It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon wants to put up a cell tower on property in So. Georgia. Anybody know the going rate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We own property in South Georgia near the Georgia/ Florida boarder. Verizon has been in touch with us about wanting to put up a cell tower, I know they are going to low ball us on the rent, so my question is if any one here had a contract with Verizon and how much rent you are getting. Please help. ATS is always a good source of info and I hope someone here can help me not get ripped off.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

I'm in Canada, but I own property that a telecom wanted to build a tower on.

They offered 2000$ a month.

It was competitive for my area, so I took it. They eventually moved it off the property after a few years due to calibrations and what not.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Online I have read that it can vary between $1500 and $2500 and that it also varies by county and location. Other than what I've read, I really am not sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks, their starting bid is like $500.00 per month. That sounds really low. There is a freeway that runs thru the property that goes right to Tallahassee. I was reading that they use a representative to negotiate the leases and that the lower the rep can get the rate- the higher the reps commission.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They wanted to build a 270 foot tower on a corner of the ten acres behind me, but were willing to buy the property to do it. Community opposition challenged the plan on land use grounds, since the area was zoned 2.5 acre residential. The County Commissioners ruled against them so it was never built.

new topics

top topics

join