It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PlateauTelecom Hacked & Data Dumped Online (inc. emails/passwords of NM military)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
From thehackersblog.com...

"7,000+ Telecommunications Accounts Hacked From An ISP in Roswell, New Mexico, The hack was done by a team of hackers known as TeamBerserk.

Teamberserk has dumped more than 7000 emails Ids and Passwords..."

and
www.esecurityplanet.com...

"New Mexico ISP Plateau Hacked
TeamBerserk hackers claim to have leveraged the stolen user data to access a network connected to the U.S. Army's White Sands Missile Range"

This is a telecommunications provider in my area of the state of New Mexico. I looked at the separate site with the data dump, and it is indeed a list of emails & passwords.

Nothing on the White Sands Missile Range site, though, even when I searched for "hack".

I'm interested in how many of the over 7,000 customers the data breach affected will actually change their passwords, or even use the email address. This company is a small regional holdout in telecommunications. I'm sure they have more than 7,ooo customers though. I'm not clear on what the hackers motives were. Any thoughts on this, or the implications?
edit on 16-8-2013 by kkrattiger because: typos man

edit on 16-8-2013 by kkrattiger because: formatting

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm not clear on what the hackers motives were. Any thoughts on this, or the implications?

When I see things like this a few motives pop up:

1. Inside job from a disgruntled employee.
2. Inside from the government/security wing hacking division, pushing for tighter controls, funding, propaganda pushing.
3. Competition, other companies similar sabotaging their rivals.
4. Whatever half assed reason the news says it is. (who it is).

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I guess I meant I'm not clear on the hackers motives because the data, the document had some weird pictograph message thing, and I couldnt really make it out. I wil try to U2U the link

join