday...but am not expecting to go anywhere for anything anytime soon.

Except? ...More training. Stop looking for things...especially when its the way its done to train and prep.

Wanna be in the loop? Join some community org and find out. End the speculation. Its really silly. Really...

Bio-Defense Network
Region 2 South,
Wayne County, Michigan

Citizen Corps/C.E.R.T. Community Emergency Response Team

Wow, what a buzz kill, lol. Just kidding, good post and thanks for jerking me back to reality. Been reading for couple of hours and was finding myself nailing the windows shut etc. Lol.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
from: FEMA/DHS 1st Responder, Region 2 South, Wayne County Michigan.

There is NOTHING but training...like this month, last month, last year and next year. And we stock up, we drive around, we train. We use helicopters, Military Vehicles, Commercial Vehicels, Trains...you name it.

We have a SWAT exercise in 2 weeks, and a helicopter landing zone training session: just like the last 4 years.

You guys have lost it. You look for things to be there that arent, mean or imply nothing...NOTHING but training, prepardness and stockpils of meds and food and rotating items in and out of cycle.

There is a serious flaw to think it means SOMETHINGS UP! Yeah? It is. Its called PREPARATIONS.

Ive got a bag packed, am ready like-yesterday...but am not expecting to go anywhere for anything anytime soon.

Except? ...More training. Stop looking for things...especially when its the way its done to train and prep.

Wanna be in the loop? Join some community org and find out. End the speculation. Its really silly. Really...

Bio-Defense Network
Region 2 South,
Wayne County, Michigan

Citizen Corps/C.E.R.T. Community Emergency Response Team

itd good you're on the inside, you can perhaps explain/make clear some things up.
where/which/who are the 387,000 troops? how do you recycle $27 million of food. who will learn english/ will it be a crash course? will they shoot if you dont understand their broken english? why do they need to keep the peace? will revolution 2 be under way?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Funny guy....

Go to the links and find your answers.

*READY.GOV! www.ready.gov...

*FEMA IS (Independent Study Courses) this course if free through Department of Homeland Security/Emerergency Management Institute, Wahington DC
training.fema.gov...

•CITIZENS CORPS Program: www.citizencorps.gov...

UPDATES and ALERTS:
*FEMA TEXT MESSAGING ALERTS: www.fema.gov/text-messages

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I want you to understand that I'm very thankful for you and your fellow volunteers (?) - I don't think that's right, as I sure hope you're paid for your service.

But, you do understand the compartmentalization of the US gov't philosophy - in that, you're only told things on a "need to know basis" and I do mean that sarcastically.

I wonder if you could comment on the info I got from a co-worker that took the federal exam in Chicago to be a "border agent" where he said that everyone sat down at a computer to take the test, and one of the first questions was (I'm parapharasing ) "If someone was running at you, and you didn't know if they had a communicable disease, were armed, or needed help - would you shoot with deadly force?"

He said that if one answered "NO" the computer screen would blank out, say thank you, your test is over - He said about 3/4 of the room, packed their stuff up and left after that question, in what was to be about an hour and a half test.

That makes me think they are really "compartmentalizing" info on what is really going on.

What kind of test, if any did you have to take?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
No. I am not paid. As such, I am a member of Michigans Citizen Corps CERT Team of the year 2013, and have personally just received The Presidential Service Award for my time in volunteering.

There are many different tests and certifications. If you volunteer, all are paid for and you take the classes and training(a) and become certified in them. Homeland Security/FEMA/State Police/Citizen Corps/Emergency Mngmnt Institute in Washington foots the bill for your training.

I have taken and am certified in the following few just to give you an idea of the wide breadth of training we get.

CPR, AED, First Aid,(Adults, children and infants all 3 for each), ADLS Advanced Disaster Life Support
My specialty-Medical Triage (EMT/Triage) ie: Wounded-Walking, Ambulatory, Serious and Dead or Dying
Incident Command, Search and Rescue, Cribbing, Teamwork
Helicopter Landing Zones (how to establish one), Criminal Detention Rights
Animals is Disasters, and yes…Dog CPR
Weapons of Mass Destruction, Haz Mat, Confined Space Rescue
Natural Disasters-Tornados, Hurricanes, Tsunamis, Heat, Wildfires, Floods, Ice Storms etc
SCBA-Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
Fire Safety, Food Handling and Storage
Railroad and Chemical Accidents
Bio-Hazards, Radiological and Nuclear Accidents and Disasters

I am certified in all the above. Im not sure what tests your friend took, but Im assuming it was psychological pre-testing for some or parts of the above. Depending…not everyone takes the same testing.

