It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor I heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I had been told previously, and believe me I am very skeptical of this, that a General in the US Army had produced a working copy of the armor that the Predator used, like in the movie. I know that is very far fetched, but has anyone else heard anything similar?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well there is a guy that invented a jacket that shows the image behind him, making him appear to be invisible. Thats all I have seen or heard of.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The human brain can only normally perceive a small segment of the electromagnetic spectrum, similar to sound, what is 'vibrating' at higher or lower frequencies is simply inaudible or invisible, this is demonstrated in principle when you look through an electric fan or a plane's propeller. I have heard similar stories about body armor capable of vibrations beyond the visible range, but I have yet to see anything credible. The technology exsists, but to actually create a 'vibrating' body suit would seem to me to be a difficult endeavor given the risks. I can't remeber where I read it, but scientists once created what amounted to a giant pea whistle once, they cut it on and turned the scientist who was supposed to cut it off again into a bag of man-jelly.

join