It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle At Site Of Mercedes Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Mysterious Priest Performs Miracle At Site Of Mercedes Crash

www.theblackvault.com

About an hour into the rescue, Katie asked rescue workers to pray out loud with her. That's when a priest appeared out of no where.

"He came up and approached the patient, and offered a prayer," Reed said. "It was a Catholic priest who had anointing oil with him. A sense of calmness came over her, and it did us as well. I can't be for certain how it was said, but myself and another firefighter, we very plainly heard that we should remain calm, that our tools would now work and that we would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
"CENTER, MO. -- Rescue workers want to thank a higher power for coming to the rescue early Sunday morning. "

No, I am not going to become a believer due to this story and nor would I put it beyond the church to have concocted this story somehow in order to gain a few brownie points for their cause.

So, anybody care to elaborate here on what may have happened other than a priest possibly sitting in a car nearby to the accident?

www.theblackvault.com

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
this was posted late last night, give me a sec Ill look up the thread.

vid from previous thread here.

Mystery Angel arrives
edit on 8-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

"CENTER, MO. -- Rescue workers want to thank a higher power for coming to the rescue early Sunday morning. "

No, I am not going to become a believer due to this story and nor would I put it beyond the church to have concocted this story somehow in order to gain a few brownie points for their cause.

So, anybody care to elaborate here on what may have happened other than a priest possibly sitting in a car nearby to the accident?

www.theblackvault.com

All of the external sources are from your link www.theblackvault.com But the following are credited to a USA TODAY Reporter. Melanie Eversley!

Very, very interesting and finally a FEEL GOOD story. I can't explain it, especially a the bottom when it talks about the 69 photos and no sign of him (priest). I don't think we need to throw this into the cynical bin that the Catholic Church is trying to get "brownie point", in fact there has been no comment from any church officials, the accounts all come from the brave EMT's and firefighters!! Really cool story!!

By Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY Emergency workers and community members in eastern Missouri are not sure what to make of a mystery priest who showed up at a critical accident scene Sunday morning and whose prayer seemed to change life-threatening events for the positive. Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo. "I think it's a miracle," Reed said. "I would say whether it was an angel that was sent to us in the form of a priest or a priest that became our angel, I don't know. Either way, I'm good with it."

Reed's team and emergency workers from several other jurisdictions tried for at least 45 minutes to remove the twisted metal from around Lentz. Various pieces of equipment broke and the team was running out of choices. A helicopter waited to carry Lentz to the nearest trauma center. Though Lentz appeared calm, talking about her church and her studies toward a dentistry degree, her vital signs were beginning to fail, Reed said. "I was pulled off to the side by one of the members of the" helicopter evacuation team, Reed said. "He expressed to me that we were out of time. Her condition looked grim for her coming out of that vehicle alive. She was facing major problems." At that point, Reed's team agreed to take the life-threatening chance of sitting the vehicle upright so that Lentz could be removed from it. This is dangerous because a sudden change in pressure to the body can be critical, he said.

That's when Lentz asked if someone would pray with her and a voice said, "I will." The silver-haired priest in his 50s or 60s in black pants, black shirt and black collar with visible white insert stepped forward from nowhere. It struck Reed as odd because the street was blocked off 2 miles from the scene and no one from the nearby communities recognized him. Reed and the other emergency workers were on their knees. The priest of about medium build, maybe 6-feet-tall, stood above them. "This priest approached Katie and began to pray openly with her," Reed said. "He had a bottle of anointing oil with him and he used that." Another firefighter who had been watching said it appeared as if the priest also sprinkled Reed and two other emergency workers nearby with oil. Everything happened quickly after that. Twenty emergency workers pulled together and sat the car upright, Churchill Lentz said. Katie Lentz's vital signs improved and a rescue team from a neighboring community suddenly appeared with fresh equipment and tools. Lentz was removed and rushed to the hospital. With Lentz gone, the rescue team prepared to clean up, Reed said. "We all go back to thank this priest and he's gone," he said. Initially, they assumed he had to get to his home church to lead Sunday services. But then they looked at their photos of the scene. "I have 69 photographs that were taken from minutes after that accident happened — bystanders, the extrication, our final cleanup — and he's not in them," Reed said. "All we want to do is thank him."

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Cool mate, MODS feel free to delete.

P.S. I did search beforehand but nothing came up.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Cool OP! Again! and 'benr' thanks for the video with some credibe (chief of first reponders). Makes you just wonder doesn't it? I've seen so many crazy stories on ATS, but this one just seem different. Again, I don't want to add facts that have not bee stated, The stories we have referenced appear without doubt that a 'priest' arrived, people heard him praying and told everyone to remain calm. Shortly there after additional equipment arrived and she was extricated from this near death experience. Also of note the DWI driver that cause this allegedy survived as well, that's just a side note.

