It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this plane?(desc)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I live near Hector International Airport, which also is home to the 119th Fighter Wing. I am accustomed to seeing F-16's and civilian aircraft, but yesterday I saw an unusual aircraft I was wondering you may be able to identify.

It appeared as a prop the size of a KC-135, only it's right wing had an additional device that could possibly be for exhaust (I don't want to jump to conspiracy conclusions). Due to the fact that it was flying low I initially thought it was a C-130 because it seemed larger than a 747.

There were no commercial markings, and I wasn't at an angle to see if it had the USAF on the tail.

Basically, it was a big plane with two "thingies" attached to the right wing, and one "thingie" attached to the left. It was gray in color.

Sorry for the vague description, I am hoping that someone can immediately identify it based on what I saw.

Dot.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
was it prop or jet - a bit of quick research shows that a :

KC-135 is Jet powered

www.globalsecurity.org...

while a C-130 is Prop

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Were these "thingies" the same size?

Possibles-

Engines
Fuel Pods
ECM Pods

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Did the "pod thingies" look anything like these?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Photoshopped desc:

Does this help any?

Dot.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe a C-27?

I cant find any info on variants of c-27's or ones with pods on. There are plenty of variants of the c-130 with and without the fuel pods on but the c-130 has 4 engines.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Vanguard]

top topics

join