So, when someone posts that “there MUST be something up with FEMA because….” Its generally not-true. And we all should be glad that we train as much as we do, keep an ever changing supply of food, medicines, and disaster needs ready all the time.

You may see a bunch of vehicles or see large orders of food, guns, supplies, gas…whatever. IT DOES NOT MEAN SOMETHING IS COMING RIGHT NOW-HERE-TODAY-THEY-KNOW-SOMETHING etc….. But, we’re ready when it does. And still, we will continue tomorrow, next week, next year and until such a time as we no longer HAVE to be prepared.

I do thank you for asking and I encourage everyone to contact your local police, fire and city emergency managers to ask how you can help us...help each other in times of crisis.

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I'm an RN so I really appreciate what you do - stay safe - especially with the biohazard stuff.

The test the co-worker was taking was more law-enforcement border agent - you definelty are more casualty/health oriented.

Again - Thanks, we need people like you - you are appreciated. God bless.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Please- no thanks necessary. But I do appreciate it. I dont do this for thanks. Its my small way to give back to the community. Much in the same way Im sure you most likely arent an RN (thank you too!)...for just the paycheck!

Thanks for replying MS

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Anyone with a background in preparedness, survival training and military tactics would know this...

If FEMA Region 3 is being supplied than the disaster WILL NOT HAPPEN in Region 3 !!! The disaster will happen the furthest away, maybe West Coast, and people will move as far aways as possible to avoid the problem. The area which would be safest and would receive the influx of survivors would be where the supplies and troops will be waiting.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just read on another forum (Military Projects) here in ATS and it seems that USAF is going to close its Space Fence program from 1st of October.

Is just a coincidence or are these things related?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A megaritual will take place on that date. You are being advised, that's the first rule. Get out of zone 3.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
A megaritual will take place on that date. You are being advised, that's the first rule. Get out of zone 3.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
May add my 2 cents?
(Just to be clear, I am not intentionally spreading disinformation or fear if what I'm about to say is indeed that.) However, I am a little nervous and feel it is always best to be prepared for the worst. Nothing might happen in October but something might happen eventually, be it a hurricane or some other issue big or small, can't hurt to be ready.
A few weeks ago I read some things Janet Napolitano( former DHS secretary) said at her farewell speech. The thing that interested me was when she mentioned an upcoming natural disaster. Here are some links of the same story, just different sources. rawstory , rt , abcnews .
Since that interested me I did a quick google search and came up with 'FEMA warning for region 3', I happen to live in FEMA region 3. Here's some more links, basically same story, I had a beforeitsnews link but I can't get it to work on this website for some reason. citywatch , thesleuth
Now to me that sounds a little suspicious, but maybe it's normal and I'm simply just ignorant and bored. Due to my curiosity of other peoples opinions I asked my mother to read every link I just provided, the next day she went out and stocked up on bottled water and told me she talked to some of our relatives (some of which are police sergeants and one who is a former government worker who also has very close ties to people in certain areas of government) The police relatives said they are going up North to the mountains when someone notifies them and to stay away from the ocean. The ex government worker (this guy is a snake) said him and all his buddies have stock piles of MREs and water. He also said the DHS building in Virginia or West Virginia and other government buildings in that area have moved away from DC to the other side of the mountains, I couldn't find any proof of that however.
Any thoughts on this not-so-new information?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Global Zombie Apocalypse in 3, 2, 1?
October 1st is banging at the gates...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sourcamel

The thing that interested me was when she mentioned an upcoming natural disaster.

The thing is, she did not mention any "upcoming natural disaster".
Here is what Napolitano actually said in reading an "open letter" to her as yet unnamed successor:

You also will have to prepare for the increasing likelihood of more weather-related events of a more severe nature as a result of climate change, and continue to build the capacity to respond to potential disasters in far flung regions of the country that could occur at the same time.

www.dhs.gov...

No warning of an impending disaster. Just that it would be a good idea for DHS to prepare for increasing weather related problems.

As for the FEMA hoax.
www.snopes.com...
edit on 9/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Caver78
UM....for what it's worth our local cable company has been running the emergency alert system about 3x a week lately when the norm is once a month.

Just to clear this up.. there are weekly mandatory tests and then there are monthly mandatory tests. If you only get one once a month, your provider is breaking the law and incurring nice fines.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't think there would ever be any need for anything close to martial law unless something of the highest magnitude were to happen. And then I don't think the government could control it's own military if things were that bad. The military is not going to turn on us. The government? Maybe. The military? No.

At most, the government would have a certain segment of the population they would label "undesirables" and most people would just look the other way on that. The government never does anything that big without at least 60% public support, IMO. Or if they do, they always find a way to make it look like they had no choice so they don't get blamed for it by the majority.

<< 1   >>

join