It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Ruining Baseball

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

reply to post by spartacus699

Yet here you are, commenting in a thread about something you hate, which makes a moron or troll, which is it?

Based on your grammar, I'm going with moron.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I've been a Dodgers fan since my older brother gave me a Dodgers cap after one of his frequent visits to the US.
(My brother lived in Boston for a year, Dallas for quite a few years, visits San Diego on a regular basis for work and holidays there every year - he has just returned from a month long holiday there).

My viewing of baseball is limited to what is broadcast on ESPN UK.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by DirtyD

I've been a Dodgers fan since my older brother gave me a Dodgers cap after one of his frequent visits to the US.
(My brother lived in Boston for a year, Dallas for quite a few years, visits San Diego on a regular basis for work and holidays there every year - he has just returned from a month long holiday there).

My viewing of baseball is limited to what is broadcast on ESPN UK.

I'm glad your brother turned out a Dodgers fan, rather than rooting for the Red Sox, Rangers, or Padres.

Keep watching, you'll see something new every day. There's nothing else in professional sports like the duel between a pitcher and batter. I'm biased I know, but I still get goose bumps when I see a filthy curve ball buckle a hitter's knees. It gets downright embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Football and cricket will always be my sports of choice, (closely followed by horse racing but I guess that's slightly different).

I think my brother is a Rangers fan, don't know how he came by a Dodgers cap for me, perhaps it was because I used to root for the L.A. Rams years ago when NFL was first broadcast on UK TV - don't know why.
Don't mind watching NFL but to be honest it's really just an excuse to have a couple of extra drinks after getting in from the pub on a Sunday night whereas baseball is kind of growing on me and I've been watching it at least two or three times a week lately.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
one: Teams should have the option to opt out... quit the game if they are being slaughtered... In these cases, it's just too cruel to watch...

two: One of the most beautiful things in B-ball is when pop-ups happen... you get to watch the ball arc beautifully from home plate. But the announcers would incessantly announce... "it's just a fly ball.. nothing to watch here"... even before the outfield player catches it. Teams IMHO should get a 1/2 of a point for that... at least.. just for the beauty of it. Baseball is not just a sport, it's an art form.

About the instant replay thing.... I cannot comment because I'm out of the country, and don't catch many B'ball games. But if this is happening, I feel sorry for the attendees. My wife is going to a Yankee game today, as she is in NY now... I'll have to ask her.
edit on 20/8/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join