It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Programmed To Degeneracy By Television

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Premierwest
I earned a graduate MBA from Pepperdine University in the same hours that my room-mate watched South Park and King Of The Hill on the tube. I trained my concert singing voice in the same hours America watched Simon Cowell. We live or we watch other people live for us.

Also, Hollywood is destroying moral America. In how many movies have we been moved to empathy and tolerance for cheating spouses, parents leaving their families for the better man or woman, or even murder? We start to believe that these behaviors are acceptable and appropriate. The lovers live happily ever after...or do they?

In real life, such "escapes" usually lead to long-term sorrow and scars. Hollywood does not tell us that part.

Hellol, Premierwest:

Your inclusive thoughts are worth a lot, here. you have education to back you up, as well as experience. I find your post above quite appropriate, under current circumstances, and your education backing up what you have to add. I hope, sincerely, that you continue to add to this forum and the many thoughts expressed here, for we need a voice that encompasses both of what you are and what you express....
Tetra50

though the name does not indicate it, I am NO fish.......
Just a swimming thought in the aria......though being a fish shoudn't be so bad, either......

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join