It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Licensed criminals: FBI informants authorized to break the law 5,600 times in one year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is my problem with large, bloated 3 letter agencies like the FBI. It's not good enough anymore to investigate crime, we must now ENCOURAGE it to happen in order to catch people.

In at least 5,658 cases in a single year alone, the FBI authorized its informants to commit crimes varying from selling drugs to plotting robberies, according to a copy of an FBI report obtained by USA Today.

After much redacting by the authorities, the watered-down FBI's 2011 report obtained under the Freedom of Information Act has revealed that agents had been authorizing 15 crimes a day on average, in order to get the necessary information from their informants.

The document does not indicate the severity of the crimes authorized by the agency, nor does it include material about violations that were committed without the government's permission. It just sites a number of 5,658 Tier I and II infractions committed by criminals to help the bureau battle crime.

According to the Department of Justice Tier I is the most severe and includes “any activity that would constitute a misdemeanour or felony under federal, state, or local law if engaged in by a person acting without authorization and that involves the commission or the significant risk of the commission of certain offenses, including acts of violence; corrupt conduct by senior federal, state, or local public officials; or the manufacture, importing, exporting, possession, or trafficking in controlled substances of certain quantities.

Source

Not surprised to see this covered by RT, but none of the other MSMS outlets in American or Europe.

Several months ago I read an article on BlackListedNews regarding the FBI and CIA's policy of encouraging small groups of terrorists, by providing money, arms, components and advice in the hopes that those people lead them to larger cells.

They then pick those people up and arrest them, while claiming they thwarted a terrorist attack.

Technically they are correct, but nobody ever asks if they are the ones that created the terrorist event in the first place.

I understand undercover work. I understand that there are cases where you have to do illegal things to get on the good side of the people you are investigation, that's fine.

But IMO, much like everything else, they are taking advantage and causing more problems than they are solving.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Someone beat you to it yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

#wompwomp

Thanks for the heads up!

Closed.

~Tenth
edit on 8/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

join