It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ft Hood shooter Nidal Hassan WANTS to be found guilty!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
After reading this article, I think Hassan WANTS to be found guilty of premediatted murder and get the death penalty.

The standby attorney for the soldier charged in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage accused Maj. Nidal Hasan on Wednesday of deliberately charting a course toward a conviction and death sentence, abruptly halting the trial after only one day.

Lt. Col. Kris Poppe, Hasan's lead court-appointed standby attorney, said he is willing to step in and be Hasan's defense lawyer. But he asked that his responsibilities as co-counsel be minimized if Hasan, who is representing himself at trial, continues to work toward being executed.

On Tuesday, he told jurors during a less than 2-minute opening statement that the evidence would "clearly show" he was the shooter, but that it would "only show one side." He also questioned only two of the first dozen witnesses, who included one soldier who was shot seven times during the November 2009 attack on the sprawling Army post.

Why do you ask? I think Hassan believes giving his life to his 'cause' is the highest honor he can bestow, becoming a martyr.
If he could have, Hassan would have plead guilty outright, but due to the UCMJ, he wasnt allowed.

Hasan wanted to plead guilty to murder and attempted murder, but military rules forbid guilty pleas in death penalty cases.

I'm of the opinion that if the death sentence was taken OFF the table, his defense would completely change. I hope the prosecutors take that off the table and give him life in prison.

Story

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
He's a screwball who thinks that if he dies then he'll be a martyr and can go to his paradise and have all those virgins wait on him. :shk: What is probably waiting for him on the other side of the veil isn't pretty. He shouldn't be in an all fired up hurry to get there.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
As others before had stated elsewhere this Ft Hood shooter Nidal is an Albanian.So i cant say that i am not surprised.
They would rather die for there radical view then live.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You think? He asked for the death penalty didn't he?

top topics

join