Either the good samaritan will remain anonymous due to his vows of being humble, or someone will remember him and come forward. All in all, I am so happy for this young woman to have survived and has a chance to heal and live!!! I am choosing to remain neutral on any supernatural happening, however, I remain open minded. I just feel that this story could just be something special, very special. Well it already is she is alive!!! A Good Story!! Thanks! ID!! s + f for you two
edit on 8-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Just another link describing the incident. Pictures of the terrible crash and confirmation of the story that OP has posted.

Medical workers had just warned the crew that Lentz’s condition was failing fast, when the teen asked if everyone nearby would pray out loud with her. Suddenly, a man clad in black with a white collar appeared at the scene. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Mystery of the mysterious 'apparent' prienst on scene of horrific accident:
NY Post Link >>

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The answer is obvious.

Time Traveller.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Mystery "Angel" Arrives to Help at Car Crash and then Disappears : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Power of Prayer.
Praise The Lord

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is crazy to report this "event" as a miracle. The story makes absolutely no sense as I've read it here and have seen on Fox News.

If the appearing person had waved a hand and the crumpled vehicle had mysteriously uncrumpled to release the gal, then maybe we got something super-natural happening. But the guy comes along, says a prayer, they all calm down, finish their rescue job and THAT is a miracle? --At some point, the definition of a miracle has changed.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You need not be religious to access this. Prayers or hopeful good thought and wishes are very powerful and when done in concert could have some miraculous effects. It is a shame that as more people grow to hate religion they systematically ignore or deny that this power exists which has no attachment to any particular religion.

Is there any use in praying for others?

The spirit of him who prays exercises an influence through his desire to do good. By prayer, he attracts to himself good spirits who take part with him in the good he desires to do.

We possess in ourselves, through our thought and our will, a power of action that extends far beyond the limits of our corporeal sphere. To pray for others is an act of our will. If our will be ardent and sincere, if calls good spirits to the aid of the party prayed for, and thus helps him by the suggestion of good thoughts, and by giving him the strength of body and of soul which he needs. But, in his case also, the prayer of the heart is everything; that of the lips is nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This made our local news (DC). Sounds paranormal to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Sometimes people are able to pull together. It is the social connection and responsibility which comes with it. The image of the priest must have been them out. The way people dress have a powerful impact sometimes. I am glad what ever helped them worked pretty well.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
This is crazy to report this "event" as a miracle. The story makes absolutely no sense as I've read it here and have seen on Fox News.

If the appearing person had waved a hand and the crumpled vehicle had mysteriously uncrumpled to release the gal, then maybe we got something super-natural happening. But the guy comes along, says a prayer, they all calm down, finish their rescue job and THAT is a miracle? --At some point, the definition of a miracle has changed.

I think you may have missed the part where the Priest seems to have vanished and left no trace of his existence. In the multitudes of pictures taken at the scene, nobody had a picture of the priest. While it may have a perfectly normal explanation, at this time, it seems as if everyone there was under a mass delusion. Or there was an angel that showed up and helped this girl through a very tough time.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
From a show I once watched.........

God is Now Here. or God is Nowhere.

I believe in Miracles. Ive seen miraculous things happen in my life.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
From a show I once watched.........

God is Now Here. or God is Nowhere.

I believe in Miracles. Ive seen miraculous things happen in my life.

Gave you a star for a simple and your thoughtful observations. I just simply have faith that there is something 'Greater' than us. I am not endorsing any religion nor anyone else's belief. I do not consider myself a follower of a religion even. I just believe that there have been known circumstances, especially in the medical field that 'things' have happened that have baffled the medical community and even times they have just said it's a miracle. Some strange things that just don't seem to have a logical answer that have been very positive, seem miraculous as you say.

It's just a feel good story and no matter what...I am glad that young lady survived and looks like at some point will be able to regain enough strength to live a normal life. I also hope that dwi driver gets punished severely.

edit on 9-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I loved the message from "Life of Pi":

There are two stories, neither can be proved right or wrong. Which do you prefer?

I prefer the one that involves love and help from a caring deity over one which spurs negative and cynical explanation.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think the most important thing in this story is that the lady is safe. Everything else is speculation.

We each can choose to believe whatever we want but its still going to be a mystery that may never be solved....my favorite kind. Cool story.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As mentioned above - duplicate thread. The original can be found here. Please add all comments to the extant thread.

Thread closed.

join