It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crusades. (Disturbing Essay Episode #5)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Now, back on Topic.
The comparison and contrast of The Crusades with Jihad.

It's simple.

Jihad believes in the whole world,
and all of it.

Crusaders believe in the one who created the world,
and his son.

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Perhaps I should read up on this. I always thought the crusades were only about Christians fighting Muslims and Muslims fighting Christians.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

Dear jiggerj,

You're far too clever for me. I appreciate the sly humor, but I don't get the point. The article's position was that the Crusades were basically a counter-attack against a rapidly advancing army. Religion may have motivated individuals, but survival motivated countries.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

Dear jiggerj,

You're far too clever for me. I appreciate the sly humor, but I don't get the point. The article's position was that the Crusades were basically a counter-attack against a rapidly advancing army. Religion may have motivated individuals, but survival motivated countries.

With respect,
Charles1952

LOL No sly humor. I was serious. You made it sound like the crusades were much more than one religious belief system fighting against another religious belief system.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dear jiggerj,

Sorry, I misunderstood.

As the article pointed out, there was a religious component, but the big motivation for Christendom was that countries were being swallowed up, large parts of Europe and all of North Africa had been conquered, and thousands had been killed. There didn't appear to be any easy way to stop the invaders.

In this respect, the Crusades were a counter-attack against a successful invading force, and not an attempt to forcibly convert a far away, peaceful people to Christianity.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1   >>

join