It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of Congress denied access to basic information about NSA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

Has any thought that maybe the NSA found that some members of Congress are involved in something they should be investigated for? That would be one big reason why they would be denied access.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CryHavoc

Originally posted by R_Clark

Has any thought that maybe the NSA found that some members of Congress are involved in something they should be investigated for? That would be one big reason why they would be denied access.

Every member of congress is dirty, it's just the result of our political system. The end result of that means the NSA can find blackmail material on each and every government official and use that to control them. Since the material is top secret, the member of government can't even come out about it and say "The NSA found this on me with their spy program, now I'm telling you what they're doing".

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Select members of of the intel committee?

Sounds like those individuals are playing ball with the NSA for favors/information granted. Those on the outside gotta a whole lotta nada. As that's the way the committee members intend to keep it.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
So who are the rotten apples that need to go from congress. We need to start a campaign against these people to get them removed.

Spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, create websites designed to discredit these traitors. The most important thing is to keep updating these media sites. Letting the people know about these traitors.

We have to make it simple tho to keep the public informed. I mean really simple. This congress person is evil, paint them up with big nasty words or humorous pictures etc..to draw the public in. Once they are drawn in there can be links to all their misdeeds. Otherwise people will not even care and the campaign will fail.

We have to be like the MSM and make it an enormous issue.

Example: Congressman = Traitor to the constitution/ Evil Gun Hater trying to keep poor people poor. Do not vote. (Click here for details etc...)

I like your idea. Let me get the bi-partisan list of unpatriotic congress people started:

Diane Feinstein, Lindsay Graham, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnell, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi. There are plenty more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

We should have a US patriotic party that Bi-Partisanly supports candidates that defend the Constitution and the rights and safety of US citizens.

Recent "grass roots" groups have failed to do this. The Tea Party is funded by the Koch brothers and other GOP establishment types and essentially has a radical right-wing platform, OWS did no real political campaigning (only protesting), and Think Progress and other such liberal/progressive groups essentially shill for the Democratic party establishment, which is also corporate controlled.

As for good congress people, I'd start the list with Ron Wyden, Rand Paul, Alan Grayson and this guy Ammands (sp?, the Rep. congressman from Michigan who proposed the recent amendment to some intelligence bill, which was defeated on a close vote in the House.

Such a political action group should also similarly support presidential candidates who are copacetic to the Constitution and the general welfare of the nation. Right now, the only persons I see fitting this bill and possibly running are Rand Paul and Ron Paul. And to be clear, I am not a big Paul supporter because of some of their other political views. Billary Clinton and the usual collection of GOP clowns as well as purported new presidential aspirants should be shunned as presidential contenders. Chris Christie -- I don't know; maybe he is his own man, but he is clearly tied to the establishment as well, but he is way better than most of the other current GOP would-be contenders. I honestly am unaware of any possible Democratic presidential candidates for 2016 that I could support, unless Elizabeth Warren were to throw her hat into the ring.

Conservatives at ATS like to maintain that I am purely a Democratic shill, I challenge them to overcome their own biases and get on board with a movement such as has been proposed here.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Why are so few conservative Obama-haters commenting on this post?

I've said it any number of times in my political posts here: the ATS Obama haters love to criticize him about sensationalized, dubious conspiracies, but when he outright lies -- as he has done here in his specious claims about the oversight that congress has on these intelligence programs -- few of these people come forward.

Yes, Agit8dChop, I do wonder about this. Particularly as they have a chance to legitimately criticize Obama on an important matter, but they'd rather stick to Benghazi-gate and keep pearl-clutching over the conspiracy theories about Obama becoming dictator and taking away their guns.

I'm glad to see Logarock, whom I generally agree with on nothing regarding politics, commenting here, but most of the usual conservative suspects evidently don't much give a hoot about congressional oversight of US intelligence agencies. Obviously that is best left to the military-industrial-intelligence complex itself rather than to our elected representatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join