It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Been Awoken By Something Like This ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I was just wondering if any of the members here have ever been awoken from a deep sleep, in the middle of the night by a polyphonic (Multiple Frequencies of Sound) extremely resonant , metallic , humming and VERY LOUD noise in the middle of the night ??
The noise is defiantly in a lower register and it may seem to ring in your head while it is active . It may cause extreme agitation , paranoia , fear , etc , and last anywhere from one minute to five to ten minutes .

Anyone that would be good enough to share their experiences and input into this subject i would be most appreciative of.

Sincerely Yours

Omega

PS - Feel free to u2u me if you dont feel comfortable posting here, All information will be kept totally confidential .

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This sounds like what is what as known as "The Hum".

The Hum is a phenomenon, or collection of phenomena, involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming, rumbling, or droning noise not audible to all people. Hums have been widely reported by national media in the UK[1] and the United States.[2] The Hum is sometimes prefixed with the name of a locality where the problem has been particularly publicized: e.g., the "Bristol Hum", the "Taos Hum", or the "Bondi Hum".[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Knowing you're from Sydney...:

STRESSED-out locals have demanded an investigation into the "Bondi hum", a strange low-level background noise described as being like the sound of a truck engine or industrial fan.

BONDI residents have always claimed their patch of Sydney has its own special buzz. Problem is, it's driving some of them crazy.

To those who can hear it - it is not detectable by everyone - it is incessant and it has been going on for years.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

We also had an article down here in Melbourne in MX newspaper (free newspaper handed out at train stations) that mentioned it.

A couple of months ago I heard something similar in the middle of the night (it didn't wake me up). I went outside to find where it was coming from, but it seemingly didn't have a direction. It was definitely louder outside though. Also note that night time is typically very quiet, hence your senses tend to be more sensitive. A few weeks later I had someone I live with ask if I had heard the sound too...
edit on 3/8/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes, roughly thirty-five years ago or so ... but it was in a dream and I still remember the dreams (two of them).

It seemed to be at the sound threshhold where people can actually die (see sonar attacks).

I'll skip the dream details ... but, if I can remember a dream this explicitly, this many years later ... you know it was a biggie.

It's nothing at all like the Earth hums we hear ... those can be rather comforting sometimes. It was a "killer" sound.

See also THIS: en.wikipedia.org...

The sound, as best as I can describe it ... was like a gong in a Tibetan temple but extremly LOW pitched and was a SINGLE tone and the decibles would be WAY off the chart.

I did have a third lesser; but, similiar incident a couple years after the first two that happened two nights in a row. No more since then.

edit on 3/8/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've absolutely had this happen to me. Recently in fact... Its hard to describe, but its like i hear its while im sleeping, or reading, but suddenly i realize ive woken up or notice it and the tone changes. Its always a low tone, but over time i start feeling a seriously distraught. Like really sad. Im not a sad person whatsoever mind you. Its a feeling i haven't felt besides these occasions.

I wouldn't just post this to jump on this band wagon. I seriously have had experiences like this too, and i hate how worthless i felt because of whatever this might be. Its like feeling totally alone, and hating existence, for a few mins, and out of no where the tone fades, and so does the melancholy.

Weird thing is that i actually have no reason to feel that way, even momentarily. Maybe you can understand what im explaining. But if its not, ignore me! Im just trying to see if this is relating.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sound like this at all?

Also note that a lot of records of the hum are fake. A lot of them are from war of the worlds or are edited iterations of it, or other sounds from movies.

Also a good article with sample sound:

skeptoid.com...
edit on 3/8/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am pretty sure it's like a harmonic resonance of the Earth itself.
Something like this.

There was a cave in Tibet (maybe?) where they claimed the cave started "talking" which it was actually making this humming metallic harmonic resonance sound.

I listened to the audio of this cave's resonance or whatever it was, and it sounded just like the humming from around the world in those odd videos.

The monks claimed it was part of the Earth's interior processes.
Maybe it's related to the core and magnetism?

I don't know.

All I know is that it's the Earth causing these sounds because that talking cave pretty much makes this obvious.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Any more information in this talking cave?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
reply to post by muzzleflash

Any more information in this talking cave?

Google is kind of flooded with people saying it's the aliens and all that but you can find it by Googling
"Singing Cave Tibet".

On youtube they have an audio supposedly from the cave. It doesn't match any movie soundtracks I know of specifically so maybe it's legit?

And here is an old Zorgon thread about it here at ATS
Link to thread

Those are the first two results.

IMHO it's just something like the Earth core "ringing" or vibrating maybe?
Something Geological and explainable though I am pretty strongly convinced.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Listen into the audio for a few minutes, that's when the metallic sounds start.

I am betting this is akin to what you guys/gals are hearing.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I used to experience this in my old flat.

really freaked me out the first couple of times because i lived in the top floor so it couldn't have been something from up stairs.

Then i discovered that I was actually living directly under the landing path of a hospital helicopter.

And I am not joking, that really was the cause of it.

I am not saying that you are the same OP just saying that i once experience them same and it had a logical answer and I am sure your experience will also have one (perhaps not a helicopter though)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Listen into the audio for a few minutes, that's when the metallic sounds start.

I am betting this is akin to what you guys/gals are hearing.

Sorry, that is a nice, normal Earth sound and is 100%, totally and completely different than what this gal heard.
Nice sounds there though!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

You may want to check this out too.
Exploding head syndrome

Exploding head syndrome is a form of hypnagogic auditory hallucination in which the sufferer sometimes experiences a sudden loud noise coming from within their own head. The noise is brief and is usually likened to an explosion, roar, gunshot, record scratch, door slamming, loud voices or screams, a ringing noise, the sound of electrical arcing (buzzing) or a thud.

new topics

top topics

join